Question
Asked 6th Mar, 2020

What is the best cell membrane marker for live cell imaging?

Hi!
I would like to know if someone has experience using cell membrane markers for live cell imaging.
I have tried with WGA AF680 combined with Hoechst and my results are not convincing. I cannot see the membranes really good... and I found an enormous bleaching.
I also have in my lab DRAQ5... so, I don't know if I should try with another red marker or if it would be better to combine DRAQ5 with a blue cell membrane marker.
Could you tell me your opinions and experience with this?
Thank you very much

Chapter
As outlined in Section 2.3.1, Boyle and Conway further developed the basic concepts of Traube and Donnan, but especially those of Netter and Mond, and offered for the first time a general theory for the asymmetrical ionic distribution of living cells. In this theory, small ions like K+ and Cl- distribute across the cell membrane according to a Donn...
Spezielle Glykolipide verankern eukaryotische Proteine an der äußeren Zellmembran. Bislang ist jedoch wenig über die Funktionen dieser Glykosylphosphatidylinositole bekannt. Erkenntnisse über ihre biologischen Eigenschaften lassen sich mit synthetischen Molekülen gewinnen.
The chromatophores of Rhodospirillum molischianum originate de novo from the cytoplasmic membrane. Their laminar membranes arise by invagination of the cytoplasmic membrane and these have a circular shape. 5–15 of these membranes are piled up to form the chromatophores. Probably, the membranes of the chromatophores remain always connected with the...