Would I use independent 2 samples or paired samples T test to test for mean difference between age-sex-matched samples with ratio 1:2?

I have a case group and a control group, which is age-sex-matched with ratio 1 case: 2 control. I'm wondering what test is suitable to test their mean difference. To test matched groups, some suggest paired t test, some use independent t test. But I find difficult to use paired t test because they are not 1:1 but 1:2.
I found it is difficult to treat it as matched sense if it is not 1:1 ratio. Any idea? Thanks