Question
Asked 11th Nov, 2017
  • ISRA school of optometry, isra Univesrsity Karachi

Is Lambert academic publishing reliable?

I got this message from Lambert academic publishing
I am Liene Radina from Lambert Academic Publishing. Our attention has been caught by your research «Risk Factors in Dry Eye (A hospital-based study at Madinah Teaching Hospital, Faisalabad)». We would be interested in publications on this topic with you. In case you have other unpublished research works (thesis, monograph) in this field, would you be interested to publish it with us? Here is what we offer you: - free of charge publishing - simplified and fast publishing process - worldwide sales of your work - no commitments - you and only you remain the copyright holder of your work - access to eco-friendly Print-on-Demand technology Would you agree to receive more information? I am looking forward to your reply.

Sundip hemant Charmode
All India Institute of Medical Sciences Rajkot
I think they are not worthy publishers. I am saying so because a good publishing house will never bother contacting authors overseas and following up their emails for months.
Ok for beginners I would say.
But search for better ones.
Regards

Popular answers (1)

1st Apr, 2019
Ryszard A. Daniel
RADAR Structural
I published my dissertation with Lambert in 2010-2011 in response to their invitation that looked much like the ones quoted in this discussion. I did not take the trouble to trace their reputation at that time. Yet, I don't regret it. My experience with this publisher is that YES, they are reliable. OK, I have doubts about the low number of copies sold that they mail me every year (never high enough for a royalty, only for vouchers), but I did not expect this book to earn me money anyway. Apart from this, they did what they agreed to do, and did not not what they told that they would not do. This is, in essence, reliability.
It surprises me that the lack of peer reviews is seen as LAP's shortcoming by many. LAP will indeed publish your work without any review, but the invited manuscripts are supposed to be dissertations, master's theses or other carefully prepared works. Assuming that such works have already been reviewed is not that strange. I would even say that university reviews during completing such texts are normally of a higher standard than those by publisher's reviewing teams. Also, if a manuscript really needs an in-depth review (or peer review), I think its author should better reconsider the publishing.
Well, those thousands of titles published by Lambert look indeed suspicious and there is probably a great deal of junk there. But there is also something charming in the way they operate. The facts that it does not cost you anything to publish there, that nobody will mess up in your text, that your book will be on Amazon, will professionally be brought under attention all over the world (even if ridiculously priced), ... this all feels really good! Even if it is the same kind of feeling good as that of Kilgore Trout.

Emad Kamil Hussein
Al-Furat Al-Awsat Technical University
Of course YES, and just check via this link:
Regards,
Emad
Hadeel Saleh Haj Aliwi
Universiti Sains Malaysia
Chukwuebuka Egbuna
Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu University
Dear Shua,
Lambert academic publishing is just one out of the publishing house of OmniScriptum who even even encourage authors to download wikipedia articles and bring them up for publishing without changes. Read about OmniScriptum https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OmniScriptum
In the course of searching for potential publisher for our book project, I have done a thorough analysis about them and discovered they do not care about reputation. What they care about is what goes into their pocket. I had rather go for self-publishing than publish with LAP.
If you are in search of a good publisher, there are a good number of them who will not frustrate your effort. Make your analysis, read what people say about them, see their reactions and you will be making a right choice!
Kind regards,
Egbuna, C.
Mushtaq Ahmad
Pakistan Atomic Energy Commission
must be dealing with open access journals
Asit Kumar Batabyal
Central Mechanical Engineering Research Institute
This topic has already been discussed (ResearchGate). Madam Hadeel has provided the the link. People may get an impression from the said discussions. Regards
Hein Retter
Technische Universität Braunschweig
I may confirm the positive reaction of the question.
Arvind Singh
Banaras Hindu University
Please have a look at this useful link for answer.
Marpha Telepova-Texier
Muséum National d'Histoire Naturelle
I see some very good innovative & interesting publications of Lambert Academic Publishing !!!
But i have not personal experiment.
