Question
Asked 1st Apr, 2020

Thesis Topic Selection: Current Issues in Software Project Management?

Dear all,
I am a student of Master of Business Administration and I have to submit a thesis for the completion my degree. I am trying to understand the current issues faced in the field of Project Management so I can align my research topic accordingly and be able to contribute.
Your suggestions are required to will help me unfold the hurdles and issues faced in Project Management.
Thank you in advance.
Regards,
Priyanka Prabhakaran

project management issues are
1. high competitive market
2. globalization
3. lack of skilled talented for project
4. digitalizationi.e. infrastructure issues.
Major Issues in Software Engineering Project ... - IEEE Xplore

2nd Apr, 2020
Dalton Cézane Gomes Valadares
Instituto Federal de Educação, Ciência e Tecnologia de Pernambuco (IFPE)
I think you can explore how project managers are dealing with technical debts or what they are expecting of team members' soft skills. Or, maybe, explore something related to risk management.
Best regards.
2nd Apr, 2020
Manolo Palao
Universitat Oberta de Catalunya
I would differentiate between ‘SW project mgmt’ and ‘SW development methods’. Both combine somehow in any SW development initiative.
About ‘SW project mgmt’, PMI’s PMBOK covers all that’s needed and more than what’s usually affordable.
About ‘SW development methods’ —waterfall, V, prototyping, Agile (Scrum, Kanban. etc.) and many others— there’s a lot of literature available reflecting the evolution from the basically sequential waterfall to the modern Agile approaches and the way different organizations tackle them.
Agile is widely used, but many large old companies are still lagging in its adoption, due to organizational and cultural issues amongst other reasons.
DevOps is a singular approach since it combines development and operations, thus introducing a third element.
There’s no a ‘one-fits-all solution’, so you have a wide scope for choosing the subject of your dissertation.
Best!
2nd Apr, 2020
Dr Muhammad Hamid
University of Veterinary and Animal Sciences
Hello,
Dear Priyanka,
In SPM, you can work on agile methodology that is very hot topic in these days. Especially distributed agile (Scrum) development team face various problems during project development. For this purpose, you can propose new approach OR conducted survey and identify the critical aspect in your country context.
project management issues are
1. high competitive market
2. globalization
3. lack of skilled talented for project

Conference Paper
Software project management is the art and science of planning and leading software projects. It is a sub-discipline of project management in which software projects are planned, implemented, monitored and controlled. Software Project managed based on models (Example Waterfall Model, Incremental Build Model, etc,). Software Project contains differe...
This paper analyses the specifics of m-applications development projects. Even though m-application development projects have their particular features and need customized approaches, still we find that legacy and proven best practices project management techniques can be successfully employed. We present two proven software project management tech...