- Pradeep Moudgil added an answer:6Is there any relationship between BOD (Biochemnical oxygen demand), COD (chemical oxygen demand), SS & conductivity in the water analysis parameter?We want to find the link between the Water treatment parameters, may be software or it can be a graphical relation.
i had very little knowledge about regression analysis, will check and work on it....
Thanks have nice dayFollowing
- 8How can I run GEOS-Chem for 1990 using GEOS-4 data and 2010 using GEOS-5 data so that the output is comparable?
I am running a long time series simulation with GEOS-Chem starting in 1986 and running to the present day. How can I make the simulations directly comparable when some years are forced with GEOS-4, GEOS-5 and current GEOS data? It seems like there is a step change in the emissions input data between GEOS-4 and GEOS-5 (See attached image of global mean NOx from 1986-2010).
Good Morning. I attach the link for you. Regards Ariadne TsambaniFollowing
- Sara Kaffashi added an answer:2Out of sample prediction test in Limdep/Nlogit?
Does anyone know how to estimate out of sample prediction power of RPL or latent class model in Limdep/Nlogit? I thought to divide my sample to 80% and 20% of overall sample and then estimate the model for the first half and use the estimated coefficients for the second half. However, I ‘m not sure how to make Nlogit to do it. BTW can I use ; Prlist command?
Thank you in advance
Thank you AriadneFollowing
- 1What is the minimum and optimal hardware requirement for running CAMx?
For example, if I want to run it for continental North American scale with 36km, 12km, and 4km grid resolution, what would be the minimum and optimal hardware requirement for a day/a week simulation (considering reasonable time)? Thanks for any information!
Good Evening. Please find attach the link
.Regards Ariadne TsambaliFollowing
- 1Does anyone know How can i use CBC analayzer? (step by step) like input data format and ...?
Does anyone know How can i use CBC analayzer? (step by step) Does anyone know How can i use CBC analayzer? (step by step) like input data format and ...?
Hi!Please found attach the following. Regards Ariadne TsambaniFollowing
- Naveen Kalra added an answer:5How does soil quality index can be linked with pedological information of soils?
Like to know how best soil profile data can be used for soil quality index assessment
Dr Vasu, i agree with you but if you take the profile it becomes difficult to handle operational platform, no doubt the soil profile gives a total insight, you very well know even now we do not have datasets for moisture retention/release / transmission characteristics on higher resolution, may be for some selected series we have the values
- Hugo Asselin added an answer:2Is there a French version of the Environmental Distress Scale?
The Environmental Distress Scale (EDS) was elaborated by Australian researchers, and subsequently used in various countries and settings. Is anyone aware of a French version of the EDS?
Savez-vous s'il existe une version française de l'EDS?
Nick Higginbotham et al. 2007. Validation of an Environmental Distress Scale. EcoHealth 3: 245-254.
Thanks. I didn't chose the topic(s). ResearchGate did so automatically. I didn't realize that topics were tagged to questions. I will try and edit this.Following
- Lazarus Chapungu added an answer:8Is there anyone with recent (less than 5 years) literature about Energy and the Environment, especially energy-environment nexus?
Any type of energy
Long time Prof Stigter and many thanks for that useful information. Lucio, the paper you shared helped a lot. Philip and Yagya, your contributions have been useful too. Many Thanks to you all.Following
- Ripu M. Kunwar added an answer:5How to assess ecological impact of longterm conservation initiatives in mountain ecosystems? Are there specific attributes that to be considered?
Since 1986, continuous efforts have been made in Annapurna Conservation Area for the conservation and development of the area. Therefore, it is important to assess/examine the implication of long term conservation efforts on ecological aspects of the biologically significant mountain ecosystems of Annapurna Conservation Area.
Hello Shyam Ji,
I believe you can assess the land use/cover change over time by using NDVI and LAI. It helps you see the change in vegetation overtime which might be a better indicator of ecological impact. Secondly, you can do field sampling and inventory the indicator species. You can compare your field report with the Baseline/benchmark study of ACAP that was carried out in eighties. You can see the changes in watershed and its catchment overtime. Change in diversity and distribution of selected wildlife may account the ecological impact and you can legitimate the impact by consulting participatory information and referring early literature. Triangulation of GIS/RS data, participatory information and your field level primary data would be one potential analysis protocol for your interest.Following
- Jack Payette added an answer:5How can I create an annual trend for chlorophyll a concentration for a coastal location, if availability of data is as stated below?