Best regards
Dickson Adom
Kwame Nkrumah University Of Science and Technology
In my early career, I published with them out of ignorance. I have received several invitations from them lately but I don't think they are reliable in terms of increasing the quality of articles and books sent to them. No review on submissions are made. They just trade the work for monetary gains with purported royalties to authors.
However, in terms of visibility, they are OK. If you want to publish with them, ensure that you have carefully reviewed your work and/or has submitted it for thorough and rigorous review somewhere.
I would rather send my work to a publishing firm that can add real value to my work in terms of content. Lambert Academic Publishing will certainly not be a choice for me now.
Hassan Nima
University of Basrah
Of course
regards
Violet Kisakye
Mountains of the Moon University (MMU)
i wouldn't recommend it. there is no review of submitted work anything is publishable for them
Asit Kumar Batabyal
See also the following link:
22nd Sep, 2018
Jiang Guo
DUT
I do not think it is reasonable to publish the results in the form of book when it has already been published in the form of research articles without any changes.
I suggest to See also the following link:
Tyson Muungo
University of Zambia
Majority of the comments sounds very uncertain of such calling
Khos-Erdene Khishigbayar
Korean Institute of Ceramic Engineering and Technology
I also received many times and wondered what it is.
3rd Nov, 2018
Zhwan Sktani
Erbil polytechnic university
No, it is not reliable and there are many criticism heard from academicians.
Guangcan Li
South China Normal University
Thanks for the above answers, I know how to handle the invitation now.
Cristian Maneiro
Maestral International
Thanks for this topic, i have just received a similar mail from this publisher...
Elsa Ananda
Universitas Negeri Yogyakarta
I also got similar mail from this publisher and looking for the information related the existence of them. Thanks for the topic.
Tomáš Šabata
Czech Technical University in Prague
Same for me. They want to publish my workshop article..
Saad Kariem Shather
University of Technology, Iraq
Yes,why not .
Debasish Pandit
Khulna Agricultural University
I also got similar mail from them and being confused.
Yan Shi
Nanjing University of Aeronautics & Astronautics
They sent me emails by several times, and just for a conference report... They are too lazy to search the journal artical.
Jiang Guo
DUT
It is a German Publishing House, which belongs to VDM Publishing Group, but has a bad reputation on the Internet.
Yendris Krisno Syamruth
Universitas Nusa Cendana
I got simmilar E-mail from them, but i do not reply it and Based on this web : https://www.quora.com/What-is-Lambert-Academic-Publishing that e-mail is Spam.thank You
Tadewos Damena
Adama Science and Technology University
I got similar E-mail from them , do their publisher indexed with world wide data base?
Renata Czechowska-Biskup
Lodz University of Technology
So, somebody recommend that Lambert Academic Publishing?
Draženka Skupnjak
I also got similar mail from this publisher. Thanks for the answers.
Blagovest Belev
Nikola Vaptsarov Naval Academy
I have got an e-mail from this publisher. Pay attention, the publisher is in the Dolos list:
31st Jan, 2019
Erjan Akhmedov
Kazakh-British Technical University
Forget it, guys. Don't recommend
31st Jan, 2019
Alhayat Getu Temesgen
Uludag University
Yes, we can Publish our works (Books, Thesis etc). I recommend that publishing any work in Lambert Academic Publishing because it is free from publication fee.
Manisha Gupta
Super Specialty Cancer Institute and hospital
just got an email from them..publishing with them.....nah!
Thank you for all replies
Regards
May Thu
Walailak University
I have got this email too. Thank you for your recommend. I found out this was one of the Dolos list.
Mwesigwa David
Lira University, Uganda
I also got an e-mail from them; was still thinking about it until I read your comments, thanks all
Suraj Juddoo
Middlesex University, UK
Thanks for the info.
Sajjad Porgar
Islamic Azad University Shahriyar
Of course yes.I have co-operated with them
21st Feb, 2019
Isnawati Isnawati
Universitas Negeri Surabaya
Until this time I still confuse to co-operated with this publisher
1st Mar, 2019
Mohammad Olfat
Shahid Beheshti University
While we can publish our papers in Emerald for free, why we should choose this this poor publishing? It was for the first time a publisher comes to me and ask me if I am willing to work with them? To me that is very disgusting.
