Looking for new challenges after retiring after 3 decades from my positions in knowledge management in elite sport😀
How we measure 'reads'
A 'read' is counted each time someone views a publication summary (such as the title, abstract, and list of authors), clicks on a figure, or views or downloads the full-text. Learn more
September 2021 - present
- Head of Department
- - develop information and communication tools for a highly competitive professional environment in German elite sport and elite sport research with the target grtoups of coaches, sport directors of NGBs and researchers in junior and senior elite sport - analysis of the development of national elite sport systems with respect to sport policy and politics, financing, governance models, research topics and organisational structures (focus on Great Britain and Norway)
August 2012 - August 2021
- Information and communication systems for elite sport coaches
- develop information and communication tools for a highly competitive professional environment
March 1991 - present
Institute for Applied Training Science, Leipzig, Germany
- development of national elite sport systems
- development of national elite sport systems with respect to sport politics, financing, governance models, research topics and organisational structures (focus on Great Britain, Norway, Australia)
August 1983 - April 1985
German College of Physical Education and Sport
Field of study
- Sport science
summary of the project development for SPONET+ Coronavirus and sport - Science and practice in the challenging environment of COVID-19 for athletes, coaches, sport organisations and research institutions, presenting the course of development from March 2020 until October 2020, focus on the hitherto more than 700 international publications on the sh...
Analyse der Entwicklung des norwegischen Leistungssportsystems 2014-2018 mit inhaltlichen Schwerpunkten in der staatlichen Sportpolitik, der Leistungssportstrategie des Norwegischen Sportbundes NIF, den Zielen, Aufgaben und Arbeitsstrukturen von Olympiatoppen als Organisation zur Leistungssportsteuerung, den Fördermechanismen für Nachwuchs- und Hoc...
Die Leistungssportentwicklung in Großbritannien wird durch das Ministerium für Kultur, Medien und Sport aus Lotterie- und Haushaltsmitteln finanziert. UK Sport ist der „strategische Investor“ im britischen Leistungssport, der das Ziel einer maximalen Medaillenausbeute bei Olympischen Spielen und Weltmeisterschaften verfolgt. Dazu wurde die „No Comp...
Analysis of the state of development of the British elite sport system in 2012
Analysis of the actual state of development of Norwegian elite sport system.
Die olympischen Jugendspiele (Youth Olympic Games, YOG) wurden als „Veranstaltung im Geist olympischer Spiele“ für Nachwuchsathleten von 14 bis 18 Jahren initiiert. In den sportspezifisch unterschiedlichen Altersklassen sollen sie alle vier Jahre der Wettkampfhöhepunkt in 26 olympischen Sommer- und sieben Wintersportarten sein. Neben dem sportliche...
Dear Mrs. Serdil Örs, a couple of weeks ago I found an article which you published in the journal "European Journal of Physical Education and Sport Science". The title of the article was "The determination of performance scores and standings in accordance with apparatus scores during the 37th rhythmic gymnastics world championships, 2019". Today I wanted to look at the article again but could not find it anymore, unfortunately. Will it be possible in future to see the article again, or, would it be possible to receive a copy of it. Thank you very much in advance, best regards from Leipzig (Germany)
Dr. Hartmut Sandner
Institute for Applied Training Science
Started in March/April 2020 the database meanwhile has more than 1.350 publications on this topic. And the documentation continues every day. You can find the information here: http://plus.sponet.de/topic/3781 Currently, it is primarily in German and an English, as the corona virus is a global, not a national challenge. Since the number of documents is developing very dynamically and the "areas" in sports on which the topic has an impact were grewing, we decided to make a (rough) differentiation in content, ranging from training, health and prevention to psychology, event management and sports policy. The use of the offer is of course open to all interested parties worldwide and free of charge - and this is how it will remain in the future.
- to develop the basics for discussions on current and prospective trends in elite sport and addition of interesting information; - reflection and evaluation of activities in selected high-performance sporting countries; - collection of information on national elite sport systems; - examination of long-term strategies as well as medium- and short-term measures and their effects; - identification of national solutions in youth and elite sport over the past four years; - documentation of developments in sport politics, national sports organizations, including in their relationships with scientific institutions and business companies