Started 25th Feb, 2022

Letter of Russian Scientists

Dear friends,
several hundred Russian scientists published an open letter against the war in the Ukraine: https://trv-science.ru/2022/02/we-are-against-war/ . Below you find an English translation. Please forward this letter as broad as you can to our scientific colleagues all around the world:
We, Russian scientists and scientific journalists, strongly protest against the hostilities launched by the armed forces of our country on the territory of Ukraine. This fatal step leads to huge losses of human life and undermines the foundations of the established system of international security. The responsibility for unleashing a new war in Europe lies entirely with Russia.
There is no rational justification for this war. Attempts to use the situation in Donbass as a pretext for launching a military operation are not credible. It is clear that Ukraine does not pose a threat to the security of our country. The war against it is unfair and, frankly, senseless.
Ukraine has been, and remains, a country close to us. Many of us have relatives, friends and colleagues living in Ukraine. Our fathers, grandfathers and great-grandfathers fought together against Nazism. Unleashing a war for the sake of the geopolitical ambitions of the leadership of the Russian Federation, driven by dubious historiosophical fantasies, is a cynical betrayal of their memory.
We respect Ukrainian statehood, which is based on really working democratic institutions. We treat the European choice of our neighbours with understanding. We are convinced that all problems in relations between our countries can be resolved peacefully.
Having unleashed the war, Russia has condemned itself to international isolation, to the position of a pariah country. This means that we scientists will no longer be able to do our work properly: scientific research is inconceivable without full cooperation with colleagues from other countries. The isolation of Russia from the world means a further cultural and technological degradation of our country, in the complete absence of positive prospects. War with Ukraine is a step to nowhere.
We are bitterly aware that our country, which made a decisive contribution to the victory over Nazism, has now become the instigator of a new war on the European continent. We demand an immediate halt to all military operations directed against Ukraine. We demand respect for the sovereignty and territorial integrity of the Ukrainian state. We demand peace for our countries.

2nd Mar, 2022
Claudio Bozzuto
Wildlife Analysis GmbH, Zurich
Dear colleagues
Sadly, the appeals of several repliers here to de-escalate the discussion seem to have been kind of futile ... Two thoughts:
First, this is not the place to prepare the «Nuremberg trials 2.0»: this should be a place of solidarity! Many ideas have been proposed in the replies on how such solidarity can/should be implemented (and not just mentioned).
Second, we all can follow almost real-time (e.g. on Twitter) how scientific methods and trans-boundary cooperation (INCLUDING Russian people) are being successfully used to cripple the digital infrastructure of the aggressor (PTN). For example, a couple of hours ago, the aggressor’s spy satellite system has been knocked off (think: Enigma during WWII). HOWEVER, let’s not forget what the sorcerer’s apprentice (Goethe) exclaimed:
Sir, my need is sore! Spirits that I've cited my commands ignore!
So, let’s show solidarity with victims of any kind and help alleviate their suffering, right now – let humanitarianism prevail!
Claudio

Popular replies (1)

Jochen Wilhelm
Justus-Liebig-Universität Gießen
I hope there will be a huge civil protest against Putins politics in Russia. He cannot arrest the majority of Russian people. This can be stopped only inside Russia. We can and we will support this with all means. War must end. This is no solution, and the consequence of such a behaviour is, eventually, a war against NATO countries, what will force the NATO to react. But what are the possibilities of an effective intervention? I don't see any. So this will be the end of the story. We either abandon the rights of human beings to shape their lifes in own responsibility (what requires territorial integrity) - something that will happen globally, at least in Europe and Asia - and or we abandon the world alltogether and start a nuclear war. I am desperately searching for another alternative. Right now I don't see any, and this worries me very much.
Germany, well: German people were (and sometimes still are) blamed for not having stopped Hitler and for having followed his evil plans. Once having installed a system of repression, rebellion became very difficult. And yet that would have been the only way to stop the second world war. I see the very same happening in Russia and China and Turkey today. Will we ever learn from history?
EDIT: I remved the sentence "Poland and Hungary are on that way, too.". I wrote this as this is my personal view from the information that I recognized, what is only a small part of the information I could access and tiny part of the information that would be required to get a reliable picture. It expressed my fear that gouvernments control the public, insted of being controlled by the public. I did not want to offend Polish or Hungarian people, but it seems that at least some feel terribly offended, therefore I removed this part. For the sake of peace, we are facing much more difficult problems, and mutually blaming countries for having done this and that is just not getting us on a way leading to solutions.

All replies (706)

Fedor Shkil
Russian Academy of Sciences
Thank you!
Channaveerappa h.dr
DEPT OF STUDIES IN ZOOLOGY uni.of mysore and Yuvaraja's college University of Mysore
War is always an act of destruction,many of the citizens have to lose their life leaving their heir in distress and pushing them in to difficulties which often takes generations to recover.The properties and establishments reflecting the glory of a country will be lost in a few minutes of destructive attacks demolishing the sentiments and love of humanity. It also takes away chances of learning ,
thus the good human resources , through this may remain a waste.
I recommend the appeal on this page and I strongly put my feelings against war ,a crime against humanity.I plead scientists of Russia to stand against war
Anton Vrdoljak
University of Mostar
STOP Wars
Martin Hilmi
Jochen Wilhelm Thank you for publishing this letter on RG. I cannot agree with the letter more and can only but commend the Russian Scientists who wrote and signed this letter. I have seen many peaceful protests in Russia on the news and very sadly many many arrests of peaceful protesters. I just hope, and pray, there are no reprisals and arrests on the way for Russian scientist who agreed to this letter and signed this open letter. My best wishes and full support.
Jose Roberto Rasi
FACCAT
Well done. Thank you.
Jochen Wilhelm
Justus-Liebig-Universität Gießen
Ljubomir Jacić
Technical College Požarevac
Former minister of education and science in Ukraine, has called on academics worldwide to take a stand against Russian President Vladimir Putin’s decision to invade Ukraine...
The academic community can’t keep silence on this unheard-of war. You, academics, know Europe’s history of the 20th century the best, the history of the Second World War and its consequences for Europe and the world. “We call on universities, academic institutions in Europe and around the world to stand up with Ukraine against Putin’s regime, against ruining the fundamentals of peace, security and democracy in Europe and in the world.”
Giuseppe Camerini
Istituto di Istruzione Superiore "Taramelli-Foscolo" - Pavia (Italy)
Well done. Thanks to whom stands up against this invasion.