2nd Mar, 2019
Nduka Wonu
Ignatius Ajuru University of Education Port Harcourt
I need more information about Emerald, Mohammad Olfat
3rd Mar, 2019
Lief Erikson Diocampo Gamalo
University of the Philippines Mindanao
Some answers said "yes" while others say "no". Can anyone humbly send a link to confirm if the publisher is reliable? Thank you very much guys.
3rd Mar, 2019
Mohammad Olfat
Shahid Beheshti University
Nduka Wonu you don't Emerald Group Publishing?! Please check the website www.emeraldinsight.com
Nduka Wonu
Gabriel Modukpe
Rivers State University of Science and Technology
I got an email from Lambert Academic Publishing as well. Please how do you rate them on a scale of 5?
Rino Febrianno Boer
London School of Public Relations Jakarta
I'm also received email from them, still not decided yet...
Joachim Lipski
Ludwig-Maximilians-University of Munich
This is a publisher who will publish every academic text without further review. They publish as print-on-demand, apparently with unrealistically high prices. They also publish wikipedia articles, i.e. copy and paste from the web and print it. A German article on this publishing model bears the headline "The academic junkyard" (https://www.zeit.de/studium/uni-leben/2012-11/vdm-publishing-group-wissenschaftsverlag-doktorarbeiten). Here is an English blog post called "academic spam", which calls the model "vanity publishing": http://chrisnf.blogspot.com/2009/06/academic-spam.html Also compare: https://www.quora.com/What-is-Lambert-Academic-Publishing and https://slate.com/technology/2014/03/lap-lambert-academic-publishing-my-trip-to-a-print-content-farm.html
Of course, it's still up to each of you whether or not you're fine with that publishing model.
23rd Mar, 2019
Manar A. Moh
Planning system
me too , the same message
1st Apr, 2019
Ryszard A. Daniel
RADAR Structural
3rd Apr, 2019
Richard Bruce Lamptey
I will avoid this publisher any day!
Masumeh Gilanizadeh
Urmia University
I received the same email from Lambert Academic Publishing. What should I do? Should I trust?
Hemn Namiq Jameel
Soran University
I just received an email and checked online to get some information about this publishing house. It took me to this discussion. I have not decided yet but probably I will decline their offer as lots of people have doubts about it.
Ramin Javahershenas
Urmia University
I have not received the same email from Lambert Academic Publishing. What should I do?
Ramachandran Chelliah
Kangwon National University
i too received an invitation mail to write a book chapter on my published manuscript
1st May, 2019
Yared Demssie
Wageningen University & Research
I also got an invitation to publish my already published article. This article has already been published in a peer reviewed journal (impact factor 5.6). I was wondering if it is desirable, appropriate, or common to publish (as a book) an already published work. In addition, I have seen many manuscripts simply(regardless of their quality and without any editing and peer review) being published as books. I do not recommend publishing with any publisher that publishes everything and anything.
3rd May, 2019
Mallikarjuna Reddy Kesama
Sungkyunkwan University
Its, not been suggested.
Onyeka Chukwudozie
University of California, San Diego
I got the same mail as well. The major shortcomings is the fact that their publication is not peer reviewed which is more like publishing anything they come across without recommendation
Sima Ferdowsi
Shahid Bahonar University of Kerman
I got the same email as well
Vance Stevens
Learning2gether
The paper they wanted from me was published in a conference proceedings ten years ago and is available online there and here on research gate. I don't see any benefit to me in going through the process of a paperback publication, especially considering feedback such as here, https://www.quora.com/What-is-Lambert-Academic-Publishing and https://academia.stackexchange.com/questions/2513/is-lambert-academic-publishing-a-reputable-company , etc.
