1. The diagram of distribution of the pressures in the interface between the foundation and the sandy soil base, obtained experimentally, has a shape close to uniform. The contact pressure concentration at the mat edges, obtained from solutions using the theory of elasticity, was not confirmed by the test in the case considered here.
2. For the soil base considered, the contact pressure ... [Show full abstract] distribution is closer to that adopted in analyses of the model of the modulus of subgrade reaction.
3. The contact pressure distribution is substantially affected by heterogeneity of the soil base. For this reason, a detailed and accurate determination of the soil heterogeneity in plan beneath the mat and vertically in the mass for integrated study of the stress-strain state of the base and the mat should be indispensable.
4. The temperature regimen of operation of the mat under the particular concreating conditions may significantly affect the contact pressure distribution and the cracking of the concrete.
5. For determination of the contact pressures and the reinforcement stresses it is recommended to use the string dynamometers of the system of the Scientific-Research Department of the Gidroproekt Institute, which are the most reliable under any soil conditions.