1. Chlorophyll a concentration at three sampling points of a study coastal location. (The distance between sampling locations from coast varies between 10 - 25 km).
2. Chlorophyll a concentration taken on one day of different months in a year but one season.
(For instance, for year 2002 taken on 12-3-2002 and for year 2003 taken on 14-2-2003)
3. Chlorophyll a measured at 3 depth levels.
If data availability is in above mentioned manner, can we prepare annual time series for the study location? how?
I would recommend Cloern and Jassby's 'wq' package in R for data analysis of chlorophyll a seasonal and interannual patterns.Following
- Rahib Hussain added an answer:15Can I use the contamination factor and ecological risk factor for water polluted by heavy metals?I am working on heavy metal pollution in water bodies and particularly concerned with surface water and the fauna. Therefore, I want to know if these two factors will be applicable in water studies as I am not at all concerned with the sediments. If yes, then what will be the pre-industrial reference values for water ?
if you want more work on these heavy metals so i am expert of all geostatistcal and bio-statistical analysis. contact on my personal email i will help you.Following
- A.O. Olarinmoye added an answer:7Can FTA classic cards be used for the field sampling and long term preservation of RNA viruses?
I wish to know if anyone has experience with the use of FTA cards for the collection, safe transport, and preservation of rabies samples.
Many thanks, Haytham, Jacinta and Andre.Following
- Arifin Sandhi added an answer:3How do we figure out the heavy metal accumulating skills by a plant species?
Plants often bio-accumulate metals present in the ambient soil upon which they are nursing. What can be the basic techniques adopted to figure out, whether a plant species accumulates metals, and if so to what extent?
Most of the plant species accumulate a certain level of metals in their body, depends on the plant type and their capacity there mainly accumulator and hyperaccumulator plant species are available in the environment. Now, if you want to find out, which plant species then you need to run a toxicity test and make a dose-response curve from it.
step 1: you have to choose which plant species are using and heavy metal or metalloid kind
step 2: then start a toxicity test with different concentration of heavy metals on same number of plant species.
step 3: analysis heavy metal content in the plant and soil both. and check the bioavailability of the metal to the plants and compare it with other publications.
step 4: then you can come which type of plant species is that; like hyperacccumulator or accumulator plant species.Following
- Mark Krause added an answer:11Can someone suggest a method of Triethylamine Analysis by GC with ZB 624 phase or DB 624?
We want to check Triethylamine in effluents where TEA is as residual solvent.
Generally method on ZB 5 is available but i want on 624.
You can run it on a 624-type phase. it will tail, but it is relatively reproducible. Make sure you base deactivate your injection port - the easy way to accomplish that is to inject several high-level TEA standards.
We've run it directly in water (direct water injection); works fine. I notice that you don't list your detector. Make sure your detector will actually detect the TEA at the level you need.Following
- Gabriel twumasi ankamah added an answer:8What are the land management and environmental factors that must be considered in site selection for Abattoir construction in sub saharan Africa?An ongoing study on the location of abattoirs in selected towns in West and Central Africa shows a pattern of locating them adjacent to creeks and other water bodies for ease in the discharge of the meat production waste, mostly untreated, into receiving water bodies. This is a serious land management and health issue.
Air quality, Water contamination and Pollution, Impact on underground water, Soil contamination, Displacement of floral and fauna species, SOPs,Following
- Zhenfang Dong added an answer:7Does anyone have experience with electrochemical preconcentration of tritium in water?
I would like to preconcentrate tritium in water samples in a electrochemical cell to improve MDA.
Iron anode with nickel cathode,1000ml-->10ml,~85% Recovery.reproducible,patch cell ,parallel.Following
- Alfonso Nebra added an answer:1Negative value in SIMPER test?
can anybody please tell me what is the value (-0.157) next titanium concentration in my soil sample means?
I am familiar with SIMPER procedure for community analysis, I never used it for environmental data; nevertheless, I have tried to perform the analysis for my environmental data using the euclidean distance and, the only conclusion is that the average values for my variables were very close to 0 (but never achieved negative values) when the variable has little or none discriminatory power among compared groups.Following
- Sanjay Kumar Gupta added an answer:12When do I have to analyze physical and chemical parameters of artificially contaminated soil? How do I contaminate artificially the soil sample?
doing project on remediation of contaminated soil with recovery of heavy metals.so planning to contaminate a sample artificially with heavy metals.
