Question
Asked 25th May, 2021

Whats the review time of Elsevier Computer Science Review Journal?

Here is the link to the journal homepage.

Daniel Chpolianski
University at Buffalo, The State University of New York
I would like to understand if my experience with ELSEVIER journal manuscript submission is a common occurrence or more of an exception. My manuscript was in “With Editor” status for almost 5 months. I did send several polite emails enquiring about the status. I did get generic replies from ELSEVIER support. Then, I started to worry and pressed the support manager to get a real update about the status of my manuscript from the Editor. Still, not a single word from the Editor. Are Editors prohibited from communicating with authors in ELSEVIER?

Manish Verma
Defence Research and Development Organisation
Hi Rafiq
There is no fixed review time for good Journals. But generally it takes 2 to 3 months to review an article in Elsevier Journal. There are high chance that if your article is accepted, multiple revision may be required. Before final publication of paper.
Regards
Manish Verma
Wajid Rafiq
The University of Calgary
Thank you for the answer. I am more interested to know if somebody has experience in publishing in this journal.
Arash Mazidi
Technische Universität Clausthal
Usually the review time is written in journal website. Also, you can understand it from revision time, accepted time and publication time of published papers.
Wajid Rafiq
The University of Calgary
Arash Mazidi Thank you for the answer, the review time has not been written on the website of the journal. I was more interested to know about the time this journal takes during the first round of reviews.
Okuthe P Kogeda
University of the Free State
Normally, a reviewer is given 2 months to review and send back the report. There will also be administration time, which will take the overall time to about 3 months.
Arash Mazidi
Technische Universität Clausthal
You can send email to editor of journal and ask the review time.
Wajid Rafiq
The University of Calgary
Thank you for the suggestion.
Manikandan v. M.
SRM University AP Andhra Pradesh India.
@Wajid Rafiq Curious to know if you got a clear answer for your query. In journal website it's mentioned 5.8 weeks (https://www.journals.elsevier.com/computer-science-review), but if you have submitted and got experience pls share. We are working on a review paper and looking for a suitable journal for publication!!!!
Wajid Rafiq
The University of Calgary
Thank you Manikandan, I have submitted my paper on 13th May and the latest update is that they sent it for peer review on June 5th. Therefore, I am unable to suggest the actual review time. However, if you see some of their published paper, you will realize that it may take around 8-9 months from submission to publishing.
Manikandan v. M.
SRM University AP Andhra Pradesh India.
@Wajid Rafiq Thanks for your reply. Kindly update once u get the first review.....!!! All the best for you...!!!
Saeed Shurrab
New York University Abu Dhabi
As indicated on their site,
the review takes about 5.8 weeks while online publication takes 2.4 weeks.
Daniel Chpolianski