Marko Popovic
Technische Universität München
On the night of February 23-24, a barbaric act was written into the history of modern civilization. The Russian army has launched an aggressive attack on Ukraine, at night, insidiously, while people were asleep. They were awakened by explosions and sirens - bombs echoed in Kiev, Lviv, Ivano-Frankivsk and other Ukrainian cities, both in the east and in the west of the country.
Today, I wish to express my solidarity with colleagues in Ukraine, their families and friends. I admire their courage, readiness to preserve the dignity of Ukrainian culture at the cost of their lives, as well as to defend its right to exist and authenticity.
I express a strong protest against the violence, which is still happening, despite the condemnation of the entire civilized world. Today, all people of good will are demonstrating on the streets of European and world capitals, determined to stand in the way of the aggression. I would like to support their appeals.
As scientists, we must first and foremost engage in scientific research, but our work cannot be separated from our belief in the fundamental cultural and ethical values ​​of European civilization, because it is these values ​​that inspire us and lead to higher goals.
Duncan McCollin
The University of Northampton
Well done Russian scientists for releasing this statement.
Janderson Alencar
Instituto Nacional de Pesquisas da Amazônia
Nothing justifies the loss of human life and there is no rational justification for this war. I hope for peace and a diplomatic end as soon as possible.
Liliana Giussani
IBODA-CONICET-ANCEFN
Absolutely in agreement with stopping this insensitive war. Peace for all!
Anton Vrdoljak
University of Mostar
"Negotiation and discussion are the greatest weapons we have for promoting peace and development."
~ Nelson Mandela
Giorgio Aimassi
Thanks to our Russian friends, their words are of comfort and reassurance to everyone.
Zbigniew Zając
Medical University of Lublin
🇺🇦
Jochen: Great respect and admiration to Russian subscribers of that letter! But your final remark ("having installed a system of repression ... Poland and Hungary are on that way, too") is - I'm sorry for the words, but no others are appropriate here! - either (if based on ignorance) stupid or simply shabby! Neither in Poland nor in Hungary anything even remotely resembling "system of repression" (except, naturally, against criminals) is installed or even intended, any comparison with Hitler's Germany or Putin's Russia is a shameful slander and, in fact, excuse and support for Putin's style bandits! What really resembles Putin's aggression against Ukraine is, in fact, the incessant (even if, hitherto, not by military means byt by, e.g., "starving out" as suggested by a German representative...) attempts by UE leaders to subdue Poland and Hungary, transform our democratic and sovereign countries into a kind or German colonies, overthrow the democratically (in several successive elections) elected governments and replace them with puppets who will always dance to a Brussels' or Berlin's tune! This, indeed, is Putin's (Hitler's, Stalin's) version of international relations!
Jochen Wilhelm
Justus-Liebig-Universität Gießen
Dear Roman, I think you are confusing two aspects in your response. Bringing justice and press/media under governmental control is very clearly undemocratic and in my little world this is a step towards installing a repressive system. The other point, not linked to this, is the fact that being part of a community means to play after the rules of the community. There is no pressure to participate. Great Britain left the community, and other countries can also leave if they really want. The more difficult way is to contribute constuctively to build up and agree on common rules (and also on moral values, what seems to be even more difficult). I also know that the EU is not perfect and that all members obviousely try to maximize their individual profits. But it's a way towards a more peaceful and fruitful coexistence (central Europe has never been politically as stable as in the last decades!). The problems to come can only be solved together, not against each other.
Jochen: "The problems to come can only be solved together, not against each other" - Yes, indeed, just therefore it is astounding that EU, instead of focusing on solving the real problems, prefers to rise conflicts by inventing fictitious deficiencies in Polish or Hungarian democracy and then fiercely, antidemocratically attacking so created strawmen!
"being part of a community means to play after the rules of the community" - yes, indeed, and just therefore it is astounding that EU plays against the rules laid down by itself: one of such expressedly stated rule is that EU institutions can decide against national constitutions only in those areas expressedly delegated to them in the accession treaty - and e.g. just the regulations of jurisdiction has not only never been so delegated but has been expressedly excluded from the UE competences (what, by the way, has been so intrpreted also by German authorities...)!
Sorry, as a Pole I must have reacted on slandering of my Motherland - but I do not wish and will not continue this discussion any more now: if you wish we can return to it after the situation in Ukraine clarifies, but now I am much more interested in what is going on there than in the idiosyncrasies of Mr. Timmermans or Verhoffstadt...
David Charles Wright-Carr
Universidad de Guanajuato
I would like to share a visual statement from the Plaza de la Paz ("Peace Square"), Guanajuato, Mexico, 2009. The children's bodies say "PEACE".
Kaushalendra Kumar Jha
Indian Institute of Forest Management
On the face value we must acknowledge and appreciate the appeal and do what ever we can do for the humanity. But I have a different question to know what is happening behind the scene? Do the saviors have all pious intention?
Wolfgang R. Dick
Federal Agency for Cartography and Geodesy
Russian scientist apologizes to Ukraine at climate science meeting and said there was no justification for his country's invasion: https://www.politico.eu/article/russian-official-apologizes-to-ukraine-at-climate-science-meeting/
Radmila Metlas
Institute for Educational Research, Belgrade, Serbia
I am interesting were you have been when my country was bombarding
Ljubomir Jacić
Technical College Požarevac
Dear Radmila Metlas , our Serbia was bombed by NATO members, we did not receive any help from Russia! Remember how they did not veto UN sanctions against Serbia, and they could. They had no interest! NATO crimes must be prosecuted and punished before the International War Crimes Tribunal.
Marko Popovic
Technische Universität München
Dear Radmila Metlas, in 1999 I was in Belgrade. I was 9 years old, and had my share of listening to air raid sirens and bomb explosions in the city center and industrial facilities. This is the reason why I’m protesting against the aggression on Ukraine, since this aggression cannot be justified by the aggression on my country. The fact that in 1999, children in Serbia suffered under bombs is not an excuse for other children to suffer under similar circumstances.
Here it is important to say, that in 1999, Ukraine was among the first countries to condemn the bombing of Serbia. Thus, I feel a responsibility, both as a human and scientist, to turn the attention of colleagues around the world to the humanitarian disaster that I survived and is now ongoing in Ukraine. Millions of people are today on their way to exile, leaving behind them burned homes, hoping to save their lives. Hundreds of thousands are fighting against the aggression, defending their homes.
