Question
Asked 12th Jun, 2014

What is the best way to cite a ReasearchGate comment in an academic paper?

There are a lot of writing style manuals for different academic fields (e.g. APA, MLA, Chicago, Harvard, and others). However, some comments on ResearchGate seem worthy of scholarly citation. How best should a person go about citing a comment from a ResearchGate discussion in an academic paper he or she is writing? Are the comments worthy of citation? Should permission be requested directly from the author of the comment for a direct quote exceeding 100 words?

Alex Clay Cushley
Royal Military College of Canada
Aleksandra Galkina, that may be true, but it’s not a necessity to search “manually”. Press “Ctrl + F” and search for the name. It’s not that difficult No matter how long the thread is. Textbooks require an actual manual search. The question in this thread is just what to write in a paper to cite a comment on RG, not how to make RG better, although I agree that URLs for individual comments would be useful. a button to download the bibtex key would be even better!

Nageswara Rao Posinasetti
University of Northern Iowa
You may consider it as a forum discussion. An example for forum as given by Purdue University (APA format)
"Online Forum or Discussion Board Posting Include the title of the message, and the URL of the newsgroup or discussion board. Please note that titles for items in online communities (e.g. blogs, newsgroups, forums) are not italicized. If the author's name is not available, provide the screen name. Place identifiers like post or message numbers, if available, in brackets. If available, provide the URL where the message is archived (e.g. "Message posted to..., archived at...")."
See an example here:
Saini, Debi (2014, May 26). What are the best methods to introduce concepts of sustainability to all? [Msg 11]. Message posted at https://www.researchgate.net/post/What_are_the_best_methods_to_introduce_concepts_of_sustainability_to_all

Nageswara Rao Posinasetti
University of Northern Iowa
See an example here:
Janos Toth
National University of Public Service
As Nageswara Rao said. Alternatively; the guidelines for citing "personal communications" may fit there. While i do not think that it is forbidden to cite RG comments, i would keep in mind that while contentwise can be reliable sources, they are not stable contents and can be modified or deleted any time.
Michael Brückner
Naresuan University
Yusuf Babatunde Adeneye
University of Malaysia, Kelantan
The best way to cite a ResearchGate comment is to see it as a personal communication. This is because comments are personal views of the contributors or individuals. To therefore reference a comment or personal communication, in-text citing is only needed and no reference citation.
Consider the examples below:
 According to N. R. Posinasetti (personal communication, June 13, 2014), in the absence of the author’s name, the screen name should be provided.
 The guidelines for referencing personal communications can fit in for ResearchGate comments (J. Toth, personal communication, June 13, 2014).
 (M. Bruckner, personal communication, June 13, 2014) or M. Bruckner (personal communication, June 13, 2014).
The format here is:
The initial first, Surname second, personal communication third, and the month, date and year last.
Ra'Ed Masa'deh
University of Jordan, Aqaba, Jordan
I think yes you can by saying for instance according to X (200X) "abc...".
Osei Yaw Akoto
Kwame Nkrumah University Of Science and Technology
The question is an all-important one. I have already cited some useful information from RG to support my argument in a paper i am currently writing. I agree that comments from RG can be referenced as personal communication, and that is what I have done.
Ratan Khuman
Charotar University of Science and Technology
Dear Nageswara, thanks for the valuable statement. I agree with you....
Asmat Ali
PMAS - Arid Agriculture University
Respected Nageswara Rao Posinasetti, thanks for serving a detailed reply. I agree to it. But what about copy rights? Do you think it would not be a problem.
Janina Maria Wiertlewska
Nicolaus Copernicus University
Nagerwara Rao, thanks a lot for your valuable remarks concerning citations of the RG form memmbers. I'm just getting ready to cite in my following paper a few persons' "utterances'"and you've showed me a very precise way.
Nageswara Rao Posinasetti
University of Northern Iowa
Dear Asmat
The question of copyright does not come here because we are quoting directly with reference. Anything quoted directly be within quotation mark and a reference.
21st Jun, 2014
K. M. Singh
Dr Rajendra Prasad Central Agricultural University
Very useful thread, the quotes as personal communication would be appropriate I feel and fully agree with Nageswara Rao Posinasetti, that there are no copyright issues involved here.
