Delia PopaArtCrowd Association, Bucharest, Romania · Art Education
How we measure 'reads'
A 'read' is counted each time someone views a publication summary (such as the title, abstract, and list of authors), clicks on a figure, or views or downloads the full-text. Learn more
Citations since 2017
3 Research Items
I am interested in researching what constitutes quality in art education for K-12 students and in finding effective methods of measuring the arts' impact on students' development and competencies. I am also interested in researching social art practices, the confluence between art and pedagogy and feminism. I have recently written "Children as Co-Creators of Art" from a presentation I gave at the Art in Education Conference at the Oslo Metropolitan University, Norway, 2019.
April 2019 - May 2019
National Administration of the Cultural Fund AFCN
- Independent Evaluation Expert
- I acted as independent expert for selecting the winning projects in the fields of visual art and education via culture for the Romanian National Administration of the Cultural Fund AFCN.
September 2017 - November 2019
National Museum of Romanian Literature
- Museum educator
- I acted as external collaborator for museum education programs for schools, children aged 6-14. It was a collaboration through ArtCrowd Association, Bucharest.
December 2016 - April 2020
National Museum of Contemporary Art of Romania MNAC
- Invited Artist/Museum educator
- I acted as an external collaborator on museum education programs, with an emphasis on printing techniques and art history.
This paper will discuss children as co-creators of art as a concept slowly gaining ground in Romania, from the point of view of the art in education organization, a type of NGO that has emerged in the last ten years to fill the need for cultural and artistic interaction of children and teenagers, a need not fulfilled by the mandatory education scho...
This article presents and reflects upon an art project that took place in 2016 at Lateral ArtSpace and the Common Space at Fabrica de Pensule (Paintbrush Factory) in Cluj-Napoca, and ODD, Bucharest, Romania, followed by the issue of a publication, organised by English artist Giles Eldridge and Romanian artist Delia Popa, and the Bucharest based Art...
This article presents a workshop that took place in June 2010 at the National Museum of Contemporary Art (MNAC), organized by the author, Delia Popa, and artist Ellen Rothenberg, Professor at The School of the Art Institute of Chicago (SAIC). The description of the workshop is followed by examples of workshop participants' responses to a questionna...