21st May, 2019
Vance Stevens
Learning2gether
Here is a great post in Slate on the Lambert publishing experience written by someone who knew what he was getting into, went through the process anyway essentially to document it, and did some decent research on what he could find out about the company: https://slate.com/comments/technology/2014/03/lap-lambert-academic-publishing-my-trip-to-a-print-content-farm.html .
The bottom line is that having a book on your cv published by one of these gig economy mills is likely to be an "embarrassment". In short, why bother;upload your work to ResearchGate and have it actually read by peers. It will save you a lot of effort, and don't think for a minute you'll earn anything from having that blight on your cv.
21st May, 2019
Vance Stevens
Learning2gether
Sorry, this just gets richer. Here, Bond University warns its graduates about selling away their copyright to unscrupulous companies who apply no value-added to what is already available on open access from the university. In their words:
" If you are completing your HDR studies, or just starting your academic career as a PhD graduate beware of solicitous emails from predatory publishers that seek out authors of new theses.
"The most dominating of these publishers is Lambert Academic Publishing (LAP) a subsidiary of VDM Verlag. Lambert specialises in the publication of theses, but is not considered a bonafide academic publisher as they merely reproduce theses without any editorial oversight, i.e. they do not apply the basic standards of academic publishing such as peer-review, editorial or proof-reading processes into their hurried production of theses into books. Lambert has been described as an author mill which bases its business on producing high price print-on-demand books for a large number of new PhD graduates sourced from universities around the globe, exemplified by many of the 106,602 LAP paperback books on Amazon(as at 11 Feb 2015)."
23rd May, 2019
Hasan N. Muslim
Imam Al-Kadhum College (IKC)
Dear Shua,
Lambert Academic Publishing is a scam. LAP spams scholars who have published theses offering to republish them as books with a zero editing or reviewing.
1. LAP create a front cover using stock art and place the "book" online (on their own site and sister sites, and on Amazon) for sale at high prices with no indication that this work is an unedited thesis.
2. The author never sees a penny of those sales.
3. Then begins the next stage of the scam - the hard sell. Scholars are drawn in by the promise of royalties but these are a mirage. In reality, LAP presses authors to buy expensive copies of their own book! Not only do these authors risk being out-of-pocket, but they also risk damaging their reputation by publishing with LAP.
4. Now I ask you, What about LAB indexing!!
Google scholar? RG? Scopus? ISI? other universal libraries and indexes?
only AMAZON ? ( Does Amazon indicate for a good Publisher?)
Best Regards,
Hasan
Tharuka Gunathilake
Deakin University
I got this email too.
Sudip Mondal
Basirhat College
Is it violation of Copyright when an article published and copyright protected by the respective journal?
Tafsir Ahmed Chowdhury
International Centre for Diarrhoeal Disease Research, Bangladesh
Is it peer reviewed journal, if it is not so why published my thesis ?why they are not going through peer reviewed
Joachim Lipski
Ludwig-Maximilians-University of Munich
Tafsir: Because their business model depends on putting in the least amount of effort as possible.
I am grateful for all concerns raised by researchers about Lambert Academic Publishing.
Actually, I received their invitation to publish my already published research work and decided to ignore it.
This is how they wrote:
Dear Dr. Shayo, I am Alina Covali from Lambert Academic Publishing. Would you be interested in publishing your work "Strategies to ameliorate endothelial dysfunction associated with metabolic syndrome, where are we?" as a paperback edition? At Lambert Academic Publishing, we have worked with more than 250,000 authors, offering them international, free-of-charge publishing. Can you imagine your work as a book? Just send me a short reply and I will gladly provide you with some details.
1st Jul, 2019
Ariane Brandenburg
The University of Waikato
Thank you all for your input on Lambert Academic Publishing. By now I have received two emails from them regarding an already published paper and also decided to just ignore them.
Their first email:
Dear Dr Ari Brandenburg,
I am Noorjahan Lallmamode from Lambert Academic Publishing.
Would you be interested in publishing your work "Carbide clusterfullerene DyYTiC@C80 featuring three different metals in the endohedral cluster and its single-ion magnetism" as a paperback edition?
