- Morton E. O'Kelly added an answer:5What is mathematical model for railway trains timetabling ?
What types of model for train timetabling or scheduling do exist in research studies?
Can you give some a existing libraries for railway trains timetabling or scheduling in metro or intercity lines?
Many thanks in advance.
Given this excellent theory, and "automatic train control" it is especially awful to have news of the recent head to head collision on the German railway. As the models have shown, there should not even be two trains in the same direction contesting for the same track, never mind in opposite directions. That event reinforces the fact that this is a very serious business with no room for misunderstanding or ambiguity. We will have to wait for the report from the crash to know what happened of course.Following
- Arkadiusz Kampczyk added an answer:2What are the rules/guidelines that apply to the geometry of the track railways in the German, Switzerland / Austrian Railway systems?
What are the rules / guidelines apply to the geometry of the track railways in the German, Switzerland / Austrian Railways (diagnostics, geodesy) ?
We have, for example, the Technical Specifications for Interoperability with respect to the geometry of the track. And what else?
Sehr geehrter Kollegen,
Welche Regeln / Richtlinien gelten der Gleisgeometrie bei den deutschen, schweizer / österreichischen Bahnen (Diagnose, Geodäsie)?
Wir haben z. B. die Technischen Spezifikationen für die Interoperabilität in Bezug auf die Bahngeometrie. Und was noch?
Mit freundlichen Grüßen
vielen dank für deine gute Nachricht und Informationen. Bei uns - in Polen ist z. B. neue Direktive der Polnischen Staatsbahn: "Id-1 (D-1) Technische Bedingungen der Instandhaltung des Oberbaus auf den Bahnstrecken. Warszawa (Warschau) 2005. Unter Berücksichtigung der Änderungen aus der Verordnung Nr. 19/2015 des Vorstands von PKP Polskie Linie Kolejowe S.A. (Polnische Staatsbahn Polnische Bahnlinien AG) vom 30. April 2015" und Direktive der Polnischen Staatsbahn: "Id-14 (D-75) über die Durchführung der Vermessungen, der Untersuchungen und der Bewertung des Zustands der Gleise. Warszawa (Warschau) 2005. Unter Berücksichtigung der Änderungen aus der Verordnung Nr. 4/2010 des Vorstands von PKP Polskie Linie Kolejowe S.A. (Polnische Staatsbahn Polnische Bahnlinien AG) vom 22. Februar 2010".
Aber, ich habe noch eine Frage.
Welche Regeln / Richtlinien gelten graphischen Zeichen - Symbole auf den Karten / Pläne der Situations / Profile auf österreichischen / deutschen / switzerland Eisenbahnen?. In Polen ist z.B.: "D19 - Instruktion über die Organisation und die Messungen in der Bahngeodäsie"?
Freundliche Grüße aus Polen
Thank you for your good news and information. Here in Poland we have a new Directive of the Polish State Railways: "Id-1 (D-1) Technical conditions of the maintenance of the superstructure on the railway lines. Warszawa (Warsaw), 2005. Taking into account the amendments made to Regulation No. 19/2015 of the Management Board of PKP PLK SA (Polish State Railways Polish Railway Lines AG) of 30 April 2015" and Directive of the Polish State Railways: "Id-14 (D-75) on the implementation of the surveys, the studies and the assessment of the state of the tracks. Warszawa (Warsaw), 2005. Taking into account the amendments made to Regulation No. 4/2010 of the Management Board of PKP PLK SA (Polish State Railways Polish Railway Lines AG) of 22 February of 2010".
But, I have one more question.
What are the rules / guidelines apply graphic signs - symbols on the maps / plans of Situations / profiles on Austrian / German / Switzerland railways?. Here in Poland, for example: "D19 - Instruction on the organization and measurements in railway geodesy"?
- Nico Burgelman added an answer:4What are rigid bodies and their degrees of freedom considered of a railway coach for stability or comfort analysis?
What are rigid bodies and their degrees of freedom considered of a railway coach for stability or comfort analysis?
Search for SPERLING’S RIDE INDEX.
Horizontal motion is worse than vertical so sway and yaw are worse than pitch and bounce (if the level of acceleration is the same). The sperling index is based on accelerations, but is also frequency dependant, which means that jerk is kind of included in that way.Following
- Nico Burgelman added an answer:4In rail wheel interaction,how temperature plays an important role and what is its influence in calculation of stress?
In rail wheel interaction,how temperature plays an important role and what is its influence in calculation of stress?
