Question
Asked 31st Mar, 2022

Is it possible to generate a steady laminar fluid flow using peristaltic pump?

As you know peristaltic pump has a Constant fluid flow direction but Changing fluid flow rate. I was wondering if it is possible to produce a Constant (Steady) fluid flow rate using peristaltic pump.

31st Mar, 2022
Jamel Chahed
University of Tunis El Manar
You can use a constant level tank that you feed from the pump. The tank should be large enough so that the average residence time Ts=Volume/Flow-rate is large compared to the cycles of the pump. The tank would be equipped with an appropriate nozzle (or tap) the flow at the outlet becomes stationary when the level in the tank becomes constant
31st Mar, 2022
Mustafa Nile
Ludwig-Maximilians-University of Munich
Jamel Chahed Thank you very much for your reply. Will that depend on gravity to maintain a constant flow rate? or on the pressure generated by the peristaltic pump if the pipes that come from the peristaltic pump are well sealed to the Tank (air-tight)?
One more question, Is it possible to use a pulse damper to get a constant flow rate when using a peristaltic pump?
31st Mar, 2022
Jamel Chahed
University of Tunis El Manar

How do we measure the temperature of the interface (or surface) between a fluid and a solid?
Question
  • Wei-Che LinWei-Che Lin
Hello,
I would like to know how to measure a solid's surface temperature with fluid on it. The fluid will react with the solid surface and generates heat, so the temperature between the solid and the fluid is the crucial data I need. Here, I can only think of two options:
Pros: fast response, high accuracy
Cons: cannot guarantee that the measured data accurately represents the surface temperature
2. Infrared temperature sensor:
Pros: directly measure the surface temperature, high accuracy
Cons: slow response, the data might be affected by the fluid
Is there any other way to do the measurement or any suggestions?
Thank you very much in advance to anyone who answers this question.
AD Scientific Index is reliable or "Predatory"?
40 replies
  • Sunil Kumar SahuSunil Kumar Sahu
When I clicked on the website, I was surprised to discover that they are charging a fee (~24-30 USD) to add the information of an individual researcher.
So I started wondering if it's another scam of ‘predatory’ rankings.
What's your opinion in this regard?
-----

The primary focus of this research is the design of wall-driven peristaltic pumps based on first principles with minimal simplifying assumptions and implementation by numerical simulation. Peristaltic pumps are typically used to pump clean/sterile fluids because crosscontamination with exposed pump components cannot occur. Some common biomedical ap...
In this study, we investigate the physical mechanism of the electro-osmosis fluid flow within a non-uniform channel. Fluid model is characterized by the constitutive relation of the Oldroyd 4-constant fluid. We retrieved the Poisson equations by utilizing the mass and momentum conservation models in order to obtain the mathematical formulation of t...