At Lambert Academic Publishing, we have worked with more than 250,000 authors, offering them international, free-of-charge publishing.
Can you imagine your work as a book?
Just send me a short reply and I will gladly provide you with some details.
Sincere regards,
Noorjahan Lallmamode
Editor
Their second email:
Dear Dr Ari Brandenburg,
I would like to cordially re-invite you to publish a printed book with Lambert Academic Publishing.
Our publishing house has been founded in Germany in 2002 and we offer free of charge services.
In case needed, we ensure a professional formatting and create promotional materials and posts on our social media platforms. You may consider publishing a guide, a teaching textbook or an academic writing.
We do respect your work and rights. That is why, as author, you grant us only the non-exclusive rights of your research, therefore we will publish, reproduce, print, distribute and commercialize your book. And in case you would like to republish your work afterwards, you have the full right to do it.
What do you think?
Looking forward to discuss possible ways we can collaborate.
Sincere regards,
Noorjahan Lallmamode
Editor
Djedjiga Boukhlef
Unité de Recherche en Energies Renouvelables en Milieu Saharien
Dear the users of Researchgate,
I have received an email from them ( Lambert academic publishing ) :
I am Lia Basoc from Lambert Academic Publishing.
We would be interested to publish a printed book based on your research entitled
"Modeling by Finite Elements Method of Nonlinear Conductivity in Corrosive Mediums".
In brief, Lambert Academic Publishing is dedicated to scientific works written in English.
Our books are distributed worldwide through well known shops such as Amazon, Morebooks, Hachette. In addition, we bear all costs related to the production, marketing and distribution of our books.
D. Boukhlef, would you agree to receive more information?
I am looking forward to your reply.
Sincere regards, Lia Basoc Editor
I am waiting for your answers
Sincere regards,
Juliet Ifechi Kenn-Ndubuisi
I also received an invitation from LAP to work on my already published work.
Hasan N. Muslim
Imam Al-Kadhum College (IKC)
Dear colleagues,
In Iraq, the ministry of higher education and scientific research declared that LAP Lambert Academic Publishing is a scam publisher and has no scientific indexing
With best Regards
Hasan
1st Aug, 2019
Joseph Otoo
Pi - Tech Group
This link will provide you with some details about the authenticity of LAP.
dmr sekhar
If someone publishes your work free of cost in print, what is wrong? Where is the spam? If you are expecting royalty, it may be a problem.
Thanks,
Sekhar
Abdullateef Taiye Mustapha
Jiangsu University
I won’t do a full analysis here because that’s already been done quite well by other bloggers.
Perhaps the best description and analysis of Lambert Academic Publishing is the one written by Christopher Collins of Toronto, Ontario in his blog. He concludes “Steer clear of this company,” and I agree.
Recommendation: Do not do any business with Lambert Academic Publishing.
Mohammed Almasseri
Ministry of Education saudi arabia
I also received an email invitation to publish my already published article and decided to ignore it.
Dear Mohammed Almasseri,
I am Diana Perju from Lambert Academic Publishing.
We would be interested to publish a printed book based on your research entitled "How flipped learning based on the cognitive theory of multimedia learning affects students' academic achievements".
In brief, Lambert Academic Publishing is dedicated to scientific works written in English. Our books are distributed worldwide through well known shops such as Amazon, Morebooks, Hachette. In addition, we bear all costs related to the production, marketing and distribution of our books.
Mohammed Almasseri, would you agree to receive more information?
I am looking forward to your reply.
Sincere regards,
Diana Perju
Editor
22nd Aug, 2019
Izak van Zyl
Cape Peninsula University of Technology
The answer is a definite NO, they are NOT reliable. Please read this analysis: https://journalology.blogspot.com/2012/09/lambert-academic-publishing-or-how-not.html
22nd Aug, 2019
Maca Sudirman
Bosowa University
I think that it is realible for the thesis because the work has been reviewed by the supervisiors. As long as the author get the ISBN book.
Dalia Mostafa
The American University in Cairo
Like other peer bloggers, I am clueless and prefer not to take them seriously. Will check out the links above out of curiosity though:)
Regards to all!