The most important effect of temperature is on the pre-stress. Continuous welted rail is often designed to be stress-less at a temperature of 25-35 deg. So a lower temperature would mean the rail has a tensile stress while higher temperatures mean the rail has a compressive stress. This stress should added to the stresses caused by the wheel if one is to study stress related phenomena (RCF, plastic deformation, ...)Following
- 3How much can I move rails without moving the catenary?
We need to add a track to a current design.
I should say : a translation of about 5 cm will probably be all right.
In fact, you have to check that the catenary is still in the middle of the pantograph on the average and that it stays in the safe zone (in fact, that it doesn't go in too close to the extremities.) This has to be checked with the local catenary specialist and the rolling stock people.Following
- 9How can i improve railway track maintenance planning during emergency response? who has methods and models from other countries to share with me?
My focus is on the mean time to respond to corrective maintenance, ie, run to failure. I want to improve the mean time to respond to failures for corrective track maintenance planning to reduce disruption to passenger train services in railway industries.
How can the allocation of maintenance crews be formulated to reduce the total travel time of the maintenance teams?
How can frequent failure point on the track be identified and what should be done to assist the passengers during emergency failures?
Have you already checked the website of other railway infrastructure maintenance companies ? In the UK or US you could find some interesting information in English.Following
- Vincenzo Pasquale Giofré added an answer:4Does interdependencies exists between railway infrastructures sets (traction power,signalling,telecoms and track) for performing reliability analysis?
The electrified railway infrastructure set comprises of telecommunications, signalling, traction supply and the track. I intend to perform a reliability analysis on the railway infrastructure system which comprises infrastructure sets highlighted above as components. For me to complete this study I have to establish whether indeed an interdependence exists between all or some of the infrastructure sets (components) stated for the reliability analysis to be successful.
Does an interdependence exists? If so between which infrastructure sets?
A suggestion on articles that performed similar studies within the railway industry will also be of great use.
I agree with René Schönemann, I think it's a good wayFollowing
- Lars Schnieder added an answer:3What is the appropriate choice model for improving track maintenance scheduling?
i need to improve track maintenance scheduling to reduce train disruption/delay and I want to know if there is anyone who knows any appropriate choice model for this to be visible. Thanks...
You might be interested in the Automain project.
- Bayandy Sarsembayev added an answer:6What Railway Single or Multi - Train Performance Simulation models do you know?
Does anyone have complex Train Performance Simulation code for Single or Multi in MATLAB or other software packages?
- Lars Abrahamsson added an answer:25Anyone knows any software package able to simulate railway power systems?I need to know which are the commercial options for simulation of electrical railway networks, not for transient simulation but for electrical power flow analysis. Do any of these packages also simulate the train behavior?
Phew! Here it is - finally?Following
- Dragan Djordjevic added an answer:4Can someone advise on a Fuzzy approach with incorporation in the PROMETHEE multicriteria method?A fuzzy in the PROMETHEE
thank you for reply. At the moment I am out of this work and need sometime to get in again. But if it is no problem I will contact you latter?
- Jason Wen-chieh Cheng added an answer:2Is there any other software except Oasys XDisp by which I can do tunnel analysis based on semi-empirical methods?
I am currently working on my research on tunnel analysis based on semi-empirical models. So far I have only come across Oasys XDisp but I am looking to an option of any other package which works on the same principles.
I think you can only use Oasys XDisp to carry out the static analysis of ground deformation induced by tunneling process. If you want to know the seismic response of a tunnel then probably you should use PLAXIS or other commercial packages.Following
- Boot-Handford Nick asked a question:OpenCan anyone suggest a method for cleaning air handling unit coils in a space limited and time restricted was that would be suitable for a railway?
The method would need to be self contained and could not involve setting up significant apparatus or equipment. Anything used would need to conform to railway regulations. The coils are mainly blocked with dust and fibre from a railway application.Following
- Bayandy Sarsembayev asked a question:OpenDoes anyone know research about control storage device for electric rail vehicle?
Can you suggest me some review paper or simulation models about this topic? Thanks in advance.Following
- Ahmed Abdelraheem Farghaly added an answer:6Down rail way lines Why is soil and slopes are not affected by the seismic effects of trains movement?
I would like to express my deep thanks for your cooperation
- Ismail isa Danfillo added an answer:4Can I use fastsim algorithm to find the forces acting on a number of points from the contact patch (wheel rail contact)?
can i use fastsim algorithm to find the forces acting on a number of points from the contact patch (wheel rail contact)? also i need help on how to write the matlab programme
thank you all so much for your help...i really appreciate. i have solved my problem now.
