- [Show abstract] ABSTRACT: SAR studies for novel non-imidazole containing H(3) receptor antagonists with high potency and selectivity for rat H(3) receptors are described. A high throughput screening lead, A-923, was further elaborated in a systematic manner to clarify a pharmacophore for this class of aryloxyalkyl piperazine based compounds.
- [Show abstract] ABSTRACT: Structure-activity relationship studies on novel non-imidazole, D-amino acid containing ligands of histamine 3 receptors are presented. A-304121 is a D-alanine piperazine amide with high affinity at the rat H(3) receptor.
- [Show abstract] ABSTRACT: The synthesis and biological evaluation of novel antagonists of the rat H-3 receptor are described. These compounds differ from prototypical H-3 antagonists in that they do not contain an imidazole moiety, but rather a substituted aminopyrrolidine moiety. A systematic modification of the substituents on the aminopyrrolidine ring was performed using pre-formatted precursor sets, where applicable, to afford several compounds with high affinity and selectivity for the H-3 receptor. (C) 2002 Published by Elsevier Science Ltd.
- [Show abstract] ABSTRACT: Biaryl nitrile amines were prepared and found to have high affinity and selectivity for human and rat histamine H(3) receptors.
- [Show abstract] ABSTRACT: For Abstract see ChemInform Abstract in Full Text.
- [Show abstract] ABSTRACT: Novel 4'-[(NR1R2-1-yl)]-propoxy-biaryl-4-carboxamides were designed and synthesized. All compounds were tested for affinity at histamine H(3)receptors. Most compounds were highly potent and selective for human and rat H(3) receptors and selected examples such as A-349821 showed functional antagonism of H(3) receptors in vitro and in a mouse dipsogenia model.
- [Show abstract] ABSTRACT: Structure-activity relationships of homopiperazine-containing alkoxybiaryl nitriles employing various D-amino acid moieties and their N-furanoyl analogues were undertaken. This led to A-320436, a potent and selective non-imidazole H(3)-receptor antagonist possessing balanced affinity for both rat and human H(3)-receptors. This compound was shown to demonstrate in vitro and in vivo functional antagonism and is non-neurotoxic at doses (i.p.) up to 163 mg/kg in a general observation test.