Question
Asked 18th Apr, 2017 in the project 'British Mensa's: ANDROGYNY'

Is anyone interested in contributing to British Mensa's Androgyny?

Calling for contributions to British Mensa's: Androgyny - a new journal-zine for all things gender!  Topics: Androgyny, gender equality, gender and sexuality and more.
Contributions can include: letters; research articles, debates, literature reviews; recent and relevant news and events; creative writing pieces, monographs, personal reflections, art, poetry, book reviews.
I have just taken over as Editor and would like to publish 4 times a year - all contributions will be welcomed and I shall work with you to i=edit as appropriate.  If interested please get in touch

Olga Lucía Patiño
Good afternoon.
I am Olga Patiño, professor and researcher at Universidad Unipamericana in Colombia, recently we opened the "MiPana Diversa" research group to start boarding the topics of gender and diversity, currently I'm writing a paper for ALAADA, the Latin American Association of Asian Studies. My current paper is about a comparative analysis on gender situation between India and Colombia including the multigender issue.
If it matches your query please answer me back. Regards, Olga. 
Sergio A. Silverio
King's College London
Sounds like work of great interest Olga - and definitely something which fits the remit of this new outlet.
Please send me your contact e-mail address via the direct message on here and I shall send you some more information.
Best wishes and thank you for your interest!
Sergio
Olga Lucía Patiño
On this website: http://amigosdeindia.org/author/freya/ I wrote two opinion articles regarding gender where you may check the topics I handle: one is called "Ser mujer india en Colombia" - being indian woman in Colombia-  and two "La reivindicación y las contradicciones de género" - Reivindication and gender contradictions- .Check if things like that are suitable.  I am not working anymore for that organization, and the work for the research group is still starting.
Regards, Olga.

The advent of smart girls - Fiction, or Reality?
Question
  • Deleted profile
First, in order to avoid speculations, I should note that I am happily married and a father of two very smart schoolgirls. I am teaching mathematics at two faculties of Brno University of Technology, Faculty of Electrical Engineering and Communication and at Faculty of Information Technologies.
In both faculties, but especially in the computer science oriented one, I am observing a new trend of several last years. There is a lot of girls among my students, and most of them are really very smart. They usually reach excellent results at exams. This trend goes just to the opposite to another trend -- a slow, but continuously decreasing the overall level of students in universities, which is observed and complained by many my colleagues.
In addition to this, we have several Ph.D. students at our Department of Mathematics, but again -- with one exception, they all are girls. Some of them are domestic, some are from the countries of the former USSR - Russia, Ukraine and Belarus. All these young ladies are excellent mathematicians. Is it only a coincidence or a confirmation of the new trend? And where are the smart boys, where they were lost in this modern, rapidly changing society?
Do you also observe this phenomenon worldwide, or is it only a matter of the former block of eastern soviet satellites? What are the sociological consequences of this new trend (under the assumption that it really exists)?
For an illustration when I started study physics at another university in my city, over the years, almost all my classmates were boys and the few girls quickly fell away. Our professor on Mechanics and Molecular Physics had a young, beautiful and very intelligent female assistant and most of us were astonished how it is possible that she is so good at mathematics and physics (and being a beautiful woman at the same time). It had one indisputable advantage -- most of us had a strong motivation to show her that we were also not empty-headed.
I do not doubt that women have been throughout the history of mankind as smart as men, but society did not allow them to study. Many women, including my wife, have complained that society is unfair to women. Could the 'advent of smart girls' witness that this old, unfair social paradigm is definitively over?
And could there arise a new danger for us, men? Should we be afraid of these smart girls?

Book
Gewalthafte Ereignisse schaffen Atmosphären von Bedrohung und Unsicherheit. Unter den Rufen nach politischen und justiziellen Lösungen wird die Sicherheitsfrage mit der Bestimmung und Bearbeitung vermeintlich spezifischer sozialer Gruppen beantwortet: die islamistischen Terroristen, die Ultras oder der Schwarze Block sind Versuche, soziale Phänomen...