Simple spiking of the sample will serve the purpose. You can assess the contamination level first and physicochemical parameters of interest. Then spike the samples with know conc of the selected contaminants and study the changes in physico-chemical parameters and vice versa.Following
- Gino OLIVE added an answer:29Over what time scale can we expect to store carbon through irrigation and photosynthesis in arid land?
I strongly think and hope very large scale desalination of sea water to irrigate arid zone is the second way to fight against global warming and its consequences as rise in sea level and accelerated desertification of arid.
Of course, the first is the sustainable behavior; desalination might be performed and funded by ecological means.
In a previous discussion :
Pr K. M.Towe said :"There is no way for "photosynthesis" to "pay" for it's subsequent LONG TERM microorganisms aerobic recycling". I must specify : recycling humans, animals and plants carbon. I wonder how is it possible reforestation would not have any significant effect on carbon footprint and over what time period photosynthesis is much greater than the aerobic respiration of microorganisms.
If respiration of microorganisms always prevailed over that of plants, a long time ago we would have no more oxygen. Do the rainforests have a negative balance sheet of oxygen/carbon?
At a rate of two dollars per cubic meter of desalinated water, what would be carbon foot print over several years of a cubic meters of desalted water in arid and sunny area? That is the question?
Finally I am not the only one to propose to make fertile land:
Soil degradation threatens 40% of land
Thanks to plants and living organisms, soils contain two to three times more carbon than the atmosphere. Carbon-rich soil organic matter is essential: it retains the water, nitrogen and phosphorus that are indispensable to agriculture. But alternating phases of drought and intense rainfall accentuate erosive phenomena. In the long term, almost 30 million hectares of arable land could be lost every ten years.Following
- Anand Dev Gupta added an answer:5Has any country established TEC+CTC&N+GCF nationally – to link with UNFCCC?
The Technology Mechanism and Financial Mechanism under the UNFCCC: suggests: the Technology Executive Committee (TEC) and the Climate Technology Centre and Network (CTC&N) Plus Green Climate Fund (GCF).
Has any country established TEC+CTC&N+GCF nationally – to link with UNFCCC?
- Andrzej Orlowski added an answer:8Can anyone comment on this map made by me presenting increased likelihood of methane in the southern Baltic?
The map is calculated on the basis of acoustic observations of the methane expulsions and correlated type of the seabed - the chart of the most probable zones of methane presence was calculated by me for the southern Baltic Sea. The methane area is well correlated with deeper stagnation areas.
New fig. The Methan expulsion from the baltic seabed observed at the echogram.
More details in:
Acoustic Tracking Dynamic Phenomena in Marine Ecosystem
BOOK in LECTURE NOTES IN ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING 146 · JANUARY 2012 with 8 READS
Impact Factor: 0.11 · DOI: 10.1007/978-3-642-27638-5_13
Publisher: Springer, Editor: S. C. Mukhopadhyay, ISBN: 978-3-642-27637-8
thanks Jan Schulz. The area is indicating the horizontal range of methane ebulitions, based on acoustic observations and measurements of the sebed properties. The area can be correlated with the small dynamics of the currents and correlated very soft sediments. Generally it is indicating the deposits of the decomposition of materials produced due to increase of the eurtophisation.Following
- Mark Yuschak added an answer:3Can someone advise the detail of grease collection system for a Grease trap?
Can anybody write me or send me the details of automatic collection system for a grease trap. We constructed a 20 m3 grease trap for a restaurant and predict a manual collection system for collection of the grease by PVC, half-open tube with a manual arm that by returning the arm grease flow to the reservation tank. off-course this system do not require energy, but if there is a device that can be work automatic may be prefer, If you have any experience in this work, please do not hesitate to transfer your experience.
Take a look at the links below...should be helpful
- Marcel Balçık added an answer:3Why the amounts adsorbed of polar gas such as carbon dioxide in MOFs for the experimental measurements are significantly higher than the simulations?
Sometimes, the amount adsorbed of polar gas such as carbon dioxide in MOFs for the experimental measurements are significantly higher than the simulations, Do you know why? Note that the MOF in this case is not open metal.
Yes, and thats probably because CO2 is the only gas among them that cause swelling.Following
- Shabana Khan added an answer:5FLASH EA 1112 series CHNS analyzer was used for determination of CHN for certain soil samples. How can the results be interpreted in terms of mg/kg?
The results of the soil samples were expressed in percentage and amount of sample was specified. For example 2 mg of soil the % N and % C was 0.6 and 5 respectively.
