Ji-Hyun Park

Kyungpook National University, Daikyū, Daegu, South Korea

Are you Ji-Hyun Park?

Claim your profile

Publications (3)0.85 Total impact

  • Source
    [Show abstract] [Hide abstract]
    ABSTRACT: In this study, we evaluated the effect of bimodal hearing in the speech perception test and the increasing level of bimodal hearing over cochlear implantation in speech perception score regarding residual hearing.
    Preview · Article · Jan 2009
  • Source
    Jun-Young Heo · Kyu-Yup Lee · Ji-Hyun Park · Sang-Heun Lee
    [Show abstract] [Hide abstract]
    ABSTRACT: Osteogenesis imperfecta is a systemic heritable disorder of connective tissues with the predominant manifestation of spontaneous bone fractures. It features an abnormal biosynthesis of collagen with the formation of pathologic, immature collagen, resulting in a triad of brittle bones, blue sclera and hearing impairment. A 39-year-old woman with osteogenesis imperfecta began noticing hearing loss as a teenager. At the time of her presentation, she was aided by a hearing aid, which she had been using for 25 years but had not been benefited from. Her temporal CT shows severe otospongiosis, with radiolucent bone surrounding the cochlea. The patient underwent cochlear implantation to her left ear with no postoperative complication. She has obtained significant hearing improvement after the cochlear implantation. Cochlear implantation in cases of osteogenesis imperfecta with otospongiosis appears to be extremely rare and we present this case with a review of the related literature.
    Preview · Article · Jan 2009
  • Source
    [Show abstract] [Hide abstract]
    ABSTRACT: Nasal septal perforation is an anatomic defect of the cartilaginous and bone tissues of the nasal septum. Many approaches and techniques to repair nasal septal perforations have been reported on. The purpose of this paper is to report on our surgical technique and the results of the treatment for nasal septal perforations. From May 2001 to March 2008, 14 patients (12 males and 2 females; mean age: 41.3 yr) were enrolled. The mean perforation size was 15 mm, and all the perforations were located at the cartilaginous portion. Our surgical technique is based on an endoscope-assisted endonasal approach, with dissection of unilateral advanced mucosal flaps with using a temporalis fascia graft. The follow-up periods ranged from 3 to 23 months (mean follow-up period: 8 months). Using our surgical technique on 14 patients, 12 cases (85.7%) of septal perforation were closed without complication. The remaining two patients (14.3%) had incomplete closures (about 2-3 mm) without any significant symptoms related to the remaining perforation. Our technique is a viable procedure with a high success rate for achieving closure of nasal septal perforations. It has the advantages of shortening the operative time, no external incision and avoiding any other perforation during the operation. Therefore, we consider it to be a good alternative for repairing nasal septal perforations.
    Preview · Article · Oct 2008 · Clinical and Experimental Otorhinolaryngology