Question
Asked 13th Dec, 2021

What are the good references for Delphi study?

I would like to know any good management/accounting articles or methodology books that have used or explained the Delphi method? Thank you!

Leandro Silvério
Instituto Tecnologico de Aeronautica
Hello, please take a look at this research. These statistical coefficients are used for determining the conformity or reliability of experts' evaluations, and the Kendall coefficient with a value greater than or equal to 0.7 was considered as the stopping index for the procedure of the Delphi method.

Sourav Prasad
Indian Institute of Mangement Bodh Gaya
Sebastian Lins
Karlsruhe Institute of Technology
Hi,
we used Delphi in our recent paper in the information systems discipline:
I particulary liked the following references:
  • Schmidt, R. C. (1997). Managing delphi surveys using nonparametric statistical techniques. Decision Sciences, 28(3), 763–774.
  • Okoli, C., & Pawlowski, S. D. (2004). The delphi method as a research tool: An example, design considerations and applications. Information & Management, 42(1), 15–29.
  • Piccinini, E., Hanelt, A., Gregory, R., & Kolbe, L. (2015). Transforming industrial business. Proceedings of the International Conference on Information Systems. Fort Worth, USA.
all the best,
Sebastian
Olga Myagkova
Kyiv International University
Hi, we can used
Prasnikar Dalija, Prasnikar Neven. Delphi Memory Management: For Classic And ARC Compilers. CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform, 2018. 406 p.
Linstone Harold (ed.). The Delphi Method Techniques and Applications. Portland USA : Portland State University.,2002. 618 p.
Leandro Silvério
Instituto Tecnologico de Aeronautica
Leandro Silvério
Instituto Tecnologico de Aeronautica

Can a publisher ignore correspondence and publish after withdrawing submission?
Question
  • Mohamed Jameel AlsaffarMohamed Jameel Alsaffar
Hello everyone.
I am in an incredibly bizarre situation. I will not mention the names of people I communicated with, but I will mention the publisher and the journal because I feel like I am experiencing a lame scam.
Earlier this year, I submitted my article to a journal called the International Journal of Virtual and Augmented Reality (IJVAR), and the publisher is IGI Global.
I communicated with someone from the journal but didn't receive any response after two weeks. I tried to view my submission on the IGI Global website, and it has a technical issue, in which it shows from a drop-down-menu that I have (1) article; however, when I click on it, the page displays a message that I do not have any submitted articles.
After a month, I sent an email to withdraw my submission because there was no communication and due to the website's issue.
After another month, an editor from the journal reached out to me to say that he is interested in my article and will begin the revision process. I told him that I had requested to withdraw my submission, and he accepted it and said that he is a new editor who is still figuring things out. It is important to emphasize that I finally got a response after I sent an email, and it turns out that I was emailing a journal that was going through a change of editors. Nobody from that journal nor any employee from IGI Global was responding to my emails.
In October, the same editor sent me an email telling me to work on revising my article that's on IGI's website. I sent an email reminding him that I had already informed him that he had accepted my withdrawal. But I did not receive anything back, and I feel that it is much easier to communicate with ghosts and summon spirits than communicating with anyone from IGI.
Now, I just received an email from the Development Editor for IGI Global congratulating me that my article got accepted and that I need to work on the revisions and make the final edits before 28 December. I was not even able to view my article, let alone edit it! I sent a response email but didn't hear back. I emailed IGI's editors' email address and heard nothing from them. Could it be they're ignoring my response emails to forcefully publish my article? Such a ridiculous mess.
Does creating accounts for potential reviewers without permission violate GDPR requirements?
4 replies
  • Sebastian LinsSebastian Lins
Dear all,
Frequently my colleagues and myself receive invitations to review articles submitted to journals or conferences. Very often, corresponding editors create an account for us in a certain submission system to foster the review process.
However, the editor needs to enter my personal data into these submission systems, most often my email address, name, and maybe also information about my personal expertise, or conflict of interests.
According to my experience, some editors do not ask in advance whether I’m confident with submitting these personal data into a submission system (maybe some system I’ve never heard about). I have then no idea about how the system processes my data. I’m wondering whether creating an account by using my personal data without my active consent (i.e., permission or instruction to do so) actually violates the GDPR requirements?
While I highly acknowledge that a thorough review process is fundamental for the scientific community, I have some concerns regarding the practice of using my personal data without permission. If my assumptions are correct (at least to a certain degree) than editors should be more cautious because creating accounts without permission can then fire back to them.
Do you have any thoughts on this issue? Maybe some legal experts can comment on, or substantiate or reject my assumptions.
All the best
Sebastian
What Delphi Method online tools are there?
Question
  • Leng SongLeng Song
Hi there,
Can anyone recommend a Delphi method online tool that I can use? 
Mesydel.com has been recommended but you are not able to download it. 
I have been recommended http://armstrong.wharton.upenn.edu/delphi2/ as well although the website is less user friendly than I would like.
Any other suggestions?
Thanks.
L

Recommendations

One of the most proper procedures to reach purposes and targets in the studies is the Delphi methodology and the reason that differ this method from other methods is its ability to present a procedure to solicit and get consensus by professionals in the extent of emerging subject as while ameliorating problematic group developments like bias and pr...