Question
Asked 10th Aug, 2011
  • Ministry of cooperatives, labour and social welfare

"System Dynamics", Yes or Not?

Hello,
I am searching about different methods prevalent for innovation system studies, most of them are discriptive. I found some papers which use "system dynamics" method. They are interesting. But, you know, most of innovation systems theorists don't agree to use it. What do you think? What is your preference? Using Simulation, Yes or Not and Why?

Natasa Jakominic Marot
University of Rijeka
Well, it is not that easy to answer your question. There is a number of studies applying the system dynamics method to innovation system. Whether it makes sense to use it or not will depend on what your aim is. Do you want to evaluate an innovation system, compare several ISs, explore the interactions within the system or something else?
Murat Sartas
Wageningen University & Research
Dear Parisa, 
Here are some of my posters, papers and a chapter, on a data management system (LESARD) designed for agricultural innovation systems modeling and evidence using the LESARD