Question
Asked 23rd Mar, 2014

What is the role of GPU in gaming?

I want to explore applications of GPU and particularly, I am interested in learning about harnessing GPU's capabilities in gaming.

Buntsss Meena
National Institute of Technology, Hamirpur
I love it.I love to play FIFA 18.

Francisco Inacio
University of Hull
GPUs are powerful hardware components that let you run algebra calculations much more efficiently and in parallel. Thus, GPUs are used for physics calculations and lighting evaluations, which means they basically compute most of what you see in a game. You should want to use GPUs full potential when doing 3D graphics, because of their efficiency, rather than rely too much on the general-purpose hardware piece that you call CPU.

Abdullah A. Mohammed
Elsevier B.V.
hi:
as i know : GPU quality depend on a limited factors . GPU clock , shader and bus width are the most important factors but the memory not very important because it can shared with ram . many companies state the size of the GPU memory as a traditional Fake . U can test this by GPU app.
Francisco Inacio
University of Hull
Abdullah A. Mohammed
Elsevier B.V.
I agree with Mr.Franoisco and I add that GPU more efficient in the tasks that depend on the probabilities . the Games built on the probabilities , what happen if You select this way or that way and what happen if you shoot in this point or not if you increase the speed what the enemy or the environment do , and on so on.

Conference Paper
The scan primitives are powerful, general-purpose data-parallel primitives that are building blocks for a broad range of applications. We describe GPU implementations of these primitives, specifically an efficient formulation and implementation of segmented scan ,o n NVIDIA GPUs using the CUDA API. Using the scan primitives, we show novel GPU imple...
The study of data-parallel domain re-organization and thread-mapping techniques are relevant topics as they can increase the efficiency of GPU computations when working on spatial discrete domains with non-box-shaped geometry. In this work we study the potential benefits of applying a succint data re-organization of a tetrahedral data-parallel doma...