- 1What is the best train load model to be used as input load for analysis?
what is best formula to model the train load in time domain to be used as input load for analysis?
Hi Dr Maher,
There is too many ways to calculate the load for a train model
all depends on the train type( passenger or freight )
* the European standard mention that the standard freight load for example is 22.5 ton/axle
* you should first know the bogie weight and carbody weight then you can directly find the total payload of the train
total Payload= Maximum required load - carbody weight -bogies weight
if you can tell me the application I can provide more information
- 2What is the influence of rail wheel conicity on ride comfort of railway vehicle?
What is the influence of rail wheel conicity on ride comfort of railway vehicle?
you can also see these
** The Relationship between Contact Angle Difference and Equivalent Conicity of High-speed EMU ( By: Zhang, Zhi Bo; Wu, Ping Bo; Luo, Ren; et al. )
**The Comparative Analysis of Calculating the Equivalent Conicity Methods in Vehicles of Mechanical Engineering ( By: Lin, Fengtao; Wang, Yue Ming; Dong, Xiaoqing))Following
- 5How can we see the numerical equation that can be developed in Adams/Rail or car?
How can we see the numerical equation that can be developed in Adams/Rail or car?
Hope that my PhD help
- Samiul Hasan added an answer:3Can someone point me towards Optimization Research for Train Operation Scheme for Urban Rail Transit Considering train formation?
Recently, I am working on the field of rain operation scheme for urban rail transit , considering train formation(train has 4 cars or 6 cars ,and so on) .But I can not find the previous research about this.
Anyone know the related article can recommend me.
I'm waiting for your help.
Thanks very much! And best regard!!
This is the latest best work on this problem:
Just click view pdf link.
- 10Any advice on reliability analysis for railway track maintenance?
I am doing research on my Masters thesis on how i can improve maintenance management of the rail track using reliability analysis.I intend to perform a reliability analysis on the components that are found in the track and with that hope to establish components that can be prioritized during maintenance planning. Is this feasible ? ,if so what material would you recommend for me to read.I do not have any background in reliability engineering,but i have a solid background in Civil and Structural engineering.
There is a well known specialist at SNCF (French Railways) : Marc Antoni. He is on LinkedIn and has worked a lot on track maintenance. This can help.Following
- Abdou S.H. Ahmed added an answer:3Does anyone have a cad file of railway turnout?
In the name of god
Hi dear researchers
I need to a cad file of railway turnout with following characteristics for my thesis. If someone knows a source, please tell me.
These links may be useful for you
- Szabolcs Fischer added an answer:9What is the maximum length of a train in your country ?
In France, the maximum length of a freight train is 750 meters, including the locomotive. The French nework is built with marshalling yards and passing sidings allowing this length. In Europe, this length is not the same everywhere: for instance a train going from Paris to Milano must be cut into two trains when it enters in Italy where the length is 550 m. Since 2012, the length of 850 m is allowed for some routes (Paris - Marseilles). Trials have been running successfully with trains of 1500 m.
Dragan Djordjevic is right. The maximum train lenght is 750 meters according to AGC.Following
- Richard Llewellyn added an answer:3Can anyone describe the positives and negatives of tilt technology in railway vehicles?
Can anyone describe the positives and negatives of tilt technology in railway vehicles in simple words?
For countries with relatively small loading gauges, such as the UK, there is also a further negative side effect in terms of vehicle design when tilt technology is included. This is for two reasons.
First, the tilt technology is installed under the floor, resulting in a higher floor level and a reduced saloon height within the coach. Secondly, the roof of the vehicle is tapered inwards further to avoid contact with passing structures. This results in reduced above seat luggage space and a lower passenger window height. In combination, some consider these factors to have a negative impact on overall passenger comfort and satisfaction.
An example of these reduced dimensions can be seen on the Class 390 Pendolino trains which operate on the West Coast Mainline in the UK.Following
- Francesco Castellani asked a question:OpenEstimated monetary damage from floods: Stage-Damage Curves or Fragility Curves for Railroads?
I am enquiring since, perhaps, someone is aware of either:
- An empirical equation/model used to assess the damage caused to railroads (both metro and long-distance tracks) by flooding water depths;
- A set of Fragility Curves applied to railroads where damage is assessed as a result of urban flooding instead of seismic phenomena.
All this with strict reference to urban environments.
Thank you very much,