I am proud to say that people in Belgrade expressed their solidarity with the people of Ukraine. No Ukrainian troops are on the Russian territory, while thousands of Russian soldiers are taking part in the aggression, on Ukrainian soil.
Ljubomir Jacić
Technical College Požarevac
How the Kosovo Air War Foreshadowed the Crisis in Ukraine
Twenty-three years later, Kremlin propagandists still use the NATO bombing campaign to justify their own actions...
Hisashi Suzuki
Otani University
Lieber Felix, ich danke Dir für Aufmerksamkeit! Ich verbreite diesen Brief in die Kulturgeologische Gesellschaft in Japan.
Roman Croitor
Academy of Sciences of Moldova
this letter should have been published eight years ago.
Ljubomir Jacić
Technical College Požarevac
My dear fellow Serbian Radmila Metlas and Marko Popovic , please read the attached article.
Just as he did not agree to Ukraine's membership in the European Union, so Putin's Russia will never accept Serbia's entry into the European Union. He will let her play the game of opening and closing chapters…
Łukasz Pawlik
University of Silesia in Katowice
Thank you for this letter. Now you should go outside and protest against this war in a real life, not only in the Internet. I hope you have done it already or you are on your way to protest against the war, Putin and his collaborators on the streets of Russian cities!
Łukasz Pawlik
Institute of Earth Sciences
Faculty of Natural Sciences
University of Silesia in Katowice
POLAND
Ying Li
Caterpillar Inc.
Thanks for the sharing this letter. This world doesn’t need more successful people. This world needs more peace makers, healers and lovers.
Marco Marchetti
University of Ferrara
Truth is never one side, but war is never justified. I stand in solidarity with the population of Ukraine and with Russians who are against war!
Jana Christophoryová
Comenius University Bratislava
love and peace for everyone from Slovakia ❤️🙏🏻🍀
Janderson Alencar
All lives matter from Brazil
Marco E. Ciriotti
AMI - Associazione Micromineralogica Italiana (Italian Micromineralogical Association) and Dipartimento di Scienze della Terra, Università degli Studi di Torino, Italy
War is never, never, never justified.
My solidarity with the population of Ukraine and with Russians who are against war!
Hans-Holger Germann
Independent Researcher
To the Russian scientists,
I basically agree with the call of the Russian scientists to immediately and unconditionally (!) end the barbaric war that Russia started against Ukraine without any reason. However, the signatories and scientists have not thereby absolved themselves of this war of aggression. I urge all these scientists to resist the government of Russia immediately. The reputation of Russian scientists has already suffered greatly after Russia's illegal annexation of Crimea and now this insidious invasion of Ukraine by Russia. You must prevent your so-called president for life, Putin, and his cronies from the Russian DUMA from ruining their country. This is the only way for science in Russia to have a future and deserve respect.
Najib Abou Karaki
University of Jordan
Stop all wars, all occupations, all blockades, all discriminations, all double standards. Yes, War kills Children. and kills humanity.
Gianvito Scaringi
Charles University in Prague
Ukrainians, Russians, Belarusians have many cultural affinities. They share strength, pride, commitment to family. They are friendly, peaceful, simple people who do not hesitate to help each other in tough times. This is not their war.
Michał Polakowski
Institute of Biology University of Szczecin
This definitely needs to be ended urgently. Each subsequent life lost in this (and any other) war is completely pointless and deeply sad. Likewise, the damages made during the war are completely unacceptable and any such aggressive behaviour has to be stopped indeed.
1st Mar, 2022
Wolfgang R. Dick
A very interesting analysis in The Guardian: The antisemitism animating Putin’s claim to ‘denazify’ Ukraine, https://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/feb/25/vladimir-putin-ukraine-attack-antisemitism-denazify
1st Mar, 2022
Yury Klyukin
Yukon Geological Survey
There is a similar petition for Russian scientists residing abroad:
1st Mar, 2022
Wolfgang R. Dick
The following message was distribute yesterday in the late evening European time:
Message about the Scientific Community in Ukraine
The European Astronomical Society (EAS), the International Astronomical Union (IAU), the American Astronomical Society (AAS), and the African Astronomical Society (AfAS) have been observing with great concern the events unfolding in Ukraine and fear the adverse consequences for the scientific community, our colleagues, and their families. We have been receiving reports of the dire circumstances they are experiencing: their freedom, safety and even their lives are under threat.
The mission of our societies is to promote and safeguard the science of astronomy in all its aspects, including research, communication, education and development through international cooperation. We believe in free expression and free exchange of scientific ideas and in peaceful collaboration at a global level. The current events jeopardise the scientific cooperation within our European community and with the rest of the world.
We are deeply concerned for the Ukrainian community as well as for the entire region. Triggered by the life-threatening situation in which our Ukrainian colleagues find themselves, the EAS, IAU, AAS, and AfAS wish to encourage members to help wherever possible in this difficult time for Ukraine. Ukrainian astronomers seeking support should contact the Institute of International Education (IIE) scholar rescue fund (https://www.scholarrescuefund.org), which supports refugee scholars and is activating an Ukraine-specific student emergency fund:
Roger Davies, President of the European Astronomical Society
Debra Elmegreen, President of the International Astronomical Union
Paula Szkody, President of the American Astronomical Society
Jamal Minouni, President of the African Astronomical Society
1st Mar, 2022
Ilka Straehler-Pohl
Medusa(')s Nursery - Private Laboratory for Life cycle, Developmental and Evolutionary Research
This war was not initiated by the Russian country which includes all people living in it but by the Russian government only, main responsible is Putin. There are so many brave people in Russia, showing their disagreement even on the streets even if this could mean their arrest or worse. This letter of Russian scientists has the same message and is also a brave attempt to show solidarity towards Ukraine, disagreement with the senseless, destructive actions of their government and the world that Russian government does not represent their people. My full respect to all brave people including their scientists for standing up to their government. I so much hope that this war will end very soon because the necessary sanctions by UN, Europe etc. will encounter the normal people the worst.
1st Mar, 2022
Jaroslaw Rybak
Wroclaw University of Science and Technology
Just a few comments:
1. Cruel actions of Russian Government are strongly supported by Russian people. They are brainwashed and only some educated people, who are able to read foreign media, understand the situation. That is why their signatures are so significant and to some extent heroic.
