Question
Asked 29th Oct, 2018

Levene's Test in R: getting an error message?

I was using Levene's test to check the equality of variance in R. For this I installed the "car" package. I used the following command in R for this
install.packages("car")
after running this command I got the following message
Installing package into ‘C:/Users/DELL/Documents/R/win-library/3.5’ (as ‘lib’ is unspecified) also installing the dependencies ‘magrittr’, ‘pkgconfig’, ‘R6’, ‘BH’, ‘rematch’, ‘assertthat’, ‘fansi’, ‘utf8’, ‘forcats’, ‘hms’, ‘readr’, ‘cellranger’, ‘zip’, ‘cli’, ‘crayon’, ‘pillar’, ‘rlang’, ‘SparseM’, ‘MatrixModels’, ‘sp’, ‘haven’, ‘curl’, ‘data.table’, ‘readxl’, ‘openxlsx’, ‘tibble’, ‘minqa’, ‘nloptr’, ‘Rcpp’, ‘RcppEigen’, ‘carData’, ‘abind’, ‘pbkrtest’, ‘quantreg’, ‘maptools’, ‘rio’, ‘lme4’
and in this list of dependencies all the packages got installed except "Rcpp" package And after this process, I tried to run the Levenes test and got the following error message
leveneTest(Minimum1 ~ Type) Error in leveneTest(Minimum1 ~ Type) : could not find function "leveneTest"
Please help me on this

Margarita Parraguez
Universidad de Los Lagos
library(reshape2) ok
leveneTest(formula, data, location="median")
leveneTest( data values ~ group, data = xxxx , location="median" )

Alaa Kora
Sinai University
Are you using spss ?
Ivan Jurak
University of Applied Health Sciences
Hi Setiya,
Did you load the package after installing it?
install.packages(“car”)
library(car)
Hope it helps, take care.
Ivan
Parul Setiya
Ivan Jurak ....Yes, I loaded the package after installing it
>install.packages("car")
output: package ‘car’ successfully unpacked and MD5 sums checked
>library(car)
Error: package or namespace load failed for ‘car’ in loadNamespace(j <- i[[1L]], c(lib.loc, .libPaths()), versionCheck = vI[[j]]):
there is no package called ‘Rcpp’
Parul Setiya
Alaa Kora , No I am using R software
Mudassar Umar
University of Karachi
>install.packages("car")
This will install all packages related to Levene's Test . Also include the following library in ur script .
library(reshape2)
Marcin Wojciech Zielonka
Harper Adams University
When Levene's test doesn't work after installing 'car' package, try to install ‘hms’ package before, and try again with installing 'car'.

A basic information carrier in the course of many decades is a package of technological documentation allowing the support of the product correspondence to the requirements specified. For quality continuous improvement it is of-fered to consider a life term of each machine part as a continuous flow of technologies. A hierarchical structure of techn...
Ct1Laser is a simple package, designed to set a number of LaserJet printer operating parameters from pop‐up menus. It can be used without any preliminary study or programming. You can change the parameters without leaving whatever program you are currently using. On the negative side, the package is limited in scope, makes it difficult to store oft...
This report describes an object system called Meroon that runs on top of Scheme. Due to the unavoidable changes that will certainly occur in the future, the user is urged to refer to the documentation packaged with the sources of Meroon. This documentation is guaranteed to be accurate and up to date since parts of it are automatically extracted fro...