Publish with BioMed Central and every
scientist can read your work free of charge
"BioMed Central will be the most significant development for
disseminating the results of biomedical research in our lifetime."
Sir Paul Nurse, Cancer Research UK
Your research papers will be:
available free of charge to the entire biomedical community
peer reviewed and published immediately upon acceptance
cited in PubMed and archived on PubMed Central
yours — you keep the copyright
Submit your manuscript here:
Health and Quality of Life Outcomes 2007, 5:27 http://www.hqlo.com/content/5/1/27
Page 10 of 10
(page number not for citation purposes)
8. Arnold R, Ranchor AV, Sanderman R, Kempen GIJM, Ormel J, Suur-
meijer TPBM: The relative contribution of domains of quality
of life to overall quality of life for different chronic diseases.
Qual Life Res 2004, 13:883-896.
9. Wettergren L, Bjorkholm M, Axdorph U, Langius-Eklof A: Determi-
nants of health-related quality of life in long-term survivors
of Hodgkin's lymphoma. Qual Life Res 2004, 13:1369-1379.
10. Sousa KH, Holzemer WL, Henry SB, Slaughter R: Dimensions of
health-related quality of life in persons living with HIV dis-
ease. J Adv Nurs 1999, 29:178-187.
11. Kelli L, Heller DA, Ahern FM, Gold CH: Relationship of health-
related quality of life to health care utilization and mortality
among older adults. Aging Clin Exp Res 2002, 14:499-508.
12. Diener E: Subjective well-being. Psychol Bull 1984, 95:542-575.
13. Cummins RA: Normative Life Satisfaction: Measurement
Issues and a Homeostatic Model. Soc Ind Res 2003, 64:225-256.
14. Brief AP, Butcher AH, George JM, Link KE: Integrating bottom-up
and top-down theories of subjective well-being: The case of
health. J Pers Soc Psychol 1993, 64:646-653.
15. Lance CE, Mallard AG, Michalos AC: Tests of the causal direc-
tions of global-life facet satisfaction relationships. Soc Ind Res
16. Mathisen L, Hol PK, Lingaas PS, Lundblad R, Rein KA, Tonnessen TI,
Mork BE, Svennevig JL, Wahl AK, Hanestad BR, Fosse E: Patient
reported outcome after randomization to on-pump versus
off-pump coronary artery surgery. Ann Thorac Surg 2005,
17. Campeau L: Grading of angina pectoris. Circulation 1976,
18. Wahl AK, Rustoen T, Hanestad BR, Lerdal A, Moum T: Quality of
life in the general Norwegian population, measured by the
Quality of Life Scale (QOLS-N). Qual Life Res 2004,
19. Holmen J, Midthjell K: The North Trøndelag Survey 1984–86 Norwegian
Institute for Public Health (SIFF): Report no.4; 1990.
20. Burckhardt C, Anderson K: The Quality of Life Scale (QOLS):
Reliability, validity, and utilization. Health Qual Life Outcomes
21. Wahl A, Burckhardt C, Wiklund I, Hanestad BR: The Norwegian
version of the Quality of Life Scale (QOLS-N). Scand J Caring
Sci 1998, 12:215-222.
22. Loge JH, Kaasa S: Short form 36 (SF-36) health survey: norma-
tive data from the general Norwegian population. Scand J Soc
Med 1998, 26:250-258.
23. Ware JE, Snow KK, Kosinski M, Gandek B: SF-36 Health Survey: Man-
ual and interpretation guide Boston: The Health Institute; 1993.
24. Kline RB: Principles and practice of structural equation modeling 2nd edi-
tion. New York:Guilford; 2005.
25. Finkel SE: Causal analysis with panel data Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage;
26. Zapf D, Dormann C, Frese M: Longitudinal studies in organiza-
tional stress research: a review of the literature withrefer-
ence to methodological issues. J Occup Health Psychol 1996,
27. Smith KW, Avis NE, Assmann SF: Distinguishing between quality
of life and health status in quality of life research: a meta-
analysis. Qual Life Res 1999, 8:447-459.
28. Heo S, Moser DK, Riegel B, Hall LA, Christman N: Testing a pub-
lished model of health-related quality of life in heart failure.
J Card Fail 2005, 11:372-379.
29. Tellegen A, Lykken DT, Bouchard TJJ, Wilcox KJ, Segal NL, Rich S:
Personality similarity in twins reared apart and together. J
Pers Soc Psychol 1988, 54:1031-1039.
30. Roysamb E, Tambs K, Reichborn-Kjennerud T, Neale MC, Harris JR:
Happiness and health: environmental and genetic contribu-
tions to the relationship between subjective well-being, per-
ceived health, and somatic illness. J Pers Soc Psychol 2003,
31. DeNeve KM, Cooper H: The happy personality: A meta-analy-
sis of 137 personality traits and subjective well-being. Psychol
Bull 1998, 124:197-229.
32. Motzer SU, Stewart BJ: Sense of coherence as a predictor of
quality of life in persons with coronary heart disease surviv-
ing cardiac arrest. Res Nurs Health 2005, 19:287-298.
33. Rapkin BD, Schwartz CE: Toward a theoretical model of qual-
ity-of-life appraisal: Implications of findings from studies of
response shift. Health Qual Life Outcomes 2004, 2:14.
34. Fayers PM, Machin D: Quality of life: Assessment, analysis and interpreta-
tion Chichester Wiley; 2000.
35. Anderson KL, Burckhardt CS: Conceptualization and measure-
ment of quality of life as an outcome variable for health care
intervention and research. J Adv Nurs 1999, 29:298-306.