International PhD School on Advanced Oxidation Processes
Goal: The "International PhD School on advanced oxidation processes (AOPs)" (School) is an initiative of Academics and Scientists, with a strong and internationally recognized expertise in the environmental applications of AOPs, that, on voluntary basis, commit themselves in promoting the higher education of young scientists in this research field.
The School, founded in June 2014 by a group of European Academics and Scientists and originally named “European PhD School on AOPs” (http://www.aops-school.com/), became subsequently (October 18, 2018) “international” as Institutions from Latin America joined the initiative. Now the School Coordinators and the Management Committee are working to include other geographical area too. Presently, the School includes 63 Scientific Committee members from 18 different Countries.
The School aims at:
• promoting the high specialization of young researchers in AOPs processes/technologies and their environmental applications;
• recognizing the achievement of this high specialization by awarding them with the “International PhD on AOPs” label, if they finally meet the requirements established by the School (please see the relevant information in the Overview/"International PhD on AOPs" label section);
• supporting the high specialization of PhD students through the organization of specific training events (such as the Summer School organized every two years and free of charge for School members) as well as negotiating reduced fee to attend relevant conferences;
• promoting networking to create new opportunities for School members (for example through the application to calls for proposals);
• keeping PhD students updated about new positions, conferences and other relevant news.
Information/details for PhD students eligible for the School are available in the respective sections below "PhD students application" and "International PhD on AOPs" label".
Applications from Europe and Latin America as School PhD student should be sent to prof. Sixto Malato (firstname.lastname@example.org), regional coordinator for Europe, and prof. Ricardo A. Torres Palma (email@example.com), regional coordinator for Latin America, respectively, and cc to prof. Luigi Rizzo (firstname.lastname@example.org, School coordinator). PhD students from other countries or do not meet the eligibility requirements can send prof. Luigi Rizzo an email to check other options to join the School.
As the candidate is awarded the PhD degree at his/her own University, he/she can apply for the "International PhD on AOPs" label if he/she meets the School requirements (please see the relevant information in the Overview/"International PhD on AOPs" label section).
Questions/additional information can be asked to School coordinator (prof. Luigi Rizzo, email@example.com).
Date: 18 October 2018
- 565.01 KBBIOSUV Contract.pdf
- 241.38 KBWorkshop_Almeria_Agenda2021.pdf
- 172.47 KBInvitation_SI AdChemE_CEJA.pdf
- 281.96 KB2021MFP-COFUND-03_job offer-1.pdf
- 405.67 KBFACSAworkshopAgenda.pdf
- Nataly Arias Sanchez who is working on a PhD thesis project tentatively entitled "Electrochemical removal of volatile organic compounds (VOCs) and odors in gaseous streams" under the supervision of Prof. Manuel Rodrigo and Prof. Justo Lobato from University of Castilla La Mancha (UCLM) (Spain);
- Rodrigo de Mello who is working on a PhD thesis project tentatively entitled "Obtaining and characterizing hybrid nanomaterials from nanofibers for application in electrode materials for contaminants removal" under the supervision of Prof. Manuel Rodrigo (UCLM) and Prof. Artur de Jesus Motheo (University of São Paulo).
- Magdalena Bilińska, PhD student at Lodz University of Technology, who is working to a thesis project tentative entitled "Application of plasma modified materials in catalytic ozonation process for textile wastewater purification", under the supervison of Prof. Marta Gmurek, new member of the scientific committee of the IPS-AOP;
- Marco De Carluccio, PhD student at University of Salerno, who is working to a thesis project tentative entitled "Combination of advanced oxidation and biological processes for industrial wastewater treatment", under the supervision of Prof. Luigi Rizzo, coordinator of the IPS-AOP.