Question
Asked 12th Apr, 2010

intereting topics in guidance and counseling

hello everyone... im about to write a thesis in guidance and counseling. but i really don't know how to start. i can't even decide what would me my topic. anybody here who would like to suggest? please help me,,,

23rd Apr, 2010
mae laarni Lanas
thanks

Hussien Abdelbaky
Ain Shams University
lets talk about being frustrated how to deal with it??????????????????????
mae laarni Lanas
well that's an interesting one, im also planning to conduct an evaluation of the existing guidance program in the institution where i am connected,do u think that would be ok?
mae laarni Lanas
thanks, but i think its hard, ihope sombody could help me, or suggest what should i do, :-)
Hussien Abdelbaky
Ain Shams University
well we will help each other no problem we can share benefits but first we have to see from where we should start
21st Apr, 2010
mae laarni Lanas
oh thanks! do you have any articles related to the topic? i think i need to have a lot of readings,,,
21st Apr, 2010
Hussien Abdelbaky
Ain Shams University
we can start to talk about different characters of peoples and how to deal with them

Which specific methods would you apply to find the factors influencing counseling self-efficacy within a sample of counselling psychology students?
Question
  • Andronikos KalirisAndronikos Kaliris
Currently, I am trying to design a mixed methods research with emphasis at the quantitative part to explore the factors influencing counselling self-efficacy of counselling trainees from various Universities in Greece. My intent is to use two counselling self-efficacy questionnaires (one for Career Counselling Self-Efficacy, O'Brien et al., 1997 and another one for Counselling Self-efficacy, Larson et al., 1992) as well as a questionnaire for the demographics in order to test the relationships mentioned in the bibliography among variables such as length of past experience, training and practicum and trainees' self-efficacy. Additionally, I would like to see which is the role of core self-evaluations with a single instrument (Judge et al., 2003).
On the other hand, in the qualitative part, I would like to take several interviews from a small sample of the participants, maybe 15, in order to test if the four sources which form self-efficacy (mastery experiences, vicarious learning, verbal persuasion, emotional state) suggested by Bandura would apply in counselling trainees.
What would you do in this case? Do you find a mixed methods design suitable for this kind of research purpose? Would it be a good idea to have a sample of trainees in career counseling (my specialty) and another one for trainees in counselling psychology?
I am looking forward to your views and ideas.