European Expert Network on Economics of Education
Goal: EENEE has a mission to become a leading knowledge broker, advisor and knowledge disseminator in the economics of education and training. In addition, the Network aims to contribute to lasting positive policy changes that ensure high-quality education and training for all.
EENEE's deliverables include analytical reports, policy briefs and ad hoc reports.
For more information, please visit https://eenee.eu/en/
- preparedness for the pandemic, especially as manifested in the extent and areas of investments in digital learning; and
- the ability of policy-makers to respond to the changing needs of the education sector as the pandemic progressed.
- 1.09 MBEENEEA~1.PDF
- 250.08 KBEENEE POLICY BRIEF 4-2021_EN.pdf
- School segregation varies across EU countries.
- Segregation feeds into performance gaps.
- Credible evidence on the consequences of segregation is scarce.
- 300.41 KBEENEE POLICY BRIEF 3-2021_EN.pdf
- @@students’ perceptions of the potential benefits of schoolwork for their future educational and employment opportunities;
- their sense of self-efficacy in learning and of rewarding achievement;
- the awareness of academic and socio-emotional support, attention, understanding, encouragement and inspiration received from their teachers, which can contribute to self-motivation in learning and instructional effectiveness;
- students’ sense of belongingness as part of their identity formation;
- a cooperative learning spirit established at schools; and
- students’ experience of safety at their school, as associated with lower exposure to bullying.
- 2.63 MBEENEE_AR44.pdf
- The consequences of the COVID-19 pandemic on the apprenticeship training.
- The fallen demand for apprentices due to recession.
- COVID-19 impact on the retention rates and employment outcomes of apprenticeship graduates.
- Secondary School VET (Challenges in Estimating Returns to VET; Studies of Country-level Changes in VET; Studies of School Admissions Rules; Other Studies)
- Postsecondary VET (Evidence from the US; European Evidence; Canada, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Combined Secondary and Postsecondary VET
- The education funding response to COVID-19.
- The mechanisms on how the school closures might affect the learning outcomes of students.
- Available evidence of the impact of the COVID-19 crisis on educational attainments in compulsory and higher education, both in the short-run and long run.
- 232.99 KBEENEE-POLICY-BRIEF-1-2021_EN-1.pdf
- 4.86 MBEENEE_AR43.pdf