2. It is not enough to declare "full respect" to these brave people. We need to show our disagreement, breaking all scientific relationships with institutions of Russian state. Similarly to what is happening in Economy and Sport.
3. We may still stay in touch with Russian scientists. Personally, I'm still working on some articles together with Russian scientists. But I resigned of participation in International Scientific Committee of a conference held in Moscow in April. Surprisingly, some respected "western" scientists (German, Italian, Canadian) still give their faces to this event.
Best regards
Jaroslaw
1st Mar, 2022
Martin Ondrejka
Comenius University Bratislava, Faculty of Natural Sciences
Please, STOP this madness immediately✌️🕊️.
1st Mar, 2022
Chenxi mi
Helmholtz-Zentrum für Umweltforschung
"I hope there will be a huge civil protest against Putins politics in Russia." this is totally what I want to say.
1st Mar, 2022
Jaroslaw Rybak
I strongly support your activity in distributing information about all these brave people in Russia, who dared to say no to the war.
But I'm really shocked by your comment listed below:
"Germany, well: German people were (and sometimes still are) blamed for not having stopped Hitler and for having followed his evil plans. Once having installed a system of repression, rebellion became very difficult. And yet that would have been the only way to stop the second world war. I see the very same happening in Russia and China and Turkey today. Poland and Hungary are on that way, too. Will we ever learn from history?"
Are you really surprised that Germans are blamed for WWII and Holocaust??
Do you really think that German history may be wipe washed?
Do you really find any similarities between the situation in Third Reich and Poland (and Hungary) today?
Do you really think that Poland, Hungary (or even Turkey) are on the way to a genocide?
The fact is that Germany financed Putin's aggressions (Chechnya, Georgia, Crimea and Donbas/Lugansk) for the last 20 years. Germany consequently blocked any political action that could prevent Putin from aggression last months. Poland hosted 320 000 of real refugees (women and children) from Ukraine since last Thursday.
You are very active on Researchgate and your injudicious comments are widespread. Please edit your comment (if possible), and/or explain your position. Please bear in mind that distributing fake information together with noble action decreases and even destroys its moral message.
Best regards
Jaroslaw Rybak
1st Mar, 2022
Shailja Kumari
Shoolini University
no one wants war, whole world is like family, humanity and peace is religion no religion is bigger than that, all scientists work for the human and nature benifits, I wish politicians should also think like that and maintain peace. the suffers only common people's .
1st Mar, 2022
Rafal Nawrot
University of Vienna
Yes, open letters are important. But in addition to adding UA flag to your social media account I think there are few other basic ways in which we can help. Just few examples:
See also
1st Mar, 2022
Moshe Gophen
Migal-Scientific Research Institute
Slava Ukraina from Odessa originated family living in the independent country - Israel, Moshe Gophen
1st Mar, 2022
Moshe Gophen
Migal-Scientific Research Institute
1st Mar, 2022
Claudio Bozzuto
Wildlife Analysis GmbH, Zurich
Dear colleagues
Let’s NOT fight here on RG, let’s help! To those of you active in labs: if you can spare lab /medical supplies and/or equipment, donate it and aid Ukrainian medical services to save lives right now.
Humanitarianism will prevail!
Claudio
1st Mar, 2022
Ilka Straehler-Pohl
Dear Jaroslaw Rybak,
I would do more than declaring my full respects but I have no relations to Russia to break. When Ukraine refugees will be setteled in my region I will help in any way possible to include them, make them feel "at home" as I did with Arabian refugees. But until then, I can only support people who are going to stand up against this madness by showing my solidarity with them.
1st Mar, 2022
H.-J. Förster
Helmholtz-Zentrum Potsdam - Deutsches GeoForschungsZentrum GFZ
I really appreciate such a letter from Russian scientist which has to be distributed all over the world. And I'm basically in line with Jochen Wilhelms message. To stop the aggression quickly, the Russian people have to protest on the streets and Putin must be overthrown by his innermost circle and the oligarchs.
1st Mar, 2022
Vladimir Kaftan
Russian Academy of Sciences
Dear Colleagues! I am a Russian scientist and Ukrainian by father. Here I am completely open and known to you. My relatives live in Ukraine. I live in Russia. Some of them support the regime of the new Ukrainian government, subordinate to Ukrainian nationalists and external American control. But some live in the Donbas and have been subjected to shelling and bombing by the Ukrainian armed forces for eight years. My relatives of Donbas have been waiting for these eight years for someone to save them from murders by Ukrainian nationalists. Now they are happy to be released. They get out of the basements and begin to restore their homes and households. I kindly ask all the smart scientists of this social network to think about what is really happening and has been happening in recent decades in Ukraine. Ukraine is divided into two camps. One openly follows the fascist order, the other is peaceful people who do not want to obey the fascist regime. Such people live in Crimea, Donbas and other regions of Ukraine. I am addressing my colleagues who are well aware of the history of Russia and Europe of the last century. Just analyze the situation not from the media, but from the people themselves living in Crimea and Donbas. There are many Russians living in Ukraine who do not want to obey Bandera. Bandera openly say that they will kill all those who disagree with them and all Russians. You don't see these statements in your media. Look for them on the Internet. Ordinary people do not want war, but it has been going on in the Donbas for a long time and it needs to be ended quickly. We need to stop killing our own people. Any of you could come to Donbas during these eight years and learn everything from the people who live there. But, unfortunately, Western journalists did not go there, and if they were there, they did not ask the residents. Now any of you have the opportunity to go there and see everything with your own eyes, and not from biased media. You can come to Crimea at any time, where there is no military action. Please go there for a vacation in the summer and you will learn and see everything. I wish you all the best and success in your work. Let's do our part and don't listen to the lies. Ready to answer your questions if you are not supporters of fascism.
1st Mar, 2022
Moshe Gophen
Migal-Scientific Research Institute
A warm appreciation to the Russian Scientists and Slava Ukrainians from an Odessa - Nikolayev descendant living in freedom.
1st Mar, 2022
Vladimir Kaftan
Russian Academy of Sciences
Dear Moshe, how did you guess? My ancestral home is Nikolaev province. But the exclamation "Glory to Ukraine" was taken from the Nazis as an analogue of Heil Hitler. I do not like it. Without these words, I glorify my homeland. All the best. Peace to your home. Slava all peaceful people
1st Mar, 2022
Elena V. Sukhovaya
Oles Honchar Dnipro National University
Respect for Russian who signed this letter. Made all possible to stop the war that kills innocent children and peaceful citizens just now!