21st Jun, 2014
Nizar Matar
An-Najah National University
I think that Professor Nageswara Rao Posinasetti has said it all, for sure.
Sometimes, I see outstanding contributions, in my opinion, in RG. Utilization of them is very good for various sciences & the mechanism of citation could be done as the Professor explained.
21st Jun, 2014
Asmat Ali
PMAS - Arid Agriculture University
Respected Nageswara Rao Posinasetti,
Sir, thanks for clearing my doubts.
22nd Jun, 2014
Nageswara Rao Posinasetti
University of Northern Iowa
Here is an example of a paper that quotes a lot of threads from RG.
23rd Jun, 2014
Diego Baderna
Mario Negri Institute for Pharmacological Research
I think that the best ways is to insert as personal communication, maybe couplet to a special acknowledgments at the end of the paper/thesis
Hristina Petrova
@Nageswara: Thank you for referring to the paper where RG Q&A sections are quoted, and for referring to the APA style guide incl. a particular example! I am glad that social networking is now officially accepted in standards and that people appreciate and incorporate online discussions into their research. I was surprised enough to notice that (my) blog posts were quoted in research papers, so this step is one more in the right direction! I hope to see more papers (and from different areas) quoting online discussions and encounters. In the meantime, my advice is to annotate and archive information you find useful - social networks change, users, posts and whole social or blogging platforms may disappear.
Mohammad Firoz Khan
Jamia Millia Islamia
As blog articles are cited, that is, by giving URAL. Since ResearchGate on a thread has several responses, therefore, to refer a scholar/scientist response have to mention his/her name and also date as a person may have written several interrelated responses apart from giving thread's link.
Krishnan Umachandran
NELCAST
In a progressive research, citing is an important feature of the research....In a literature survey which is the prime part of knowledge source for a research project.
Citing recognizes both the researcher and the fore-runner for search on the same project. It creates a positive teaming of intellectual search -seek - satisfaction .
Janina Maria Wiertlewska
Nicolaus Copernicus University
Krishnan,@ What an intereting diagram! Thanks a lot. It'll be very helpful in writing about my research.
Krishnan Umachandran
NELCAST
@ Janina
Best wishes to your research... this model forms part of the article (in the process) titled manufacturing KM - data science.
Roberta Ross
Krishnan@, a diagram to think about when I get bogged down in APA format. My thoughts, beyond giving credit to the originator......we are living in an age of information explosion. With this kind of growth, there will be growing pains in citations. Following old digital links can be a problem; and for those interested in historical information, the DOI number becomes very important. With the current ease of translations, I think we need to look at an international uniform citation methodology-it is the right thing to do!
Krishnan Umachandran
NELCAST
@ Roberta
I agree with you on the retrieval and traceability through DOI etc.....
IT age has given more pro and cons to citation... many a times there are more stringent protections a creator of a Knowledge resource needs to do it.....
Please the enclosed link to infer the protection on Knowledge resources is also increasing...
Janina Maria Wiertlewska
Nicolaus Copernicus University
Krishnan@ once again, many thanks. Your sort of reasoning speaks to my mind and i find it very helpful.
2nd Jul, 2014
Chithan C Kandaswami
University at Buffalo, The State University of New York
Regarding this issue, I also consider that a reasonable and effective solution may be of the nature of a "personal communication", which has been floated above in a response, conveying a significant point, either as a conjuncture or an experimental observation (some times as unpublished information). Permission from the presumed originator in Research Gate is must, as accreditation is of paramount importance, particularly in the age of, to use informal terminology, "reinventing the wheel". Certain comments here, at RG forums, appear to be informative and insightful, as voiced above.
2nd Jul, 2014
Krishnan Umachandran
NELCAST
@ Chithan - Obtaining permission is correct....
At time during literature survey, citing a research could be confusing in a similar research area (where some inputs or concepts or finding could be common)
Deleted profile
My friend Nageswara have said it all. I agree with him. I think each answer or comment in the RG should be given a unique number
2nd Jul, 2014
Chithan C Kandaswami
It is an intriguing idea!
2nd Jul, 2014
Chithan C Kandaswami
 Krishnan : Thank you.
