Question
Asked 6th Mar, 2022

What is is the simplest way to setup a local rdf triple store with SPARQL endpoint?

For learning SPARQL it might be useful to have full control over both the query text and the data (RDF triples). While there are many public SPARQL endpoints available their data is typically read-only for obvious reasons. To actively apply SPARQL queries to ones own data, a local triple store might be useful, e.g. for reproducing the examples from https://www.w3.org/TR/rdf-sparql-query/.
However, setting up such an infrastructure with all its dependencies might be complicated.
Question: What is the simplest¹ way to setup a local triple store with SPARQL endpoint on a usual PC?
(¹: The meaning of "simplest" depends on ones system configuration and prior knowledge, which can be reflected by different answers.)
If one has already an up-to-date Python environment, then https://github.com/vemonet/rdflib-endpoint provides a simple solution with only two commands
  • pip install rdflib-endpoint (run once)
  • rdflib-endpoint serve <path_to_your_triple-file(s)>
  • →Access the YASGUI SPARQL editor on http://localhost:8000
However, I am interested which alternative solutions there are.

21st Mar, 2022
Marilena Daquino
University of Bologna
My favourite is Blazegraph (not maintained anymore though)
Download the jar file and from command line launch it with one line
NB. It requires Java to be installed!
2nd Apr, 2022
Anelia Kurteva
Delft University of Technology
An option is to download the free version of GraphDB and use locally. It comes with a SPARQL endpoint and visualisation features to explore your linked data.
Pasquale Lisena
EURECOM
Do you have Docker on your computer? If so, just choose a triplestore and setup an instance with a 1-line command.
Some examples:

How do I get individuals in protege by SPARQL?
Question
  • Saba GhashghaeeSaba Ghashghaee
I am using protege for creating an ontology, actually I downloaded an existence ontology and add some subclasses and individuals in it. now I try to set a prefix for that in this shape:
it is the original ontology not that I changed so it didnt work. how can I set PREFIX from my local computer? is it possible or I should upload it somewhere?
second I want to query in protege using SPARQL tab in it, I want to 1) get individuals of a class 2) get direct class of an individual. I mean his first parent not in hierarchy. I try it with rdf:type it dident work(maybe bcz of false PREFIX!) any idea for getting individual and class of another individual? thanks in advance

RDF data can be analyzed with various query languages such as SPARQL. However, due to their nature these query languages do not support fuzzy queries that would allow us to extract a broad range of additional information. In this article we present a new method that transforms the information presented by subject-relation object relations within RD...
Chapter
Linked lists represent a countable number of ordered values, and are among the most important abstract data types in computer science. With the advent of RDF as a highly expressive knowledge representation language for the Web, various implementations for RDF lists have been proposed. Yet, there is no benchmark so far dedicated to evaluate the perf...
ClioPatria is a comprehensive semantic web development framework based on SWI-Prolog. SWI-Prolog provides an efficient C-based main-memory RDF store that is designed to cooperate naturally and efficiently with Prolog, realizing a flexible RDF-based environment for rule based programming. ClioPatria extends this core with a SPARQL and LOD server, an...