Update:
I did read...Disgraceful, to say the least!
3rd Sep, 2019
Sarita Gupta
JK Lakshmipat University Jaipur
Received the same email, in reference of that research paper which is under printing process.
Surprisingly, how they came to know about that title which is not communicate anywhere else.
LPA seems a predatory one!!!!
Gatot Gunarso
Universitas Kristen Krida Wacana
Dear Mr. Gatot Gunarso, I am Victoria Gheorghina from Lambert Academic Publishing. Would you be interested in publishing your work "An Entrepreneur Point-of-View About Policies to Support Innovation in Sharing Economy Era" as a paperback edition? At Lambert Academic Publishing, we have worked with more than 250,000 authors, offering them international, free-of-charge publishing. Can you imagine your work as a book? Just send me a short reply and I will gladly provide you with some details.
Sincere regards, Victoria Gheorghina Editor
LAP LAMBERT Academic Publishing Founded in Germany in 2002 Now in whole Europe, Africa, Asia and South America
MoreBooks! Marketing SRL Registration No. 1011602004108
Mahmoud Hamdy Abd El-Aziz
Plant Pathology Research Institute
Yes, it is. They are work carefully on our publishing research.
Paul Tereshchenko
Not the best option to publish.
Malay Kumar Adak
University of Kalyani
This publishers still are not indexed by Scopus, wave of science etc.
They have no impact factor judged by Thomson Reuter
Muhammad Musa Khan
Hainan Institute of Zhejiang University
Actually if you are looking for a SCI or IF thing this is s not a right place. but when you published your paper in SCI journals your thesis is just like bunch of papers attached together. May be you can use your thesis as a book. After you publish all the important data from it.
Himanshu Agarwal
Deva Nagri College
It s safe to publish.
I have also published my D. Litt. Thesis form there.
21st Oct, 2019
Izak van Zyl
Cape Peninsula University of Technology
^^^ disagree!
dmr sekhar
If someone offers to publish your research in print, it is welcome. If to accept the offer or not is still your choice. The problem comes when you expect payment form the publisher.
Thaks,
Sekhar
Ahsen Maqsoom
COMSATS University Islamabad
LAP is asking to publish a paper as a book in LAP, the metioned paper is already published In a well recognised journal. They sent me re-invitation. Is it OK to allow already published paper to be printed as a Book by another body?
dmr sekhar
Yes, if you are giving the reference of the original/ first publication.
Thanks,
Sekhar
Jyotsna Chauhan
Rajiv Gandhi Proudyogiki Vishwavidyalaya
THEY PUBLISHED IT FREE OF COST
Bright Raj
Sacred Heart College
I hope, its a suitable platform for beginners to be a author of his or her own write up.
Idongesit Effiong Sampson
IT IS NOT ONLY LAMBERT THAT PUBLISHES THESIS AS BOOKS, OTHER BOOK COMPANIES DO, ONLY THAT THEY DO NOT CREATE AWARENESS AS LAMBERT DOES. I HAVE GONE TO THEIR BOOKSHOP www.morebooks.shop. I HAVE NOT SEEN THE WORD THESIS ON ANY OF THEIR BOOKS. IF YOU WANT TO PUBLISH YOUR THESIS, CHANGE THE TOPIC, REVIEW THE CONTENTS AND MAKE A REVISED COPY THAT IS MORE VOLUMINUOS THAN THE THESIS. IF YOU DO NOT SEND THE THESIS EXACTLY AS IT WAS, YOU HAVE NOT VIOLATED ANY COPYRIGHT LAW. LAMBERT DID NOT TELL YOU TO SEND YOUR THESIS EXACTLY AS IT WAS, BUT IN A MODIFIED FORM. THERE IS A FORMAT LAMBERT USES THAT MAKES THE FINAL PRODUCT DIFFERENT FROM YOUR THESIS. WITH THIS FORMAT, YOU CANNOT VIOLATE THE COPYRIGHT LAW. YOUR THESIS CAN BE ACCEPTED BY ANY BOOK COMPANY AND PUBLISHED, NOT ONLY LAMBERT. IF YOU STUDY HARD YOU CAN PUBLISH MANY TEXTBOOKS FROM ONE THESIS. IF YOU HAVE ANY OBJECTIONS, LET ME KNOW. THANK YOU.