I do appreciate your point.  As far as the endeavor of science, and associated conventions are concerned, investigators usually would have left no stone unturned, and would have striven to uncover all possible citations at a time when literature searches were laborious and were manually performed some three decades ago. We find the issue of assigning prior observation or accreditation becoming thorny, paradoxically with the voluminous mining resources on hand at unparalleled levels. Immunology at least is an area where this had perpetuated; looking at certain cases, accreditation, most soberly and woefully,   had possibly become anathema, even though the process is a coping stone in the dissemination of information.  
Reginald – I have articulated a position above for your question of prior permission from the originator (regarding ascribing ideas, reasoning and theorization, and philosophy, to the presumptive originator in question ; similar is the proposition advanced by certain individual (s) here, preceding my anwer. I presume that this might be shared by several membes.  To wit, words fewer than one may be of enormous significance indeed (two words, “hydrated form”, would be making a  world of difference in the nexus of the three dimensional structure of DNA).  Thank you.
3rd Jul, 2014
Krishnan Umachandran
NELCAST
@ Chithan, Fully agree with you on "find the issue of assigning prior observation or accreditation becoming thorny, paradoxically with the voluminous mining resources on hand at unparalleled levels"
3rd Jul, 2014
Reginald L. Bell
Prairie View A&M University
Thank you very much Chithan. Moreover, everyone's posts have been very helpful. Given the fluid changes to ResearchGate, citing authors who post ideas seems to be an evolving challenge.
3rd Jul, 2014
Raidell Avello Martínez
University of Cienfuegos
I fully agree to cite important ideas that researchers do at ResearchGate and other social networks, are indisputable sources of knowledge and they should be regulated in all styles like APA, Harvard, Chicago, Vancouver, etc. 
I agree with the Nageswara Rao Posinasetti example citation:
Saini, Debi (2014, May 26). What are the best methods to introduce concepts of sustainability to all? [Msg 11]. Message posted athttps://www.researchgate.net/post/What_are_the_best_methods_to_introduce_concepts_of_sustainability_to_all
Fragment from: Purdue OWL: APA Formatting and Style Guide
Online Forum or Discussion Board Posting
Include the title of the message, and the URL of the newsgroup or discussion board. Please note that titles for items in online communities (e.g. blogs, newsgroups, forums) are not italicized. If the author's name is not available, provide the screen name. Place identifiers like post or message numbers, if available, in brackets. If available, provide the URL where the message is archived (e.g. "Message posted to..., archived at...").
Frook, B. D. (1999, July 23). New inventions in the cyberworld of toylandia [Msg 25]. Message posted to http://groups.earthlink.com/forum/messages/00025.html
Deleted profile
Thank you for the link dear Raidell
3rd Jul, 2014
Aiman Eid Al-Rawajfeh
Tafila Technical University
If you talk about some one, you cite it as "Al-Rawajfeh, private communication", so I suggest to cite it as "Al-Rawajfeh, RG commumication, June 2nd, 2014"
Jaleed Syed Ahmad
Nusrat Jahan College Rabwah Chenab Nagar District Chiniot.
Could we write it as personal communication?
Deleted profile
Yes we could dear Jaleed!
Janina Maria Wiertlewska
Nicolaus Copernicus University
Dear Kamal and Jaleed, I  agree with your statement that it could be written as personal communication.
21st Jul, 2014
Nageswara Rao Posinasetti
University of Northern Iowa
Though there is nothing wrong in quoting it as Personal Communication, it will not provide an opportunity for the reader to visit and get further details from that communication. As an online forum citing method helps the people to visit and explore further. The only problem is if the thread is available in RG or not. How long RG will keep them available after all interest in the thread disappears is a question that need to be answered by RG?
Deleted profile
Very important question dear Nageswara!!! The material should be available all time on the web and should not be deleted for any reason
21st Jul, 2014
Reginald L. Bell
Prairie View A&M University
This is true because authors can edit and delete comments at any time. This is problematic for citations from a ResearchGate thread, unless there is a way to archive and make permanent a comment made within a thread.
21st Jul, 2014
Nageswara Rao Posinasetti
University of Northern Iowa
That is a good point Dear Kamal and Reginald. May we can update the reference by specifying the date of access. At least that makes the author true. If the comment modified or deleted later the author is not responsible.
Saini, Debi (2014, May 26). What are the best methods to introduce concepts of sustainability to all? [Msg 11]. Message posted at https://www.researchgate.net/post/What_are_the_best_methods_to_introduce_concepts_of_sustainability_to_all; Accessed on June 13, 2014.
