- Mohammad Amiri added an answer:99+What is the best TeX editor for LaTeX?Give your opinion especially on your experience whether good or bad on TeX editors like LEd, TeXMaker, TeXStudio, Notepad++, WinEdt (Paid), ....
Some quick ref.
- Jeremy David Auerbach added an answer:11Is there a way to optimize several variables at the same time? That is can I minimize cost, while maximizing some other value?I am running a large scale optimization procedure, and I want to find a way to extend this to optimize two parameters at the same time, but I do not want to have to use regularization parameters...
As Yogesh stated mathematically it's not possible, see the paper below.Following
- Edison Salazar added an answer:4Does anyone know good software to solve the Laplace equation in 3D?I am particularly interested in solving the Laplace equation for a system of spatially distributed punctual sources (charges).
Primero que nada, que gusto saludarte. A pesar de que ya ha pasado un buen tiempo de tu pregunta, puede ser de utilidad algunas líneas de código (https://github.com/ajucode/DFT) que hicimos con un amigo matemático en FORTRAN 90 en donde tenemos resuelto \nabla^2 para una Roothaan-Hartree-Fock Ground-State Atomic Wave Functions y una líneas de código para graficar en FORTRAN 90 con DISLIN (DISLIN sirve para graficar directo de tu código en FORTRAN 90).
- Stephen Lynch added an answer:1What is the minimum number of transistors required to build a threshold oscillator?We would like to connect such oscillator circuits together to excite or inhibit other threshold oscillator circuits.
A You Tube video of the world's simplest single transistor oscillator circuit:
- Mokhtar Nosrati added an answer:22Does anyone know any software to predict 3D structure of ssDNA aptamer (30mer oligonucleotide)?I am trying to study DNA (ligand)-Protein (receptor) Interaction by molecular docking, hence i need .pdb file format for DNA as ligand?.
I would highly appreciate if you could please lend your valuable suggestions/advice to me.
you can use 3d.dart webserverFollowing
- Sanjay Manohar added an answer:7Does anyone know of any human physiology modelling software that we could "integrate" with the virtual patient simulations we are creating?The software would for example model the effects of changes in blood pressure, heart rate and rhythm, skin colour change, in response to various interventions such a drug administration, change in posture, blood loss etc...
Late answer, but try HOM Physiology. It unlike most others, it features cardiovascular, respiratory, gastrointestinal, endocrine and some neurological simulations all coupled together in a simple graphical environment.Following
- Marcel Stefan Wagner added an answer:3Can anyone help with simulating WSN routing protocols?Does anybody know if the RMASE (Routing Modeling Application Simulation Environment) application for PROWLER simulator is still available anywhere for download? As far as I can tell there seems to be no official site or download links available anywhere.
Sir Magnus Eriksson, can you turn available your copy of rmase files for academic purpose? The link you give us is out of service. I tryed from the paper link too, but the result is the same. I appreciate so much if you can.Following
- Gerges Youssef added an answer:8SolidWorksWho uses SW?
I do. How can I help you?Following
- Hasanthi anuradha Pathberiya added an answer:13Does anybody knows a criteria to choose the optimal number of clusters in cluster analysis?I am trying to use cluster analysis to obtain conformations of a protein from molecular dynamic simulations data. But I have a problem to determine the optimal numer of cluster in the analysis (in this case conformations). Does anybody knows a criteria to choose the optimal number of clusters in cluster analysis? Any documetation about it?
Thanks for your suggestions
- Komeil Hashemi added an answer:6Any advice on explosion (detonation) simulation or modelling?I'm going to perform an explosion simulation. Any advice or suggested software?
In my opinion , LS Dyna is the best option. Has so many options and wide range of published work in different topics.Following
- Richard Tran Mills added an answer:16Any Free or Open Source Software (FOSS) for fluid flow simulation in porous media?The simulators I know are either not maintained, at a very early stage of development, or written in old programming languages, namely:
* BOAST, UTCHEM, etc. written in Fortran 77 -- http://www.netl.doe.gov/technologies/oil-gas/software/simulat.html
* DuMuX written on top of a C++ library -- http://www.dumux.org/
If you know any alternative, please share.