1st Mar, 2022
Ljubomir Jacić
Technical College Požarevac
It’s hard not to admire the extraordinary bravery of the Ukrainian people as they stand up against Russian attacks. Today we hear how students and academics in Kyiv are joining the fight for their homeland – with one Ukrainian university president explaining how his campus has become one of many centres of resistance in the battle for freedom. Having armed resistance fighters on campus is, for most, an unthinkable scenario, but Serhiy Kvit, a former education minister, says he is not surprised at what has happened given Russia’s aggression towards other regions in the former Soviet bloc...
1st Mar, 2022
Ljubomir Jacić
Technical College Požarevac
A different type of courage – at Russian universities where academics are speaking out against Vladimir Putin despite the repercussions that are likely to follow. Institutions around the globe are taking their own action against Russia...
1st Mar, 2022
Jano Topercer
I firmly support brave Russian scientists. Btw, recall pls the 1968 Warsaw Pact invasion of Czechoslovakia, its occupation and many other violent acts under criminal communist regimes across the former Soviet Bloc since Stalin and even Lenin - and connect the dots to Putin and Ukraine.
1st Mar, 2022
Sabina Porfido
Italian National Research Council and INGV-Osservatorio Vesuviano -Napoli- ITALY
Of course it is, but we all have to make a fight to have a world at peace. Peace for all peoples without domination.
1st Mar, 2022
Elena V. Sukhovaya
Oles Honchar Dnipro National University
We in Ukraine need not brave words from Russian scientists but their actions to stop the war!
1st Mar, 2022
Roman Croitor
Academy of Sciences of Moldova
Звернення до світової наукової спільноти від наукового археологічного проєкту "Комарів"
EN/DE/FR/Ελ/UA
EN
For the second time, we appeal to humanity and the world scientific community for help.Ukraine is at war. Russia is an aggressorSince February 24th and until now we receive a great number of private letters of support from our European and American colleagues and friends (Poland, Lithuania, Romania, Germany, the USA, and Russia inclusive). We are very grateful for the sincere words of support and real proposals to "safe researchers of Ukraine."No other science is so closely connected with the land where you live, as archaeology. We want to stay and work here on our land. We want humanity to know our history.In 2014, Ukrainians chose the path of freedom and democracy. We were punished for this by abrupt alienation of lands - they occupied Crimea and started the war in Donbas. The democratic world politely remained silent. The war has been lasting for eight years on Ukrainian territory (10,000 killed). We survived and we worked, including due to the support of the Komariv project from Germany and Poland.Now, in 2022, Ukrainian cities and villages are being bombed, and now people who live and defend the land of our parents and grandparents are dying. We realize we do realize very well who is David and who is Goliath in this fight. And we want the biblical hero's weapon to become stronger.We call on all our colleagues and friends from civilized countries to address your governments with the request to end this war. We will win and the war will not come to you.You are the intellectual elite of your nations; you shape the history of your countries and determine its future. You are teaching History to future chancellors, prime ministers, and presidents. Please, address the current leaders with a reminder that the world must live by the rules of civilized nations. Remind about the values of European democracy, save Ukraine, save your states.
DE
Zum zweiten Mal wenden wir uns an die Menschheit und an die weltweiten Wissenschaftler mit der Bitte um die Hilfe.
In der Ukraine herrscht der Krieg. Der Angreifer ist Russland.
Seit dem 24. Februar 2022 bis heute bekommen wir viele private Unterstützungsschreiben von unseren europäischen und amerikanischen Kollegen und Freunden (Polen, Litauen, Rumänien, Deutschland, die USA, Russland einschließend). Wir sind sehr dankbar für die aufrichtigen Worte der Unterstützung und die konkreten Vorschläge: „Forscher aus der Ukraine zu bewahren“.
Keine andere Wissenschaft hat mit dem Land, in dem Sie und wir leben, so eng zu tun, wie die Archäologie. Wir wollen hier auf unserem Land bleiben und arbeiten. Wir wollen, dass die Menschheit unsere Geschichte kennt.
Im 2014 haben die Ukrainer den Weg der Freiheit und Demokratie gewählt. Dafür wurden wir mit frecher Entfremdung von Ländern bestraft – die Krim wurde besetzt und Krieg im Donbass begann. Die demokratische Welt schwieg höflich. Acht Jahre lang dauerte der Krieg auf dem ukrainischen Territorium (10 000 Getötete). Wir haben dies überlebt, auch dank der Unterstützung des Projekts "Komariv" von Deutschland und Polen.
Jetzt, im Jahr 2022, werden ukrainische Städte und Dörfer bombardiert. Die Menschen sterben, die das Land seiner Eltern und Großeltern verteidigen. Wir erkennen, wer David und wer Goliath in diesem Kampf ist. Und wir wollen, dass die Waffe des biblischen Helden stärker wird.
Wir rufen alle unseren Kollegen und Freunde aus zivilisierten Ländern auf, ihre Regierungen aufzufordern, diesen Krieg zu beenden. Es gibt drei Anforderungen: Russland vom SWIFT-System zu trennen, den Himmel zu schließen und die Waffe zu liefern. Wir gewinnen und der Krieg kommt zu Ihnen nicht.
Sie sind die intellektuelle Elite ihrer Nationen, Sie prägen die Geschichte Ihrer Länder und bestimmen Ihre Zukunft. Sie unterrichten die Geschichte den zukünftigen Kanzlern, Ministerpräsidenten und Präsidenten. Wenden Sie sich an die wahren Staatsleiter mit einer Erinnerung daran, dass die Welt nach den Regeln zivilisierter Nationen leben muss. Heben Sie die Werte der europäischen Demokratie hervor, retten Sie die Ukraine, retten Sie ihre Staaten.
FR
Pour la deuxième fois, nous demandons de l'aide à l'humanité et la communauté scientifique mondiale.
L’Ukraine est en guerre. Et la Russie est une agresseuse.
Dès 24 février 2022 jusqu’aux nos jours, nous recevons de nombreuses lettres privées de soutien de nos collègues et amis européens et américains (Pologne, Lituanie, Roumanie, Allemagne, États-Unis, dont la Russie). Nous sommes très reconnaissants pour les paroles sincères de soutien et les suggestions concrètes concernant « la protection et la préservation des scientifiques d'Ukraine ».