23rd Jul, 2014
Dr. Kalpana R
Srimad Andavan Arts & Science College(Autonomous )
I agree your point as the same @ Kamal Eddin Bani-Hani & Reginald L. Bell. 
Janina Maria Wiertlewska
Nicolaus Copernicus University
Kalpana R. @ I absolutely agree with you concerning Kamal and Reginald L. Bell
Noureddine Ouerfelli
University of Tunis El Manar; Institut Supérieur des Technologies Médicales de Tunis
I agree the same; and add: be careful, even RG can delete some writing which is not in the norm after certain time..
You can see for example, sometimes one number of questions for an RG member, and, when you try to accede to all questions, you find that one or two are hidden !
Pablo J Castro
University of La Serena
Maybe like an personal comunication (APA), be a simple and universal form.  Because is just one commnet or one author. 
Eliab Z. Opiyo
St. Joseph University
Keep the title of the threads  permanently available online. Authors can then include the title and URL as part of bibliographical data. Content may be updated. 
Shukri Fetahu
University of Prishtina. Prishtina, Kosova
Only through sources of publication, (sources of publication, authors and title ...!
Fredrick Ishengoma
Dodoma University
I  concur with Dr.Nageswara. Thanks for useful post.
Deleted profile
21st Jan, 2018
Harry Barton Essel
Mothana Ali Khalil
University of Anbar
thank you for all for nice information
Eshetie Berhan
Addis Ababa Institute of Technology
I recommend to use as online forum and discussion. It is customer these days many forums available online and they are a good sources of information.
Cam Caldwell
Interesting question!
I would recommend against citing Research Gate. Personal communication with the author of the idea would be far better. Better still would be a reputable source (i.e., an academic document published in a highly regarded journal or book).
Cam
Amar Hameed
KTO Karatay Univeristy
I don't think that the RG is suitable to be a reference for a scientific work. I recommend that it should be only personal communication. This comment is a guide for the future work only but cannot be a reference. If we consider the comments as a reference, we should consider the comments of reviewers as a reference also.
Alex Clay Cushley
Royal Military College of Canada
It was just pointed out to me that this question existed already. This was something I had also wondered about 2 years ago (https://www.researchgate.net/post/What_is_the_proper_way_to_cite_contributions_made_to_a_Research_Gate_question?view=5b0eadbec68d6b6a3e3f0285). I have since published papers and used the following format to cite the discussion/question in the text, but not as part of the bibliography, "(contributor name1; contributor name2, personal communication, year)”.
Filippo Pesapane
IEO - Istituto Europeo di Oncologia
Nice question, I usually cite the URL as well
2nd Oct, 2018
Amar Hameed
KTO Karatay Univeristy
I also would recommend against citing Research Gate.
3rd Oct, 2018
Ashok Karan
Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur
Research leading to innovation may be with standard references is suitable for Research Gate.
Osei Yaw Akoto
I like the discussion. Now there are two camps: those for citing RG and those against. RG is a platform for academics and scholars from varied disciplines, and so I think their views are worthy of citation into any academic publication. Increasingly, I see writers cite from Wikipaedia. And I rate RG over and above Wikipaedia in terms of quality and credibility of information. I therefore think that, what matters, as has been asked, is the best way to cite from RG.
Ashok Karan
Every body may generalized some concept and idea from comments and discussion of Research gate and ln research.paper standard references related to this discussion may be presented in the paper..
1st Dec, 2018
Emmanuel Ifeanyi Obeagu
Michael Okpara University of Agriculture, Umudike
Dear, extract the detail of the authours, volume, issue, page numbers of the Journal that published the work and follow the style of the Journal you want to submit your paper to make your reference.
23rd Dec, 2018
Michael W. Marek
Wayne State College
The focus of academic writing should be citations and references to other scholarly peer-reviewed work. Obviously, it is also sometimes appropriate to cite other sources, particularly for factual information.
If a RG comment is really only an inspiration, maybe it is better to go find a peer-reviewed source for the same idea, now that your RG friend has called your attention to it.
Deleted profile
Not all comments are suitable to cite.. Search for the idea in peer review sources
Michael W. Marek
Wayne State College
Page 215 of the APA manual 6th edition uses this example:
Smith, S. (2006, January 5). Re: Disputed estimates of 0 [Electronic mailing
list message]. Retrieved from http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group
/ForensicNetwork/message/670
I think you could replace "electronic mailing list message" with "online forum post" or "Researchgate forum post."