Sanjeev Kumar Gupta
All India Institute of Speech and Hearing
It is better to avoid LAP.
Idongesit Effiong Sampson
IF YOU SAY IT IS BETTER TO AVOID LAP AND YOU HAVE NOT GIVEN ANY COGENT REASON, YOU MAKE PEOPLE TO SUSPECT THAT YOU ARE ONE OF THE ENEMIES OF LAP. IF YOU HAVE ANY REASONS EXPLAIN THEM. YOU CANNOT COME TO A CONCLUSION WITHOUT PREMISES. REMEMBER THAT INDIVIDUAL PEOPLE ARE NOT BOOK REGULATORY AGENCIES. DO YOUR BOOK BUSINESS ,LET LAP DO ITS OWN BOOK BUSINESS. I HAVE NEVER SEEN TWO BIRDS COLLIDING IN THE SKY. YOU AND YOUR SPONSORS STAND THE RISK OF BEING SUED TO COURT AND EVENTUALLY IMPRISONED. THANK YOU,SIR.
Fred Boateng
University of Ghana
Hmmmm, they send/spam emails to their prospective authors...
Idongesit Effiong Sampson
LAP LAMBERT IS NOT THE ONLY PUBLICATION COMPANY THAT SEND E- MAILS TO PROSPECTIVE AUTHORS. I HAVE BEEN RECEIVING E-MAILS FROM MANY PUBLICATION COMPANIES. IS THERE ANYTHING WRONG WITH CREATING AWARENESS ABOUT ONES BUSINESS? SENDING E-MAILS IS A MEANS OF PUBLICITY AND THERE IS NO REGULATION AGAINST IT. IF YOU HAVE ANY OBJECTIONS, LET ME KNOW. THANK YOU.
Jyotsna Chauhan
True i think atleast one copy should be provided
Çağla Taşçı
Pamukkale University
They had sent me one copy free of charge in 2011.
2nd Feb, 2020
Il-tong Cheon
Yonsei University
There are many arguments about LAP (You can find them in Google site).
I found that many people mixed books up with journals of research papers which require peer review. Books are merchandises and, therefore, they should be evaluated by business standard. People can publish his thesis as a book but his research paper should be published in a journal because it is basically not a merchandise. LAP has never said " publish in their journals".
Sundip hemant Charmode
Ok for beginners I would say.
But search for better ones.
Regards

-----
What is InTech Open Science? A predatory or a ligitimate publisher?
Question
  • Stephen Jia WangStephen Jia Wang
Dear friends colleagues, have you ever received an invitation to publish your work at InTech Open Science (https://www.intechopen.com/)? I have recently been invited to edit a new book title for them. I am usually suspicious with such invitations and must check the authenticity of the publisher first. Interestingly, they claim that they have published the work for two recent Nobel Laureates. Therefore, I would appreciate your experience and opinions regarding InTech Open Science.
Kind regards,

The paper presents an analysis of publishing of monographic publications under the auspices of the Serbian Orthodox Church in the defined period from 1990 to 1995. The focus of research was to establish was there a general publishing strategy, what intentions and needs guided publishers, and whether accusations that Serbian Orthodox Church had an a...
The 150th anniversary of the Royal Historical Society offers an opportunity for an investigation into its publications over the longue durée . Its slow transformation from an association of literary dilettanti to a body of professional historians in the period 1890–1910 was accompanied by changes to its publication programme: the appointment of a l...
The study contains an overview of publications on the development of publishing houses, printing enterprises and book products of the Saratov Province in the first decade of the Soviet power. The description of scholarly monographs, articles and bibliographic manuals, fully or partially related to the topic, is given. Individual scholars contributi...