Aucune autre science n'est pas autant liée avec la terre où on vit que l'archéologie. Nous voulons rester et travailler ici, sur notre territoire. Nous voulons que le monde sache notre histoire.
En 2014, les Ukrainiens ont choisi la route de la liberté et de la démocratie. Nous étions punis pour cela par une aliénation brutale de notre territoire - la Crimée était occupé et la guerre était déclenché dans le Donbass. Le monde démocratique restait poliment silencieux. La guerre dura huit ans sur les terrains (10 000 tués). Nous avons survécu et nous avons travaillé en particulier grâce au soutien du projet Komari de la part d'Allemagne et de Pologne.
Maintenant, en 2022, des villes et des villages ukrainiens sont bombardés, et en ce moment-la les gens qui vivent et défendent le pays de leurs parents et leurs grands-parents meurent. Nous comprenons, nous comprenons vraiment qui est David dans ce combat et qui est Goliath. Et nous voulons que l'arme du héros biblique devienne plus forte.
Nous encourageons tous nos collègues et amis des pays civilisés à demander vos gouvernements à mettre fin à cette guerre. Nous avons seulement trois demandes - empêcher SWIFT, fermer le ciel et fournir des armes. Nous gagnerons et la guerre ne vous touchera pas.
Vous faite partie d'élite intellectuelle de vos nations, vous façonner l'histoire de vos pays et définissez leur avenir. Vous donnez des cours d'histoire aux prochains chanceliers, premiers ministres et présidents. Adressez-vous aux vrais dirigeants et rappeler leur que le monde doit vivre selon les règles des nations civilisées. Rappelez-leur les valeurs de la démocratie européenne, sauvez l'Ukraine, sauvez vos États.
Ελ
Για δεύτερη φορά απευθυνόμαστε στην ανθρωπότητα και στην παγκόσμια επιστημονική κοινότητα για βοήθεια.
Υπάρχει πόλεμος στην Ουκρανία. Ο επιτιθέμενος είναι η Ρωσία.
Από τις 24 Φεβρουαρίου 2022 έως σήμερα, έχουμε λάβει πολλές ιδιωτικές επιστολές υποστήριξης από τους Ευρωπαίους και Αμερικανούς συναδέλφους και φίλους μας (όπως και η Πολωνία, η Λιθουανία, η Ρουμανία, η Γερμανία, οι Ηνωμένες Πολιτείες, συμπεριλαμβανομένη και η Ρωσία). Είμαστε πολύ ευγνώμονες για τα ειλικρινή λόγια υποστήριξης και τις πραγματικές προτάσεις «να κρατήσουμε ερευνητές από την Ουκρανία».
Καμία άλλη επιστήμη δεν έχει σχέση με τη γη όπου ζείτε, όσο η αρχαιολογία. Θέλουμε να μείνουμε και να δουλέψουμε εδώ στη γη μας. Θέλουμε η ανθρωπότητα να μάθει την ιστορία μας.
Το 2014, οι Ουκρανοί επέλεξαν το δρόμο της ελευθερίας και της δημοκρατίας. Τιμωρηθήκαμε για αυτό με απότομη αποξένωση των εδαφών – έχει καταληφθεί η Κριμαία και έχει ξεκινήσει ο πόλεμος στο Ντονμπάς. Ο δημοκρατικός κόσμος σιωπούσε ευγενικά. Ο πόλεμος διήρκεσε οκτώ χρόνια στο ουκρανικό έδαφος (10.000 νεκροί). Επιβιώσαμε και εργαστήκαμε, χάρη στην υποστήριξη του Mosquito Project από τη Γερμανία και την Πολωνία.
Τώρα, το 2022, οι πόλεις και τα χωριά της Ουκρανίας βομβαρδίζονται και τώρα αυτοί οι άνθρωποι που ζουν και υπερασπίζουν τη γη των γονιών και των παππούδων τους πεθαίνουν. Αντιλαμβανόμαστε, συνειδητοποιούμε πραγματικά ποιος είναι ο Ντέιβιντ σε αυτόν τον αγώνα και ποιος είναι ο Γολιάθ. Και θέλουμε το όπλο του βιβλικού ήρωα να γίνει πιο δυνατό.
Καλούμε όλους τους συναδέλφους και τους φίλους μας από πολιτισμένες χώρες να καλέσουν τις κυβερνήσεις σας να τερματίσουν αυτόν τον πόλεμο.
Τρεις απαιτήσεις - σταματήστε το SVIFT, κλείστε τον ουρανό και δώστε όπλα. Θα νικήσουμε και ο πόλεμος δεν θα έρθει σ' εσάς.
Είστε η πνευματική ελίτ των εθνών σας, διαμορφώνετε την ιστορία των χωρών σας, καθορίζετε και το μέλλον των. Διδάσκετε την ιστορία τους μελλοντικούς καγκελαρίους, πρωθυπουργούς και προέδρους. Απευθυνθείτε στους σημερινούς ηγέτες σας με μια υπενθύμιση ότι ο κόσμος πρέπει να ζει σύμφωνα με τους κανόνες των πολιτισμένων εθνών. Υπενθυμίστε τις αξίες της ευρωπαϊκής δημοκρατίας, σώστε την Ουκρανία, σώστε τα κράτη σας.
UA
Ми вдруге звертаємося до людства та світової наукової спільноти з проханням про допомогу.
В Україні війна. Агресор – Росія.
З 24 лютого 2022 року і до сьогодні ми отримуємо безліч приватних листів зі словами підтримки від наших європейських та американських колег та друзів (Польща, Литва, Румунія, Німеччина, США, в тому числі і з Росії). Ми дуже вдячні за щирі слова підтримки і реальні пропозиції «зберегти дослідників з України».
Жодна інша наука не пов’язана із тою землею, де ти живеш, так тісно як археологія. Ми хочемо залишатися і працювати тут, на своїй землі. Ми хочемо, аби людство знало і нашу історію.
У 2014 році українці обрали шлях свободи і демократії. Нас покарали за це наглим відчуженням земель – окупували Крим і розв’язали війну на Донбасі. Демократичний світ ввічливо промовчав. Вісім років війна тривала на українській території (10 000 вбитих). Ми вижили і ми працювали, в тому числі і завдяки підтримці проекту «Комарів» з боку Німеччини та Польщі.
Зараз, у 2022 році, бомблять українські міста та села, зараз гинуть люди, які живуть і захищають землю своїх батьків і дідів. Ми усвідомлюємо, дуже реально усвідомлюємо, хто в цьому поєдинку Давид, і хто – Голіаф. І ми хочемо, аби зброя біблійного героя стала сильнішою.
