1st Scientific Conference in memory of Prof. Vladimir I. Zhadin (on the 125th anniversary of his birthday) Russia, St. Petersburg, 18-22 April 2022
Goal: The scope of the Conference will include communications devoted to results of theoretical and historical research in the fields of freshwater biology and malacology as well as discussions on methodological foundations of these disciplines. The Organizing and Programme committees hope that the Conference will help to enhance the interactions between research practitioners and historians of science in order to contribute to the development of aquatic ecology.
The themes of the Conference will include:
1. History of aquatic ecology and limnology of the 20th century in the context of scientific and ideological discussions
2. Taxonomy, biogeography, faunal studies and ecology of freshwater mollusks
3. Ecological research in rivers and water reservoirs
4. Studies in limnology
5. The current state of aquatic ecology worldwide: trends, problems, and the contribution of historical studies to the understanding of the development of this discipline.
Date: 19 April 2021 - 23 April 2021
- 1.72 MBсборник_Жадин2021.pdf