Question
Asked 8th Mar, 2022

Recommendations for segmentation software for 3D data MRI sets of plant roots?

Could anyone recommend a software that would help segment 3D MRI data sets of plant roots. I am currently working with ImageJ/Fuji and have played around with a number of the built in packages but haven't been able to produce the results I would like. Ideally I would like to extract information on root number, length, diameter and root volume in a (semi) automated way. Thanks in advance for any recommendations.

Marc W Van Iersel
University of Georgia
If you're willing to use Python, look into the OpenCV or PlantCV packages. There are some good YouTube videos on how to use them.
William Wheeler
Texas A&M University
Thanks Marc! I will look into this.
Marc W Van Iersel
University of Georgia
Sent me an email and I'll introduce you to someone at UGA who does a lot of 3d root system modelling.

Does anybody know how we can download a video from www.jove.com?
Question
  • Vahid AlimardaniVahid Alimardani
Dear friends,
I can download pdf of articles from www.jove.com, but i need video. Is there any especial way or replace website to download their video like you tube converter for you tube?
thanks a lot
-----
As Publons has been merged into Clarivate. Then, how peer review records can be added to author profile?
3 replies
  • Hasanain OdharHasanain Odhar
Previously, I forward peer review credit email to reviews@publons.com to obtain the review record in my profile in Publons. But now after Publons has been merged into clarivate, this method seems not working anymore. Any suggestions or ideas in this regard?

Background Imaging techniques used to measure hippocampal atrophy are key to understanding the clinical progression of Alzheimer's disease (AD). Various semi-automated hippocampal segmentation techniques are available and require human expert input to learn how to accurately segment new data. Our goal was to compare 1) the performance of our automa...