Ми закликаємо всіх наших колег та друзів з цивілізованих країн – зверніться до ваших урядів з вимогою припинити цю війну. Три вимоги – стоп SWIFT, закрийте небо і дайте зброю. Ми переможемо і війна не прийде до вас.
Ви – інтелектуальна еліта націй, ви формуєте історію своїх країн і визначаєте їх майбутнє. Ви викладаєте урок історії майбутнім канцлерам, прем’єр-міністрам та президентам. Зверніться до дійсних керівників держав з нагадуванням про те, що світ маєте жити за правилами цивілізованих держав. Нагадайте про цінності європейської демократії, врятуйте Україну, врятуйте свої держави.
1st Mar, 2022
Valeria Trivellone
Purdue University Northwest
1st Mar, 2022
Marko Popovic
Technische Universität München
1st Mar, 2022
Vladimir Kaftan
Russian Academy of Sciences
1st Mar, 2022
Anton Vrdoljak
University of Mostar
Coincidentally, @darko_kesnjer took this photo near Vukovar - a Croatian city that, unfortunately, also experienced occupying aggression. Stay strong, Ukraine! 💙💛 We pray for peace! 🙏
1st Mar, 2022
Jacek Gosciniak
ENSEMBLE3
To Jochen Wilhelm: “Poland and Hungary are on that way, too.” – it is unbelievable how many faults can be contained in this short sentence!! I would like to remind some people that Poland was a first country who support Ukraine for many, many months and even years by informing the entire world about this danger and sending to Ukraine a military equipment. And I still remember some countries (Germany!!) who even two days ago offered to send to fighting already Ukraine just only 5000 helms. And I would like to remind that this country changed a mind just only two days ago. But still no assurance it provides what about Nord Stream 1 and 2. Still paying the Russia to support its military complex?
And one more thing that is very personal for me – “Germany, well: German people were (and sometimes still are) blamed for not having stopped Hitler and for having followed his evil plans. Once having installed a system of repression, rebellion became very difficult.” – my grandma as a 7 years old child was sent to Germany as a forced laborer with her entire family (8 family members – her mother, father, grandma, grandpa, 2 brothers and 2 sisters) and spent 4 years working hard for a German farmer. She did no noticed that people in Germany at that time were very repressed and unhappy – actually most of them were very happy and grateful as they have labor for which they do not have to pay. The situation has changed in 1944 when the Eastern Front began to approach Germany.
1st Mar, 2022
H.-J. Förster
My feeling was that the current discussion is aimed at supporting the Ukraine people to fight for peace in their homeland, using this terrible situation to historically bring back the recent Germany close to its evil Nazi history is, first, far from being the truth and, second, is not helping at all to unify Europe.
1st Mar, 2022
Jacek Gosciniak
ENSEMBLE3
I agree with you totally. But I did not start this discussion - I need to, I was obligated to reply to it as, in my opinion, there was a lot of untrue information.
And,.... how you want support Ukraine? Talking about brave Ukrainians fighting for their land? or maybe painting some pictures on the sidewalk?
And let me know what are the Nazi? where they came from? Some other planet?
1st Mar, 2022
Roman J. Godunko
National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine
strange
why Russians are great at signing of petitions?
why are there a few of them at the demonstrations?
who needs these "crocodile tears"?
1st Mar, 2022
Claudio Bozzuto
Wildlife Analysis GmbH, Zurich
Colleagues,
as I wrote earlier today: «Let’s NOT fight here on RG, let’s help! To those of you active in labs: if you can spare lab /medical supplies and/or equipment, donate it and aid Ukrainian medical services to save lives right now.»
Humanitarianism will prevail!
Claudio
1st Mar, 2022
Jaroslaw Rybak
I perfectly understand your point, that we should be united now.
But "we didn't start the fire".
I gently asked Jochen Wilhelm to edit their offensive comments about Poland this morning. You may find my communication above.
Jochen Wilhelm have had over 9 hours but he did not react nor respond. I'm not surprised that Jacek Gosciniak reacted too.
We could probably react in a private message, not to introduce side subject to the main (crucial) issue of a discussion. But, on the other hand, why should we hide our correction from public, when a lie is widespread in public.
And finally one sentence from my previous comment: "Please bear in mind that distributing fake information together with a noble action decreases and even destroys its moral message."
Best regards
Jaroslaw Rybak
1st Mar, 2022
Sokol Duro
Agricultural University of Tirana
Stop the War now !
1st Mar, 2022
Valeria Trivellone
Purdue University Northwest
I agree with Claudio. Please DO NOT argue in RG. There something more important rather than history and proud: it is freedom, brotherhood, and participation. Let's do something useful each one using the privileges we have been given.
2nd Mar, 2022
Patricia Charvet
Universidade Federal do Ceará
As scientists, we should help find solutions, solve problems, help as we can, instead of creating more conflicts. We have already come too far on this war, too many lives were lost and there are many more that need to be spared on both sides. Wars were never beneficial to science
2nd Mar, 2022
Elena V. Sukhovaya
Oles Honchar Dnipro National University
Without actions, this letter is only a way "to save a face" before civilized humanity. Look, at least, at replies of Vladimir Kaftan. His brains are poisoned by Russian propaganda. People like him have brought war to Ukraine. His Ukrainian father would curse him! Blame and shame on him!
Eugene: "I would be very accurate in calling to stop interaction with Russian scientific institutions, unless those are directly supporting the invasion or work for military. It has little effect on Putin's regime, but will cut off channels or dialogue with like-minded people in Russia" - you are right as regards individual scientists' private contacts, but not institutions! Ivan Ivanovich Ivanov [fictive name!] is simply a member of international scientists' community and represents only himself, but Ivan Ivanovich Ivanov, professor of the XY Institute, Russia represents Russia and by this very fact supports Putin's regime increasing the prestige of Russia (the present, Putin's Russia!) and legitimizing it!
2nd Mar, 2022
Kiprotich Kiptum
University of Eldoret
The letter by the Russian scientist is good, however, it is coming too late to make a difference since invasion has been done. In the future the scientists should try as much as possible to advise their government against going to war.
