How we measure 'reads'
A 'read' is counted each time someone views a publication summary (such as the title, abstract, and list of authors), clicks on a figure, or views or downloads the full-text. Learn more
Citations since 2016
5 Research Items
Recently graduated M.Sc. from the EPHE, Paris. Formation achieved through semestrial rotation within the french network of universities and research centers offering exceptional internship facilities at the french ocean and sea coasts. I also have international experience through the Dal@SU bachelor students exchange program. I am interested in shark behaviour in reefs and mangrove habitats. I also have pedagogical interest and a project on diffusion of marine knowledge through illustrations.
January 2020 - August 2020
- Master's Student
- Topic: Determination of the spatial structuration of Mullus barbatus, Linnaeus 1758 in mediterranean waters based on the 3D shape of otoliths. Funding: MEDUNITS, international project aimed at the evaluation of sea stocks. Directors: Dr. Kelig Mahé (IFREMER) & Dr. Sébastien Couette (Université de Bourgogne, EPHE). Expertise: Application of the Fourier elliptical tools for the characterization of the 3D structure of otoliths with the purpose of evaluating the meditteranean stocks of M. barbatus.
March 2019 - July 2019
- Master's Student
- Topic : Modelling of the growth of the red scorpionfish, Scorpaena scrofa Linnaeus 1758 in the Meditteranean sea. Technical skills : Sclerochronology (otolithometry & scalimetry), fish dissection and sampling. Expertize : creation of a statistical R program to compute all data measurements valid for any other fish sample. Funding : The european MOONFISH program aiming for a better knowledge of the corsican marine species for stock management, conservation and study.
February 2018 - April 2018
- Volunteer : selected within the frame of the exchange program Dal@SU between French and Canadian universities (voluntary extension of initial time duration)
- Topic : Shark plastination. Supervisor: Dr. Chris Harvey-Clark, veterinary department, head of Animal Ethics. Technical skills: lantern-sharks and thresher shark' spiral-valved intestine plastination, dissection of a thorny skate, thresher sharks’ jaws. Sea birds and seals counting on Sambro Island to predict abundance during nesting season. • Preparation of teaching materials for Dr.Harvey-Clark: Compiled data, animations and drawings.
January 2018 - April 2018
Field of study
- Marine Biology. Courses attended at Dalhousie University : Diversity& Evolution of Fishes, Marine Mammalogy, Genetics & Molecular Biology, Statistical Analysis (see also Research & Grants)
La connaissance de la dynamique des populations de poissons est nécessaire à leur gestion, qu'elles soient exploitées ou en aire protégée. Les paramètres de cette dynamique sont calculés et évalués à partir de la répartition des âges des poissons et leur taux de croissance. La sclérochronologie regroupe les méthodes directes d'estimation de l'âge d...
Osteichthyes and chondrichthyes templates realized for Dr. Chris Harvey-Clark course on osmoregulation in fish (2018). There's room for adding arrows and annotations, and I drew them in a funny manner in order to make it more engaging and easy to learn.
This exploratory project first seeks to demonstrate in vitro the bactericidal capacity of calcifying shell matrices extracted from molluscs of economic interest. This project is at the interface of environmental geosciences, aquaculture and health, but also of museology and cultural heritage conservation sciences. Its purpose is to valorise - through a sophisticated application - a very abundant co-product of the sea : the empty shells from common shellfish consumption which are only recycled with low added value.
Etablissement de la démographie et de la structure et dynamique des populations de S. scrofa en Corse par sclérochronologie.
Here I display my scientific illustrations, some being framed in research projects. You can find them listed under the project log section.