Leaving the definition aside at this moment, let us focus on the factors which make one have a higher Humanity Quotient. Briefly,
(1) How do we look at the world? Do we identify with a certain belief, religion, nation, region, skin color, language, gender, community, organization, caste, village, street, physical ability, mental ability, etc etc; and at each of those levels do we feel superior than others in the same category? Do we hate others who are inferior according to us? Do we want to harm those others?
(2) How likely am I to hurt another human being for a certain reason or without any reason?
(3) How much do I love humanity? How much do I love people irrespective of their religion, nationality, skin color, language, gender, sexual orientation, etc. etc.?
(4) How much am I willing to suffer for the benefit of other human beings, irrespective of their religion, nationality, skin color, language, etc. etc.? Do I have compassion for those others?
(5) How do we feel about nature, animals and our common human heritage? Do we like to contribute to the preservation of these?
(6) How much are we open to listen to ideas which are different from ours? Are we likely to hate people who hold different opinions? Do we want to harm or punish people who have ideas which are different, opposite, contrasting, foolish, inappropriate, unimportant etc according to us?
Based on these criteria, try to rate on a scale of 1 to 10, people like Buddha, Jesus, Einstein, Gandhi, Mother Teresa, or any of your personal heroes, idols, religious figures etc.
Also, try to rate people like Hitler, or any of those cruel people we have seen in history, or our current politicians and business leaders.
And than compare where you stand on that scale.
What if our countries, companies, universities, offices, etc were run by people like Buddha, Jesus and Mother Teresa? Wouldn't our world be very different?
Narcissists, bigots, people with divisive ideologies, cruel people, will always have a very low score on a HQ scale, irrespective of their IQ or EQ or whatever. Historically, those are the people who create problems in this world. On the contrary, only people with a high HQ can bring people together, can make this world a better place.