2nd Mar, 2022
Vladimir Kaftan
Russian Academy of Sciences
Dear Elena V. Sukhovaya, it doesn't seem to you that you are engaged in propaganda here. You have already attributed to me a lot of things that have nothing to do with me. You don't even know that my dad fought against the Nazis and their collaborators Bandera. I receive information from my relatives. I am glad that you do not live in the basement and will not live there even after the end of the special operation. If you position yourself as a scientist, then be guided by facts and logic, as befits a scientist. I wish you all the best, even though you are very indiscriminately accusing people.
2nd Mar, 2022
Zihan Zhang
Agilent
It's always that people pay debts for their government.
2nd Mar, 2022
Allen H Andrews
University of Hawaiʻi at Mānoa
Depose Putin.
2nd Mar, 2022
Elena V. Sukhovaya
Oles Honchar Dnipro National University
No answer to kaftan. Just disgust. Siren howls. Go to shelter. Pray for us to survive.
2nd Mar, 2022
Xinhai Li
Institute of Zoology CAS
We, scientists outside the war zone, should provide extra opportunities (positions) for scientists and students in Ukraine, in order to help them survive through this disaster.
2nd Mar, 2022
Dmytro Hlavatskyi
National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine
They can wipe themselves with their letter. I will never forgive the victims among the civil population during the vile bombing of peaceful Ukrainian cities. The reason for this is the cowardice and spinelessness of the Russian nation, which has endured the fascist regime for 22 years.

-----
Does Adam Smith's "invisible hand" stop working toward the end of economic expansions?
Question
  • H.G. CallawayH.G. Callaway
Smith's idea of the “invisible hand” is the basis of the belief that large-scale government intervention and regulation of the economy is neither needed nor helpful. Smith put forward the notion of the invisible hand to argue that free individuals acting in a free economy, and making decisions that are primarily intended for their own self-interest, will, in fact, take actions that benefit society as a whole, even though such beneficial results were not the specific focus or purpose of those actions.
The central idea is that by means of the “invisible hand” purely self-interested actions and exchanges produce a large, unintended public good.
Quotations, Adam Smith,
The Wealth Of Nations, Book IV, Chapter V, Digression on the Corn Trade, p. 540, para. b 43.
…THE INVISIBLE HAND…
[rich people] consume little more than the poor, and in spite of their natural selfishness and rapacity…they divide with the poor the produce of all their improvements. They are led by an invisible hand to make nearly the same distribution of the necessaries of life, which would have been made, had the earth been divided into equal portions among all its inhabitants, and thus without intending it, without knowing it, advance the interest of the society, and afford means to the multiplication of the species.
The Theory of Moral Sentiments, Part IV, Chapter I, pp.184-5, para. 10.
Every individual... neither intends to promote the public interest, nor knows how much he is promoting it... he intends only his own security; and by directing that industry in such a manner as its produce may be of the greatest value, he intends only his own gain, and he is in this, as in many other cases, led by an invisible hand to promote an end which was no part of his intention. ---End quotations
Smith goes on to argue that intentional intervention by government regulation, although intended to protect the common good or benefit society as a whole, in practice is usually less effective and beneficial than is a freely operating market. In many cases, it is actually harmful to the people in general, because it denies them the benefits of the free market. This is especially true if the intervention produces a sort of political feeding frenzy of political favor to special interests.
The general prosperity and economic growth resulting from expanded international trade is part of the evidence for Smith thesis. However, though it is plausible to believe that something like Smith's “invisible hand” provides for the public good by way of growing prosperity in the initial stages of economic growth, it is considerably less plausible that liberalization and expanding markets or expansion of international trade will always produce a public good commensurate with the harm they cause.
This is not a purely economic argument. Instead it suggests a political evaluation. Economic expansions are also known to produce considerable economic dislocations, people go unemployed and entire industries wander away; not all participants benefit equally.
More basically, by shifting and creating wealth both within and between political societies, extensive economic expansions also cause political dislocations that require political adjustments.
The basic problem is that the shifts in economic interests brought about by rapid and extensive economic expansions proceed much more quickly than the slow and laborious, deliberative and political processes required for making needed adjustments and introducing regulations as may be required --to meliorate untoward effects.
In consequence, political societies tend to be thrown into deep political problems and conflicts tending toward factional infighting, in the attempt to control the political process in the interest of various, older or newly established economic interests. The continued pursuit of self-interest then produces something like “crony capitalism” (an age of the “robber-barons”) and social-political strife; and, at the worst, the result is uncontrolled conflict both within and between organized political societies.
Political 'correctness' in zoology? Your opinion on changing common names of taxa
9 replies
  • Dmitry TelnovDmitry Telnov
This has nothing in common with the availability and validity of the accepted Latin species epithet of Vespa mandarinia, but in the future could potentially lead to attempts by some particularly concerned individuals to appeal for changes in scientific names as well (we already have several examples in mind - those connected with attempts to rename hitleri taxa or synonymize all kurdistanica /-us taxa).
The most interesting, however, is not the fact that some of our colleagues apparently have enough time to deal with this problem (just the fact! I am abstaining from judging it), but that some powerful organisations like the aforementioned NGOs nowadays run large database engines available worldwide, interconnected / integrated with other databases and webpages. Therefore introducing (read – changing) common names could probably also cause some inconvenience for users of systems or webpages (for instance, citizen science portals) integrated with these authoritative databases.
It is understandable new common and scientific names to be established based on clear, approved and transparent criteria or recommendations (for scientific names like those accepted by the ICZN, https://www.iczn.org). But what about changing 'old' common names?
Please feel free to express your opinion both on the topic itself (changing ‘unethical’ common names in zoology) and its possible consequences (e.g., causing global changes in integrated systems just by decision of one or two NGOs). And should the popular and scientific papers, including books containing ‘inconvenient’ or ‘unethical’ names now be destroyed as nowadays are some of historical but ‘unethical’ monuments being demolished?
[please do not consider this topic racist, nationalistic or in any aspect oppressing anything or anyone; please be polite and calm when discussing here, thank you]

Thesis
"Psychologists for Peace" - Open letter on the war in Ukraine. "Psychologists for Peace" - Open letter to the President of the Russian Federation Wladimir Putin.
Technical Report
В первом номере журнале Вы сможете прочитать про: • UWEC Work group – кто мы и какие цели перед собой ставим; • Какие последствия для экологии Украины может принести эта война. Интервью с руководителем и сооснователем Украинской природоохранной группы Алексеем Василюком; • Война разрушает инфраструктуру Украины, трансформируя ландшафты и экосистемы...