23rd Apr, 2019
Emad Kamil Hussein
Al-Furat Al-Awsat Technical University
Emad Kamil Hussein
Al-Furat Al-Awsat Technical University
You may use one of the most popular four citation methods like APA.
Harasit Kumar Paul
Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujib Medical University
I agree with Michael W. Marek.
Abbas Nasir
Southeast University (China)
Sir, I cant open your given link. Emad Kamil Hussein
Niaz Hussain Keerio
Ministry of Health, United Arab Emirates
my friend who uploaded his papers on the research gate has so many citations but I have no citation although I also upload all my papers. we are from same hospital and only little difference in all articles , kindly guide me what should I don ,
Wolfgang H. Muss
Paracelsus Medical University Salzburg
Abbas Nasir , Emad Kamil Hussein and others: unfortunately the cited link >www source www. (citationmachine) .com < - used / applied / accessed directly from my iPhone signalized a potent dangerous site (insinuating infection by virus and destroying the operating system. I am able to communicate this after some minute, so i do hope that my iPhone system has been protected sufficiently from viral infection... This said/written only to warn others to try the link... shall see what happens when trying to access by means of more severely protected PC....
Wolfgang H. Muss
Paracelsus Medical University Salzburg
Again, to Emad Kamil Hussein , Abbas Nasir and others: when clicking the above mentioned website [www. (citationmachine) .com] using my well protected home-PC i ended up with
<https://www.make-money-athome.club/landers/de_btc_code_de/index-dc.php?lpkey=162e05b3261d54a931&uclick=17scu3qe&uclickhash=17scu3qe-17scu3qe-gxi4-0-h9hq-ghrn-ghbg-da3fb2> which purports to belong to 'ZEIT-Online' in its headline (otherwise a serious kind of online-journal) but tries to persuade visitor to take part in big money-making/earnings investing into BIT-coin(s)... I'd rather aadvise anybody against to do so....(;-||
Shrikaant Kulkarni
Adjunct Professor, Vishwakarma University, Pune, India
Check for the semblance of that comment with some published research work of the comment maker or other researcher to cite.
Joseph Robertshaw
University of Alabama in Huntsville
Here is a source that I trust.
it can be adapted to other citation styles but this one is APA-
They keep moving the links around so here is an update:
Frook, B. D. (1999, July 23). New inventions in the cyberworld of toylandia [Msg 25]. Message posted to https://groups.earthlink.com/forum/messages/00025.html
Thomas Glonek
University of Illinois at Chicago
I have been doing the following, and it seems to work: Enter the comment as a quotation into your text followed by a reference marker, e.g., a number or author and date. In the references, fill in the author, date, and title (if these exist) similar to a standard citation for a scientific paper, followed by the link shown by ResearchGate to the specific entry. When you are finished, copy the link into Word, etc., and test the link to be certain the link takes the reader to the proper location.
Alternatively, cite the quotation as a "personal communication," which is not acceptable in some journals.
2nd Mar, 2021
Prolay Paul
Narayana Hrudayalaya Hospitals
I agree with Michael W. Marek
Ghulam Md Ashraf
King Abdulaziz University
RG papers can be cited like any other paper. It appears in zotero associated popular referencing software like Endnote.
Srinivas Kasulla
Arka Brenstech Private Limited
Reginald L. Bell interesting question and already the experts have answered this and i do agree with most of the views shared here with
Gregg W. Etter
University of Central Missouri
I agree with Joseoh, APA is established and the most accepted style in the social sciences.
Naomi Likumbo
University of Cape Town
I also agree with those who say that RG papers can be cited just as any other paper using referencing styles. Though APA is commonly sed in social sciences.
Aleksandra Galkina
Институт программных средств А.К.Айламазяна РАН, A. K. Aylamazyan Institute of software tools of the Russian Academy of Sciences
But the social sciences are also SCIENCE, so analogies are permissible
Justo Pastor Lambare
Universidad Nacional de Asunción-FACEN
The question was about citing a comment. I would like to know how to cite a paper or pre-print that is in ResearchGate. I mean does it have a DOI?
Aleksandra Galkina
In my experience, a doi is assigned to a publication at the publication stage, either in electronic/networked form or as a hard copy.
