Question
Asked 24th Nov, 2018

What is the future of vehicle renting industry in the changing digital scenario ?

It may be car rentals or bike rentals or even auto rentals , what is future of this industry when new modifications and innovations are happening

31st Oct, 2020
Vadym Slyusar
Central Scientific Research Insitute of Armaments and Military Equipment of Armed Forces of Ukraine
It will be the rent of full autonomy vehicles (UGVs)

Popular answers (1)

Martin McKie
Jaguar Land Rover Limited
Hi There Shince,
I went to a IET lecture at the beginning of the year which discussed autonomous vehicles. It talked about the advancements, challenges, etc.
One thing that was interesting was the suggestion that in the future people wouldn’t own cars and that car ownership could become a thing of the past. I need to find some literature to send you. However, it said something along the lines that cars currently spend 90% of there time parked up, not in use. The lecture talked about the rise of Uber and saying that there is potential in the future not to own a car due to their expense but to utilise autonomous vehicles more effectively i.e. effectively rent or pay fares on autonomous vehicles which then drive you to work, whilst you do other things I.e. answer emails, prepare for the day. Let me find some material and send it over.
I am assuming this is along the lines of your question? As technology progresses how will it affect ownership I.e renting, etc.
Regards
Martin

Hadi Raheem Ibrahim
Al-Furat Al-Awsat Technical University
the question is not obvious.
Martin McKie
Jaguar Land Rover Limited
Hi There Shince,
Regards
Martin
Martin McKie
Jaguar Land Rover Limited
Hi Shince,
Please see the article below:
THE TRAVEL AND ENVIRONMENTAL IMPLICATIONS OF SHARED AUTONOMOUS VEHICLES, USING AGENT-BASED MODEL SCENARIOS:
Regards
Martin
Martin McKie
Jaguar Land Rover Limited
Hi Shince,
I’ve found these other articles:
1. Self drive cars and the end of car ownership:
2. Why driverless cars will mostly be shared not owned:
3. Will self driving cars end the big automakers:
4. Shared autonomous vehicles and their potential impacts on household vehicle ownership: An exploratory empirical assessment:
Hopefully they will give you something to go off and assist your ongoing research.
All the Best
Martin
Shince Thomas
Kristu Jayanti College
Martin McKie I am so happy for reply. The information you provide surely enriched me and looking forward for more resource discussions.
Martin McKie
Jaguar Land Rover Limited
Hi Shince,
No problem, if you ever want to discuss PM me. If I see any other resources I’ll let you know.
All the Best
Martin
Dariusz Prokopowicz
Cardinal Stefan Wyszynski University in Warsaw
In my opinion, the developing information technologies ICT and Industry 4.0 create new opportunities for the vehicle rental industry. Perhaps in the future, a system of autonomous (or so far non-autonomous) electric car rentals will develop through a smartphone application. Similar solutions are currently being developed in the field of electric scooters and bicycles rental. Greetings,
Dariusz Prokopowicz
31st Oct, 2020
Vadym Slyusar

Automobile industry is striving for improvement in design and to provide high speed vehicles with passenger comfort. Riders comfortbecomes a very important issue for new developed modern vehicles. Quarter-car model is being used for years to study the car dynamics.The present work is carried out to investigate performance of vehicles in terms ride...
Current market figures from Europe seem to indicate that recently introduced free-floating car sharing (FFCS) systems can be a breakthrough for the car sharing idea. Regardless of their success, FFCS systems face significant regional demand fluctuations, raising the need for vehicle relocations with novel requirements for the product–service system...
Velocity production in the absence of speedometer information is investigated as a function of car size. In the first experiment three vehicles of different size were supplied by the experimenters; in experiment two a different sample of drivers used their own vehicles. In both experiments subjects performed under normal and auditory attenuated con...