Started 12th Feb, 2019

What is your motivation for writing a research paper?

In all honesty, what motivates you as an individual to write research paper and to do research in general?

Rabson Wuriga
Great Zimbabwe University
In most cases, research is motivated by problem-solving intentions, desire for personal intellectual satisfaction and also for professional promotion reasons.

Popular replies (1)

Humphrey Adun
Cyprus International University
The Joy i derive from curiosity and the drive to solve issues is a gift i believe that i should use in adding something positive to the world. My research studies are tiny steps i am taking to fulfilling a larger spectrum of Global development

All replies (17)

Teun De Rycker
TBA
The conviction that ideas matter and that an individual researcher, a network of researchers and the academic community as a whole can – and should (try to) – make a difference. Forschen und Schaffen. To inquire and to create. To do research and to communicate the findings. To learn and to build. All of these Age of Enlightenment values. There may, of course, be other motivations, for which see, among others, An Academic Life: A Handbook for New Academics (2010), Chapters 13 and 14.
Subir Bandyopadhyay
Botanical Survey of India
To publish something new which was not know or less know earlier and useful documentation works. Furthermore, personal satisfaction is also of prime importance to me.
Sandhyarani Khomdram
Mizoram University
Competition among peers and career advancement necessity are some of the requirements to write research papers.
Asad Ali Zaidi
Hamdard University
The research needs apprication and the one who is doing research wants it to be available for everyone so that all can take benefit from it. I also agree to the point raised by Dr @ Sandhyarani Khomdram.
Humphrey Adun
Cyprus International University
Sandra Obiora
University of Electronic Science and Technology of China
To have provide insights and solutions to true world problems.
Joojo Walker
Chengdu University of Technology
Writing research papers grants me the opportunity to communicate my side of the solution to important problems in my chosen research field.
Teun De Rycker
TBA
Returning to this question after almost two years, I'd like to share Jan Blommaert's personal – but by no means isolated – view of what's important, what matters in our lives as academics: to give, to educate, to inspire, with all of these three intimately related to generosity and creativity. It's this then that should motivate us to do research and communicate it to the wider community. You'll find more at https://alternative-democracy-research.org. Thank you, Mariaelena Bartesaghi, for telling me about the blog.
Kee-Man Chuah
University Malaysia Sarawak
Mine would the same passion as Sandra Obiora
Muhammad Fattah Fazel
USIM | Universiti Sains Islam Malaysia
It may seems strange, but I always feel happy when I write because of the endless possibilities that can be explore in science.
Sovan Mohanty
SRMS College of Engineering and Technology
There are numerous practical challenges that are yet to be solved. Repeated attempts through understanding, designing, writing papers, discussing, and imagining the problem may get us to understand the problem and to find a way to get near to it. The horizon of knowledge needs to be expanded continuously.
Hamzat Kanmi
King Fahd University of Petroleum and Minerals
Desire to proffer solutions to this world of unending problems.
Arega Bazezew Berlie
Bahir Dar University
to get a research position and to be promoted or to get intellectual joy doing some creative work
23rd Mar, 2022
Roberta Melella
Università degli Studi di Salerno
Conducting a study on a topic, while not discovering the miracle formula, and sharing its results with the scientific community (but also with students) can be of interest for future developments, to bring light on issues much or little discussed and in general, be an enhancement to society. So, it is for this reason and for the love of research that I dedicate myself to my work every day.
Marián Čvirik
University of Economics in Bratislava
To change something, to increase the knowledge base, to contribute to the base of knowledge and thus enrich our knowledge. :)
Arman Khan
Shaheed Benazir Bhutto University, Shaheed Benazirabad
Because some opportunities and challenges need continuous efforts and many practical challenges that are yet to be solved.
Rabson Wuriga
Great Zimbabwe University

-----