Science topics: New Orleans
New Orleans - Science topic
New Orleans are city in Orleans Parish (county), largest city in state of LOUISIANA. It is located between the Mississippi River and Lake Pontchartrain.
Questions related to New Orleans
I am trying to look at US securities over a period of fifty years in the Nineteenth century of two markets-- Boston and New orleans, am looking for variables that I can proxy for state GDP.
Erythropoietin (EPO) is produced by various cells in the brain such as astrocytes, neurons and also pericytes. Important restorative functions have been reported in preclinical Alzheimer's, stroke and Ataxia SCA2 (1-14). But until now its regulatory and control mechanisms have not been sufficiently studied.
In our opinion, deepening in this direction can offer new therapeutic and preventive possibilities against neurodegenerative diseases.
- J. C. García Rodríguez and Iliana Sosa Testé. The nasal Route as a Potential Pathway for Delivery of Erythropoietin in the treatment of Acute Ischemic Stroke in Humans. (2009) TheScientificWorldJOUNAL 9,970-981. Review
- Luis Velázquez-Pérez, Roberto Rodríguez-Labrada, Julio Cesar García-Rodríguez, Luis Enrique Almaguer-Mederos,Tania Cruz-Mariño, José Miguel Laffita-Mesa. A Comprehensive Review of Spinocerebellar Ataxia Type 2 in Cuba. Cerebellum DOI 10.1007/s12311-011-0265-2, pp1220-32, 4, 2012.
- Julio Cesar García Rodríguez. Editor: Acute Ischemic Stroke. ISBN 978-953-307-983-7. Intench Open Access Publisher 12 Charts. 1-236 pp. 2012.
- Ramón Rama Bretón and Julio César García Rodríguez. Excitotoxicity and Oxidative Stress in Acute Ischemic Stroke Chart 2. 29-58 pp. In Acute Ischemic Stroke. Editor, Julio César García Rodríguez. ISBN 978-953-307-983-7. Intench Open Access Publisher, 2012.
- Julio César García Rodríguez and Ramón Rama Bretón. Neuro-EPO by Nasal Route as a Neuroprotective Therapy in Brain Ischemia. Chart 3. 59-78 pp. In Acute Ischemic Stroke. Editor Julio César García Rodríguez. ISBN 978-953-307-983-7. Intench Open Access Publisher, 2012.
- Ileana Sosa Teste1, Yuneidys Mengana Tamos, Yamila Rodríguez Cruz, Adriana Muñoz Cernuda, Janette Cruz Rodríguez, Nelvis Subirós Martínez, Rosa Maria Coro Antich, Alina González-Quevedo, Julio Cesar García Rodríguez. Dose effect evaluation and therapeutic window of the Neuro-EPO nasal application for the treatment of the focal ischemia model in the Mongolian gerbil. TheScientificWorldJOURNAL, Volume 2012, Article ID 607498, 12 pages doi: 10,1100/2012/607498.
- Julio César García-Rodríguez and Yamila Rodríguez-Cruz The Therapeutic Potential of Neuro-EPO Administered Nasally on Acute Cerebrovascular Disease. Current Psychopharmacology, 2012, 1, 3; 228-232.
- Alicia Lagarto Parra and Julio César García Rodríguez. Nasal Neuro EPO could ba a Reliable Choice for Neuroprotective Stroke Treatment. Central Nervous System Agent in Medicinal Chemistry, 2012, 12, 60-68.
- Ramaroson A, Lucie D, García Rodríguez JC, Gil del Valle L, Guevara García M, Simard G, Sololeti R, Su D, Velasquez-Pérez L, Wilson J, Laher I. System Biology of Antioxidants. Clinical Science 2012, 123, 173-192
- Maurice T, Mustapha MH, De La C García-Barceló M, Rodriguez Cruz Y, Garcia Rodriguez JC (2012). Intraperitoneal and intranasal formulations of erythropoietin (EPO) showed potent protective activity against amyloid toxicity in the oligomeric Aβ25-35 nontransgenic mouse model of Alzheimer's disease. Program No. 851.11. 2012 Neuroscience Meeting Planner. New Orleans, LA: Society for Neuroscience, 2012. Online.
- Tangui Maurice, Muhammad-Hariri Mustafa, Catherine Desrumaux, Emeline Keller, Gaëlle Naert, María de la C García-Barceló5, Yamila Rodríguez Cruz5 and Julío César Garcia Rodríguez. (2013) Intranasal formulation of erythropoietin (EPO) showed potent protective activity against amyloid toxicity in the A β25-35 non-transgenic mouse model of Alzheimer’s disease. Journal of Psychopharmacology 3(2018) 1 –14.
12. Adriana Muñoz-Cernada, Mirna Fernández-Cervera, Julio César García-Rodríguez. Factors involved in the design of nasal delivery systems for peptides and proteins. Biotecnología Aplicada 2013;30:88-96.
13. Muñoz-Cernada, A Z. Pardo-Ruiz, V.Montero-Alejo,1 M. Fernández-Cervera, I. Sosa-Testé, and J. C. García-Rodríguez. (2013) Effect of Nonionic Surfactants and HPMC F4M on the Development of Formulations of Neuro-EPO as a Neuroprotective Agent. ADVANCED PHARMACEUTICAL SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY ISSN NO: 2328-0182. Vol1; No1 Pag1-13
14. Patente de NeuroEPO concedida en México. Solicitud Mexicana de Patente No. MX/a/2008/000997; Su referencia: 2/2008; Nuestra referencia: LEX-2180.
15. A. Muñoz-Cernada, J. Cardentey-Fernández, Z. Pardo-Ruiz, D. Díaz-Sánchez, V. Montero,i. Sosa-Testé, M. Fernández-Cervera, J.C. García-Rodríguez, and D. Amaro-González. Physicochemical and biological evaluation of bioadhesive polymers for the development of intranasal low sialic acid erythropoietin formulations. Bio Processing Journal. Spring 2014, pag. 1-8.
I'm suppose to be writing a paper on this but I can't come up with something that sticks. I though about "Does corruption in government affect the preparation in natural disasters." Apparently it was broad and don't really know how to not make it sound so broad. I thought about involving New Orleans Hurricane and corruption but don't know how to come up with a good question for that. Or maybe Island nations natural disasters and Corruption but same result. Sorry I babble too much. Any Advice?