Content uploaded by Elhadi I. Dekam
All content in this area was uploaded by Elhadi I. Dekam on Oct 06, 2020
Content may be subject to copyright.
a Successful Research Thesis
The candidate student should well know a set of basic items; these include the following;
1. Defining the desired research point.
2. Studying and understanding the material related to the point.
3. Determining the main study objectives.
4. Selecting the method and specifying the methodology.
5. Practicing the method facilities concerning analytical, numerical, experimental and/or
It’s very good to mention very important general guide points, that help the candidate goes
straight away in the research work. These could include the following points;
1. Read as most as you can; notes, articles, papers, thesis, and chapters in books that are related
to your point.
2. Document any hint that comes to your mind before you miss it. Try to live with your research
point, don't exhaust yourself. Organize your time.
3. Try not to miss seminars, discussions, meetings, presentations, and trips. Talk to people and
get advices and recommendations.
4. Make use of WORD (or other) to well document your material using the automated features.
5. Make use of MENDELEY (or other) to automatically handle the references in the text and as
an automatic list at the end of the text.
6. Literature survey, where the student is required to cover the recent published titles. This
usually comes in a chapter which summarizes other's research work.
7. Make use of GRAMARLY (or other) to fix your text wording.
8. Make a proposal for the expected contents of your thesis. Open a file for each chapter, where
you start to write things that are related.
9. Make use of EXCELL (or other) to calculate and present your results.
6. Make use of “What; When; Where; Why; and How”, to achieve a very good discussion for
your results. Try to justify any up normal trends.
7. Make use of your colleagues and specialists reading for you. Try to upgrade your language.
8. Once you have enough material, go straight for publishing.
9. Try to give an attention to three items; the title, abstract, and conclusions.
10. Make sure you keep a very good relation with your supervisor and other institute staff
members. Be helpful to other researchers.
11. Be Patient and optimistic person. Don't forget to ask Allah your needs. We all in needs to
Allah. Good luck.
12. At the end, CONGTRATULATION!!!
Prof. Dr. Elhadi I. Dekam
University of Tripoli, Tripoli, Libya
Tuesday, October 6, 2020