* MRST is a MATLAB® toolbox that is also part of the OPM initiative -- http://www.sintef.no/MRST
* OPM is the best choice if you're a C++ programmer working in the field. Please invest time using it and contribute with code whenever possible -- http://www.opm-project.org
PFLOTRAN (www.pflotran.org) is actively maintained and supported, written in modern Fortran 2003, has an extensive set of capabilities, and runs on machines ranging from laptops to the largest-scale supercomputers.Following
- S. Mostapha Kalami Heris added an answer:5Simulated AnnealingFor Implemenation in industries
An open-source MATLAB implementation of SA, is available here:
Also application of SA to VRP and Scheduling is available to download in the following links:
- S. Mostapha Kalami Heris added an answer:1Fuzzy PSO ModelerAny body has a code to tune a fuzzy system using PSO in Matlab?
An open-source implementation of tuning of parameters and training of a Fuzzy Inference System in MATLAB, is available to download, in the following link:
In the provided source codes, Genetic Algorithm (GA) and Particle Swarm Optimization (PSO) is used to train a fuzzy system.Following
- Mohamed Arar added an answer:4Molecular dynamics in materials studio.When attempting to run a dynamics simulation using Discover module in Materials studio, I came across this problem:
Error: Dynamics: Energy difference between successive steps in dynamics is greater than the user defined variable DEVIATION, 5000.000
invoked from within
time = 5000.00 \
timestep = 1fs.00 \
initial_temperature = 298.00 \
ensemble = NVT \
temperature_control_method = ander ... "
What could be the cause of this and how does one fix it?
How many NPT simulations we have before we get the resultsFollowing
- Ali A. Kazemi Afshar added an answer:2How can I simulate storage zone inside intersection for left turns in Vistro or Synchro?
In both program there are only way to simulate signalized intersection or roundabout.But in middle east, especially in Turkey or Iran there is some kind of signalized intersection, that exist a roundabout at the mid of intersection.So the cars are waiting in the middle of intersection instead of storage line.
Just now, i want to simulate these kind of intersection in software in order to calculate level of service.
I already try this method, but adding turn pocket storage increase the capacity of intersection so the delay of intersection decrease. Is there any alternative way without adding extra line as storage?!Following
- Ravi Kant Avvari added an answer:12Gromacs Error: Too many lincs warningI am trying to run an md simulation for 1ns for energy minimization of a pdb structure but everytime after 129 steps it fails with the error Too many Lincs Warning. What is the problem in simulation I dont know. Someone please help with this
Changing from md to steep help solved my LINCS + segmentation problem.
- Monica Patrascu added an answer:7Could it be possible implementing the fitness function of GA code in matlab to work with simulation rather than equations?
I chose the GA for optimization by writing the program using ga code in matlab. This program is ok if I put the terms of fitness function as equations; for example:
When I run the program the ga graphs and results is fine, and par=10.
However, when I put these equations as a model in simulation, the ga graphs (best value) is constant (line) which is incorrect.
My issue is that I need to import y1 from the simulation and y2 from data results to estimate par.
Really I got stuck in this point which is how can I use ga with simulation.
Moreover, I can share the knowledge with who is interested in.
Oh, hello again. I forgot to check the questions, sorry, I don't get notifications. Here is an already implemented example of GA and simulink models: http://www.mathworks.com/matlabcentral/fileexchange/51072-gaot-ecm--extension-for-control-and-modeling
I hope it's not too late!Following
- Fernando Agustín Otero added an answer:5Is there a weaker condition rather than an isomorphism to keep properties from an original system to a mapped one?
Let me explain myself. Suppose you have examined the structure of a typical integral system (might be just a discretised matrix version of it) and you have developed according to the properties of the system some methodology. If you transform it (or map it) into another space, is it necessary for the other space to be an isomorphism or is there a weaker condition (or several) to assume all properties we found for the earlier case still apply? Just to make it clearer, I'm not talking of a weak formulation such as in the variational approach. Hope I could have explained myself. I can give a more detailed description of my concern if it is necessary. I also would appreciate some articles or bibliography on this. Thank you in advance.
Thank you Dr. Apfelbaum. No, I don't actually want to go back to the initial space.Following
- Arash Behnia added an answer:13I need tutorial materials in modeling and simulation of wave propagation(Lamb,P,S and Ultrasonic) using ANSYS. Thanks in advanceModeling and simulation of Acoustics wave propagation
Why are not you using ABAQUS? You can also find a tutorial on youtube.Following
- Mehdi Rezaeianzadeh added an answer:2Does a physically based nonpoint source model simulate mercury and nuclear waste?
