Publications (10)5.07 Total impact
- [Show abstract] [Hide abstract] ABSTRACT: It is investigated the effect of mutual rectification of alternating currents, induced by an electric field of two uniformly polarized electromagnetic waves with different frequencies in two-dimensional superlattice with non-additive energy spectrum under the influence of a constant transverse electric field. The possibility of control of constant component of electric current (amplification, change of sign, suppression) by the transverse electric field is shown. The abilities of the practical use of the results are discussed.
- [Show abstract] [Hide abstract] ABSTRACT: An appearance of a direct current perpendicularly to a constant component of an electric field in material with Rashba Hamiltonian under the influence of an elliptically polarized wave is investigated in one-subband approximation. On its physical nature this effect is close to a circular photogalvanic effect (CPGE) on intraband transitions. The effect is studied on the base of two approaches: investigations of Boltzmann kinetic equation in a constant collision frequency approximation and semiclassical Monte Carlo simulations, which immediately takes into account microscopic processes of charge carriers scattering on optical and acoustical phonons. Monte Carlo modelling allows us to determine a mean relaxation time and its dependencies on electric field strengths and on the energy of optical phonons. On the base of these estimations a possibility of using a constant relaxation time approximation is justified. It is confirmed that the main contribution to the effects of transverse rectification is made by inelastic scattering of electrons on optical phonons. A comparison of results of Monte Carlo simulations and calculations on the base of a constant collision frequency approximation is presented.
- [Show abstract] [Hide abstract] ABSTRACT: Quasienergy spectrum of the 2D electron gas with Rashba interaction under the influence of high-frequency electromagnetic wave polarized elliptically was obtained. Splitting of energy subbands in the material at the presence of high-frequency laser radiation was revealed. Magnetoconductivity as function of wave intensity was calculated. Conductivity of 2D electron gas was shown to have minimum at the certain values of amplitude of high-frequency electric field.
- [Show abstract] [Hide abstract] ABSTRACT: For graphene placed in a dc magnetic field and exposed to two electromagnetic waves of the same polarization but different frequencies, an expression for the direct current density in a direction perpendicular to the polarization plane of the waves is derived. The direct current component is nonzero for the wave frequency ratio equal to two; it is proportional to the magnetic field strength, the electric field strength of the higher-frequency wave, and the squared electric field strength of the lower-frequency wave. The physical mechanism of the current generation is similar to the Hall effect.
- [Show abstract] [Hide abstract] ABSTRACT: The possibility of cyclotron echo generation in graphene on a silicon carbide substrate has been predicted on the basis of the direct quasi-classical Monte Carlo simulation. The nature of this effect is the quasi-relativistic dependence of the effective mass of charge carriers on their velocity. The numerical values of the field strengths at which the effect should be most pronounced are found.
- [Show abstract] [Hide abstract] ABSTRACT: Induction of direct current in graphene by a pair of electromagnetic waves with different frequencies and mutually perpendicular polarization planes affecting its surface is described by solving the quantum kinetic equation. It is shown that the major contribution to the constant component of the current comes from inelastic scattering of charge carriers.
- [Show abstract] [Hide abstract] ABSTRACT: A model for energy spectrum of superlattice on the base of graphene placed on the striped dielectric substrate is proposed. A direct current component which appears in that structure perpendicularly to pulling electric field under the influence of elliptically polarized electromagnetic wave was derived. A transverse current density dependence on pulling field magnitude and on magnitude of component of elliptically polarized wave directed along the axis of a superlattice is analyzed.
- [Show abstract] [Hide abstract] ABSTRACT: The direct component of the electric current induced in graphene placed in a constant magnetic field has been found in the case where two electromagnetic waves with two mutually perpendicular planes of polarization are normally incident on the surface of the sample. It has been demonstrated that the direct component of the current along the direction of the electric field vector of the wave with the frequency ω1 arises only when the ratio between the frequencies of the incident waves is ω1/ω2 = 2 or 1/2. In the latter case, the direct current component appears only in the presence of a magnetic field.
- [Show abstract] [Hide abstract] ABSTRACT: The effect of direct current component appearance in material with non-additive energy spectrum in the case when two electromagnetic waves with mutually transverse planes of polarization are incident normally on the surface of the sample is studied on the base of analysis of quantum kinetic equation. The cases of electron scattering on optical and acoustic phonons are considered. The first non-vanishing approximation by electromagnetic waves field strengths is obtained. It is shown that in concerned situation the decisive condition of direct current appearance is sufficient inelasticity of scattering.
- [Show abstract] [Hide abstract] ABSTRACT: The problem concerning the mutual influence of two electromagnetic waves of different frequencies with the electric field vectors directed perpendicularly to each other on the charge carriers in graphene on a SiC substrate has been solved. The possibility of generating a direct component in the electric current has been analyzed. It has been shown that the direct current is generated only in the case where the ratio between the frequencies of incident waves is equal to 2. Dependences of the current on the phase shift between the incident waves and on the temperature have been obtained.
Volgograd State Pedagogical UniversityZarizyn, Volgograd, Russia