Question
Asked 25th Dec, 2022

Why scopus document search is not working?

Greeting,
When I tried to remotely accessed the scopus database by login into my institution id, it kept bring me back to the scopus preview. I tried cleaning the cache, reinstall the browser, using other internet and etc. But, none of it is working. As you can see in the image. It kept appeared in scopus preview.
Please help..

Rasouli H.
To reach the Scopus document search module, you should use academic IPs. If your institute has been listed in the Scopus database, you have permission to search documents in Scopus. It is not free of charge, and your university should pay its share to Scopus to provide this service for its academic researchers.
2nd Jan, 2023
Muthuraj Anbalagan
Sri Krishna Adithya College of Arts and Science
If your institution subscribes to the Scopus database, you should use your academic IPs and access it from home using the remote access login. If the remote access login is not working properly, Contact your librarian.

-----
Why we should not publish in MDPI special issues?
74 replies
  • Hossein HaghighiHossein Haghighi
I would like to ask you to share your experience for publishing in MDPI special issues:
1- It seems they are getting benefit from Invited Guest Editors to write and present a short proposal about a specific topic. This is purely an honorary position and after this step, the staff of MDPI (who are not from the academy) will proceed with everything. They receive manuscripts from authors and send the manuscript for revision. In many cases, if the article is accepted with a major revision, only 5 days will be given by the assistant editor to revise the manuscript!!!
2- High publishing cost (almost 2000 CHF) is another negative point.
3- It seems 100 CHF gift for reviewers is attractive enough for many people who voluntarily work as a reviewer without having enough experience in that topic. The reviewers only ask for modifying graphs and tables and suggesting their article as a reference!!!
4- I personally prefer to submit to a journal with a professional academic editor who is really familiar with the topic and after acceptance to pay for open access.
5- The impact factor of special issues is high, but i think this is neither related to the quality of the articles nor the journal. This is mainly due to the open acces of journals that articles can receive more citations!
6- The positive point from my side is that they are quite fast and within one month you will receive the result, either accepted or rejected!
They know how to play the game and get advantages from the name and position of guest editors by offering discounts!
My main point is if you have high-quality work submit it to a high-quality journal and if you are interested to make your work more visible, just pay for open access.
AD Scientific Index is reliable or "Predatory"?
39 replies
  • Sunil Kumar SahuSunil Kumar Sahu
When I clicked on the website, I was surprised to discover that they are charging a fee (~24-30 USD) to add the information of an individual researcher.
So I started wondering if it's another scam of ‘predatory’ rankings.
What's your opinion in this regard?

Chapter
Kap. 1 erklärt, was es bedeutet, integrative Sichtweisen auf beteiligte MINT-Fächer aufzubauen, sowohl aus Sicht der Lernenden als auch aus Sicht der Lehrenden. Zudem wird auf die Bedeutung von fächerverbindendem im Vergleich zu fachübergreifendem MINT-Unterricht hingewiesen, insbesondere wird dargelegt, wie Themen für den fächerverbindenden MINT-U...