For 2 mg of soil = 5% C then for 1000 mg of soil = 2500 mg C
Kindly suggest if the above direct proportion is correct or is there any instrumental software which calculates for the 1 g of soil as the sample quantity used in the analysis was actually 2 mg.
how can the same results be converted in terms of mg/kg.
Thanks for the valuable suggestion.Following
- Sara Lebid added an answer:5Where, please, could we find climatologic evolution models ?
Concernnig our region, southwestern Mediterranean Sea, in a previous work we've done we've found that the mean temperature has raised by 2 Celsius degrees, but it seems that it is not conform with the rest of the scientific literature.
According to the gathered data, we've obtained a numerical model developed by interpolation and the trend is to a significant increase in the average temperature pushed mainly by the minimal ones, when the maximal remain relatively stable, in a duration of 30 years. Are there other models that gave same or different results ?
Thank you very much for your very valuable cooperation. Our region is northwest Africa just towards the Alboran Sea in front of Andalusia in Spain, close to the Moroccan border. We suffer a typical Mediterranean semi-arid climate moderated with the altitude. Our data were given by the local meteorological office and concern a period of 96 years from 1918 till nowadays.Following
- Andrey A. Kovalchuk added an answer:1Is there a recent specific universal primer for Eukaryotics species or protozoan which resides on the oily polluted areas?
i want find out the relationship between the ones that was found in oily polluted areas with the one of thee protozoan that i have in our lab that i used for bio-remediation studies.
it seems to me that I understand what you want. Special key for this type of species does'nt exist. The question is the very poor studied, but practical importance is high. Many years ago I was arranged for such problem in Russian Sybiria, as there oil wells smtms had destroying environment for several years. But in this area biological purification mainly not effective due to low temperature over the year.
You should try to identify your species even to Phylum, or better give us some photos. RG is inhabited with a lot of perfect taxonomist. If not me, somebody will help you, but you should precise your question.
- Muthukrishnavellaisamy Kumarasamy added an answer:6How much artificial aeration may be effective on reaeration rate (Ka) of rivers?
How much artificial aeration methods, such as constructing cascades or weirs, using mechanical aerators, floated plants, or pumping out and discharging again the water, can increase the rearation rate (Ka) of rivers? Is there any practical case study pointing to this fact?
I know that this depends on various parameters, and I dont need the aeration potential of these methods. I am really looking forward to any literature, case study or report that directly shows Ka is changed from X to Y in rivers.Following
- Ruediger Burkhard Richter added an answer:8What soil tests and improvement techniques can be done to study the feasibility of construction on former landfill areas?
we have come up with the research topic, to see feasibility of construction in a former landfill areas. our focus here is to study the effect of waste on the soil parameters and what ground improvement techniques can be applied for better construction. we are stuck with how to go about the project, what soil tests are required, how many tests needed to be done and what areas of the topic can be covered during a period of 6 months.
Next to tests with regard to ground improvement requirements, you also may even have chemo-toxic and radiotoxic impacts. - Core drilling samples down to the next load-bearing layer and a sectional analysis (maybe every meter) could be quite helpful at the beginning and also to make sure, that you are not creating a new "Love Canal" in your country. http://library.buffalo.edu/lovecanalFollowing
- Emilio Ramirez-Juidias added an answer:2Is it possible to use method of WGEB (markov chain) for downscaling rainfall and change factor for temperature?
I would like to know if I can use both of these methods (WEGN) for downscaling rainfall and change factor for temperature in the same project.
The answer is yes, it is posible. In the link below you can see the method in a recent paper:
- Brahm Pal Singh added an answer:13The Saraswati kup water in Allahabad has EC- 2230 with K , NO3, PO4,Ganga & Yamuna EC- 470 -720 only. Is it a Saraswati Palaeochannel?
The Saraswati kup water in Allahabad has EC- 2230 with K , NO3, PO4,Ganga & Yamuna EC- 470 -720 only. Is it a Saraswati Palaeochannel?
Three to five times conductivity increase/change at such a short span of distance seems to be unnatural. It may be nice to elaborate the adopted EC measurement procedure such as EC measured values with respect to measurement location, measurement time and measurement number of times of EC. In case, such a variation in EC is consistant then it would be nice to find the cause of increased EC. A reliable source of measurement for a span of time interval only could/would lead to any conclusion. Otherwise until than the topic may remain just good and interesting for indefinite discussion. Warm regards,Following
About Environmental Analysis
Environmental analysis is the use of analytical chemistry and other techniques to study the environment. The purpose of this is commonly to monitor and study levels of pollutants in the atmosphere, rivers and other specific settings.