Question
Asked 16th Nov, 2019

Where can I find a free Caucasian face database with standardized photos based on attractiveness?

I am looking for a face database with standardized results based on physical appearance.
I checked some of the databases available, few of them only had black and withe images, animated faces or non-caucasian faces.
I was wondering is there a database that I can access with colorized photos, and standardized results of photos?

How can I extract volume values (voxels, mm3?) for each individual on a particular cluster in FSL-VBM analysis?
Question
  • Jonatan Ottino GonzálezJonatan Ottino González
Hi everyone,
I ran a VBM analysis between unpaired groups and got 4 significant clusters.
  1. I used the Cluster command to get the significant clusters on a text file to visualize their p-values, coordinates, etc.
Cluster –i tfce_corrp_tstat1 –t 0.95 -o cluster_size osize=cluster_size > results.txt
  1. Then I used fslmaths to extract a particular cluster (remove just 1 out of 4 from the tfce_corrp_tstat1) and binarized it as a mask.
fslmaths –dt int cluster_size -thr <min value> -uthr <max value> -bin <mask_name>
Where –thr and -uthr is the minimum-maximum (threshold) value from the index_cluster column at the results.txt where every significant cluster is displayed (1-4). In my case the -thr and -uthr values were the same (1), because only cluster 1 was of my interest.
I checked the mask and everything went ok at this point (1 cluster = 1 mask).
  1. I finally used fslmeants to calculate volumes for that cluster on each individual. The problem, I think, is that I’ve calculated the mean values of voxels' intensity in that cluster, not the total volume of it.
fslmeants –i <GM_mod_merg_s3> –m <cluster_mask> > results_cluster.txt
I would like to calculate the total volume of that particular cluster (voxels, mm3) for every subject (n=56) to do correlations/regressions with other behavioral/cognitive variables in SPSS. I think my problem is in Step 3, do someone know a better way to calculate volumes on a particular cluster?
I also performed a manual extraction for the data using kernel spheres but I’m not happy with the results/method because even if I merge several spheres to create a mask to cover all the cluster I still got some voxels out of it (and viceversa).
 Thanks!
Questions regarding correlations and how to report Steiger's z tests?
Question
  • Gilad SaboGilad Sabo
In my study I have two samples which are independent. After finding significant differences between the groups on few variables, following intervention in one of the two research groups, I took simple  Pearson correlations between pairs of variables in each of the study conditions (time, group), but as I have three variables it seems like I have to use partial correlations too. Especially when considering that Pearson's correlations between two of the variables are around 0.8 (which is in line with scientific literature about them). I'm talking about two creativity tests and another personality test, all are continuous variables. 
I'm not that used to correlations as part of the study design, so I have few questions: Is using partial correlations should be the first step when there are more than two variables in the study design (with the prior assumption that they all correlate with each other)? Second, in such case should one avoid using Pearson correlations? If not and using Pearson correlations is also asked, in what order should it be done (meaning naturally I assume that first Pearson correlation and then partial correlations?) and if I include one table of correlations would it be this of the partial or the Pearson's correlation (or both)? Of note, in previous studies there was found no difference in the strength of the correlation between the two creativity measures and the personality measure and this is my assumption too.
How should I report the Z tests (I think it's modified Steiger's z tests), dependent and independent, in APA style (in text) considering it was taken from this website and that I used two different z tests (1 and 2 on the website). Also, I used Pearson r in these z tests, should I use partial correlations instead (at least for test 1, after all I have three variables, but in each comparios I use pair of correlations)? 
Thanks to all

In this report examined the possibilities of using free software for photo processing, through which one can obtain an accurate measurement of the dimensions of machine parts, which typically is used in other areas of science. This study may indicate ways to implement the relatively cheap and sufficiently accurate methods to accurately measure the...
Photography in the daily Spanish free press: Application and use in 20 Minutos, Qui and Adn Juan Miguel Sanchez Vigil, Maria Olivera Zaldua and Juan Carlos Marcos Redo The free press exerts a significant social impact, as it and carries its urgent informative function through hard-hitting headlines, punchy articles and news briefs. Distributed at k...