Question
Asked 11th Feb, 2015

What is the easier way to draw a study selection flow chart?

Is there ready made template for PRISMA study selection flow chart for systematic review, or easy way to draw it? Do you use word or excel? Thank you.

Rashid Ali
Aligarh Muslim University
Dear Heba Huessin
You can use power point or its easier to use the link.
Thanks

Farhad Shokraneh
University College London
1. There is an option to add figure in Review Manager [RevMan]
2. Here is an online tool for it:
3. I attached a template in powerpoint you may like to use.
4. You can use variety of programs to draw it.

Souvik Maitra
All India Institute of Medical Sciences
Easiest option remains Revman, however, you can not generate high resolution figure from Revman (it is a unique problem with Revman, you can generate all other high resolution figure but not flow diagram). Other options are you can do it in MS Word or MS Excel.
Amédé Gogovor
Laval University
A template in Word is available here
Nguyen Phuoc Long
Inje University
You can directly use the template provided by PRISMA:
Besides, the simplest way to make a "study selection flow chart" is using Microsoft software (Word, Excel, or Power Point).
p/s: If necessary, you can save the file as pdf type (after fulfill your own information) and modify it to have a high quality image with Adobe Photoshop.
Heba Huessin
University of Illinois at Chicago
Thank u all! My q is can we delete the writing in PRISMA flow chart and fill it with our own data? Or we have to draw it from scratch? And if so, which easier word or exel?
Rosie Morland
Imperial College London
I've always found Powerpoint (or better, adobe Illustrator) great for flow charts, although PRISMA gives you and editable template in word, so that might be easiest in this instance!
Farhad Shokraneh
University College London
2. Here is an online tool for it:
Heba Huessin
University of Illinois at Chicago
Thank u Farhad so much 
23rd Feb, 2015
Ming-Jie Zhang
Chengdu Military General Hospital
Refer to the published meta-analyses. PPT can draw a study selection flow chart quickly.
Umar M Lawan
Bayero University and Aminu Kano Teaching Hospital, Nigeria
Thanks a lot, this is very helpful
Gaspary O Mwanyika
Mbeya University of Science and Technology
Thank you@ Farhad Shokraneh
Grigor Angjeliu
Politecnico di Milano
I recommend having the graphics done by a professional graphic designer instead of buying a software. The best tools won’t automatically produce high-end graphics. Check this: https://www.easyresearcher.com/

How do I report the results of a linear mixed models analysis?
Question
  • Subina SainiSubina Saini
1) Because I am a novice when it comes to reporting the results of a linear mixed models analysis, how do I report the fixed effect, including including the estimate, confidence interval, and p-value in addition to the size of the random effects. I am not sure how to report these in writing. For example, how do I report the confidence interval in APA format and how do I report the size of the random effects?
2) How do you determine the significance of the size of the random effects (i.e. how do you determine if the size of the random effects is too large and how do you determine the implications of that size)?
3) Our study consisted of 16 participants, 8 of which were assigned a technology with a privacy setting and 8 of which were not assigned a technology with a privacy setting. Survey data was collected weekly. Our fixed effect was whether or not participants were assigned the technology. Our random effects were week (for the 8-week study) and participant. How do I justify using a linear mixed model for this study design? Is it accurate to say that we used a linear mixed model to account for missing data (i.e. non-response; technology issues) and participant-level effects (i.e. how frequently each participant used the technology; differences in technology experience; high variability in each individual participant's responses to survey questions across the 8-week period). Is this a sufficient justification? 
I am very new to mixed models analyses, and I would appreciate some guidance. 
Compare changes between two groups over time?
Question
  • Maria SanzMaria Sanz
Hi everybody!
I have 2 groups (WT and KO) of indivuals for whom I obtain their weight each month during a year. The simple question I want to answer is: Do the WT group gain more (or less) weight that KO group over-time?. If true, at which time point /s is this difference significant?
For example:
GROUP M1 M2 M3 M4 M5 M7 M 8...
WT (5 indv) 5.8 5.9 6.9 7.8 12.1 14.5 20.9
KO (7 indv) 5.8 5-9 6.8 8.0 8.1 8.2 8.3
From these data it's clear that the WT group gains more weight that KO group. Moreover, I could say that the significant differences are in months 5 to 8....
I know this is a very recurrent experimental design and I have been looking for the correct statistical analysis to answer that question, but I found conflicting recomendations:
1) Repeated measures ANOVA, can show me differences between time-points of each group: The WT group has increased significantly from M4 to M5... (I am not interested in this kind of conclussions, or at least not only in this kind of conclussions) but it says nothing about differences between both groups.
2) Two-way ANOVA. I've been reading about the design of the experiments for which Two-way ANOVA. They look for the effects of 2 independent variables in an outcome. BUT! There is a big difference in the desing of the experiments that I have been reading for: "All the individiuals receive all the conditions (only chages the order)". THIS IS NOT MY CASE! The same occurs with two-way-reapeted-measures ANOVA!!! :(.
Further, as i'm interested in the difference in increases I think it should be better to work with weight changes (or percent changes). I mean, it can happen (for example) that WT group have higher weights from the beggining to the end than KO groups (resulting in statistical significant differences at all timepoints) but the increases are the same. For example:
GROUP M1 M2 M3 M4 M5 M7 M 8...
WT (5 indv) 20 30 40 50 60 70 80
WT (5 indv) 50 60 70 80 90 100 110
In these data (differences in absolute weights may be significant at all time-points) but both groups are increasing the same (10 gr per month) at all time-points....
Rather than absolute changes I can use relative changes..(In fact, I have also seen that ANCOVA is better for this kind of conclussions, since it takes into account the initial value and you can even represent the "corrected" changes).
As you can see.... I'm a mess!!!
I'm I wrong with my interpretation of two-way-ANOVA?
Which tests should be better for my question? Repeated measures ANCOVA??? mixed effects model? split-plot factorial analysis of variance? XD. which should be my post-hoc test?
I work in R...
Thanks in advanced!

Code
A prettier version of the PRISMA diagram. Video tutorial here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kyqu1BBLSAM&feature=youtu.be&fbclid=IwAR021Ptg1x7tBdNLRh0XqzUVRJE4aGlrfZ0Z-zwqhsP_BOn2roWmONKHeBg
Data
PRISMA is an evidence-based minimum set of items for reporting in systematic reviews and meta-analyses.
Objective To perform a systematic review of the literature evaluating clinical characteristics and management of cervical ganglioneuromas (CGNs). Data Sources PubMed, Embase, and Cochrane Library databases were searched. Data such as patient demographics, imaging, and treatments were obtained. Review Methods Pertinent studies were downloaded, and...