Justo Pastor Lambare
Universidad Nacional de Asunción-FACEN
Thank you. I guess one can copy the link instead.
Wolfgang H. Muss
Paracelsus Medical University Salzburg
One is able to request a DOI from ResearchGate (at least as to my knowledge) but you/one might be able to find the terms on ResearchGate website how to apply for assignement of a DOI😎. If there is demand for citing an RG-comment (… a specific thread or a specific answer) this will turn out to be a bit different because
i) sometimes it has happened and will occur that answers are deleted (which cause ever: by RG, by author) without any special notification about such action and / or
ii) there is no ‚numbering’ of answers/replies in RG-, and a fixed & correct date is only assigned after one week. >>Corrected last line: End of available space … as sent by my iPhone
Aleksandra Galkina
The RG is an online resource. Online resources are referred to by indicating the text reference and the date of reference to the text: e.g:
Linda Mayfield
John Wood Community College
The answer to that is completely dependent on the standard you must use for your writing. Different standards have different rules for citing. In Australia, you must follow the rules of the "Style guide." In the US, newspapers use Chicago Style. Universities might require Turabian (which is based on Chicago Style) in the English department and APA (American Psychological Association) in all the social sciences and nursing. Medical schools might require AMA (American Medical Association, which is also based on Chicago Style.) Find out the standard required for the purpose of your writing and base the citation of RG on that standard's rules. I'm a professional editor as well as an educator, and I always insist that my clients and I start by determining what their formatting standard is.
Kadria Motaal
The American University in Cairo
is research gate considered a credible source
Justo Pastor Lambare
Universidad Nacional de Asunción-FACEN
Of course not, and It is not supposed to be. I do not know if it is even moderated.
However, I find it useful as a reference and for discussions. You can find in here crackpot material and serious research as well.
Kadria Motaal
The American University in Cairo
Thank you.
Rubén Corvalán
National University of the Northeast
The credibility of the source depends on the author of it.
Irina Mikhailovna Pechonkina
University of Jordan
It's the best social platform. We must cite it everywhere.
Karim Tanji
Managem Group
I think you can't do it because RG is not like Scopus..... RG is just a scientific social media
Aleksandra Galkina
I agree with Karim Tanji! I've tried all sorts of quotes, and each time it's been a variant that doesn't satisfy me because of the ambiguity of the comment reference. The RG network is "lame" in this part.
Alex Clay Cushley
Royal Military College of Canada
Karim Tanji and Aleksandra Galkina, it's no less credible than citing an email or conversation and should just be cited as a "personal communication with author's name; date" and a URL should be provided to the RG question/discussion from which the idea arose if applicable.
Aleksandra Galkina
Hi Alex Clay Cushley! So the whole problem is the url, as you can't specify it for a specific comment, but only - for the whole feed. It's not called quoting.
Alex Clay Cushley
Royal Military College of Canada
Aleksandra Galkina, the Question is how to “cite”, not “quote”. The specific comment is easily searchable by including the author’s name [personal communication; Aleksandra Galkina, 2022]. A URL to an entire thread with the author of the relevant comment as a personal communication is no different than a URL to any other electronic source and likely easier to search than a more traditional reference such as an entire textbook.
Galkina, Aleksandra. What is the best way to cite a ReasearchGate comment in an academic paper?, 14 Feb 2022. Available from: https://www.researchgate.net/post/What_is_the_best_way_to_cite_a_ReasearchGate_comment_in_an_academic_paper#view=620a5a47910a0f33e17f0c47.
Aleksandra Galkina
Alex Clay Cushley! Experts will tell you that in a properly organised feed, every comment has a specific link. And looking up a particular author and a particular comment "manually" in a years-long discussion thread is not in keeping with modern technology.

Chapter
When should your writing express confidence, and when should it be tentative? When should you be assertive, and when deferential? An implicit set of linguistic conventions governs academic writing. This is the “academic hedge”, regarded as critical to scientific discourse and readily (even unconsciously) performed by the experienced writer, but dif...
Presentation
The goal of this presentation is to make postgraduates and young researchers aware of certain elements in academic research writing such as the use of tenses throughout the whole research project and sentence types. This presentation also highlights some needful linguistic structures to consider, and some common errors to avoid. It provides some he...