There are several hydrological and hydrodynamic models. I usually model nutrients transport using watershed models. Does a two-dimensional physically based nonpoint source model simulate mercury and nuclear waste?
Maybe useful to you:
- Georgi Genov added an answer:73Is self-citation good for showing the continuity of the research and avoiding self plagiarism? Please share your experience and thought.Self citation can help paper reviewers to check on the history of the author(s) and research topics.
Any comment or opinion are welcome.
Lets imagine the following situation - Little Johnny is a post-doc or a Ph.D. student; Little Johnny's boss/supervisor is active, with many collaborations and, therefore, appears as a co-author in hundreds of publications. Little Johnny happens to publish an article. His boss is, of course, the last co-author. Mind you, in many cases the name of the boss is there only out of courtesy. Some years later Little Johnny checks the number of self-references to his article, and finds a huge number of them. Little Johnny says to himself "How come? I've referred to this article just once in my entire life." Well Johnny, your boss has many new students. They write articles and refer to your research, but your boss's name is again in the authors list. And this counts as a self-reference for you.
What do we do about that?Following
- Tapan P Gondaliya added an answer:1Scope of Digital Image ProcessingMay i know what is the future prospective or the future scope after completion of PhD in Digital Image Processing?
may be this link and paper is useful to u..
Some of the articals
- Christian Andersson Naesseth added an answer:7Can someone suggest filtering methods for hidden Markov models with large state space?
I was wondering if anyone has any good suggestions for solving the filtering problem when you have a hidden Markov model where the hidden chain x_k has a very large state space? By very large I mean that the exact solution (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Forward_algorithm) becomes too computationally demanding.
My application is basically a discrete spatio-temporal model where for each time instance the transition probability is a Markov random field with nearest neighbour interaction.
Hi everyone, back from Easter break. Thanks for all the answers, I'll review them more carefully and make a more detailed answer later.
To give some context to the problem I am trying to solve we have recently proposed a new particle filter/sequential Monte Carlo framework that does seem to work for quite a bit higher dimension than standard PFs. I have attached our arXived paper on the matter, the type of problems I am looking to find something to compare our method with is in Section 6.3. In this filtering problem we are looking at a structured state space where at each time step we would have to sum over 2^600 or 2^1056 different values using brute force.Following
- Pranav D. S added an answer:15I am looking for software for simulation of wind for Mac OS.I am looking for software for wind simulation for Mac OS. I use Ansys but I heard that there is no version for Mac. Is there any other software that you are satisfied with using? Is there a free version for students?
For fluid dynamics, I'd suggest you try SU2 (Stanford University Unstructured) solver. The Euler and NS solvers are good. They use both direct and adjoint methods and it is possible to install from source on Mac OSFollowing
- Bernardo Alves Furtado added an answer:13Do you know any real example of use of agent-based models by decision-makers?These last years, I have developed many models to tackle real problems, but until now none of them have been used in real situations by decision-makers.
I am curious to know if some of you have heard about examples of agent-based models that are actually used by decision-makers (city-planners, environmental health and safety manager, etc.) and not only by researchers/modelers.
I know of UrbanSim used by Paul Wadell to study metropolitan coupled systems of urban mobility and housing applied in Ohio and elsewhere.
I also intend to fully develop this model for policy:
- Jafar Azamat added an answer:1How namd and gromacs connection?CHARMM, X-PLOR, AMBER,and GROMACS are four types of force fields, and NAMD is ale to use all of them.
so, I have a question how NAMD and GROMACS connection?
There is no need to connect these softwares.Following
- Mahmoud Khaled added an answer:9Mannasim patch file for ns2.35I have installed ns2.35 simulator to simulate a wireless sensor network routing protocol, but, they told me that I need a mannasim patch file to add, for correct working ns2.
So please, if you can help me and tell me how to do that, if someone can give me the patch and how to add it?Following
- Muhammed Fasil added an answer:18Block Error MessageWhy do I get this Error message while I start the simulation, the error in the transfer function block: the message is:
at time 0.0 is Inf or NaN. Stopping simulation. There
may be a singularity in the solution. If not, try reducing the
step size (either by reducing the fixed step size or by
tightening the error tolerances)
Use a 1/z block or delay block just before that error showing block.Following
About Simulation and Modeling
The focus of this group are the methods and tools for modeling and simulation.