Question
Asked 4th Aug, 2020

Is this a new scam or something reliable?

Dear colleagues,
Today I received an email from "awards@scienceconnect.online" with the following text:
Dear Author,
Congratulations, Your recent publication has been provisionally selected for Research Awards and recommended by our scientific committee. So kindly nominate with your recent research profile/resume through an online submission system. After a few steps of profile verification and registration processes you will get your Research Award.
Selected Award Category: Best Research Award Note: Submit your updated profile under the selected award category.
With regards,
The Award Manager, Research Awards An International Research Awards ScienceFather
There was also a nomination link, which I removed from the text above and that I did not try to open, as well as the abstract of a paper that was accepted a few days ago and made available online about 10 hours before that mail was being sent. According to the website (https://sciencefather.com/awards/), one needs to pay a registration fee in order to apply for an award. Is this a new scam? Thanks for your help.

Cynthia Sibongile Nkutha
Vaal University of Technology
Hy Sir
I received the same email, with the exact same wording for one of my recent published works. From the get-go it seemed fraudulent, why would they require you to populate your information where is the is ORCID with an author's information.
Thank you for sharing, I hope many more see this post and do not fall for such a trap

Nidhal Kamel Taha El-Omari
The World Islamic Science and Education University
I have received many emails like your email. They always ask you to pay in advance to get the reward. I always send them an agreement to take half of my reward and send me the remaining amount of money. Of course, no one reply to my request.

Arpita Dutta
National University of Singapore
Dear Sir,
Now-a-days, it becomes a business strategy.
Please check the winners of previous years for the credibility of these type of awards.
The connected people like organizers, judges, and funding agencies are well-known or not.
By observing these things you can realize the importance of the award.
Keira O'Kane
Ulster University
also received this email on the 9th August, assuming it is a scam
Sumit Verma
University of Texas of the Permian Basin
I also received it. The email mentions my most recent Elsevier JNGSE's publication, which came online a week ago. It is certainly a scam.
Dear Author,
Congratulations, Your recent publication has been provisionally selected for Research Awards and recommended by our scientific committee. So kindly nominate with your recent research profile/resume through an online submission system. After a few steps of profile verification and registration processes you will get your Research Award.
Selected Award Category: Best Research Award Nomination Link: https://x-i.me/I6O Note: Submit your updated profile under the selected award category.  
With regards,
The Award Manager, Research  Awards An International Research Awards ScienceFather
Louise Owusu-Kwarteng
University of Greenwich
I've just had this email too..
Noura Hemdan Abou-Taleb
Mansoura University
I have received this email too
Murat Kaya
Aksaray Üniversitesi
I think it is fake, please be carreful!
Arul Jothi Nagarajan
University of Cape Town
Looks like a scam! Our article published in the morning and within ah hour or so my PI received an email stating that she got the research award for the very same paper.
Sherif Mohamed Eid
October 6 University
I have received the same e-mail. I think it is fake
Sadar Aslam
University of Karachi
I also received the same email today...
Guoqin Cao
Zhengzhou University
scam
Chengdong Yuan
Kazan (Volga Region) Federal University
I also got the same email now. I feel it is a scam. Then I googled on the internet, and I found it here. Thank you for sharing.
Sarah M. Hutchison
University of British Columbia - Vancouver
I also got a similar email just now, seems like a scam.
Duy Phong Pham
Sungkyunkwan University
I also got the same email now . It like a scam. Thank you for sharing.
21st Aug, 2020
Binayak Bhandari
Woosong University, Daejeon
**** THIS IS SCAM **** DONT VERIFY / REGISTER **** DONT SUBMIT YOUR PROFILE ****
Dear Author,
Congratulations, Your recent publication has been provisionally selected for Research Awards and recommended by our scientific committee. So kindly nominate with your recent research profile/resume through an online submission system. After a few steps of profile verification and registration processes, you will get your Research Award.
Selected Award Category: Best Research Award Nomination Link: https://x-i.me/ve2 Note: Submit your updated profile under the selected award category.  
With regards,
21st Aug, 2020
Joachim Vollbrecht
Institute for Solar Energy Research (ISFH)
This definitely sounds like a scam. I also received such an e-mail within minutes after a manuscript was published online.
21st Aug, 2020
Jean-Claude Grivel
Technical University of Denmark
About an hour ago I received this email from someone signing as "Award Manager":
Give reply to as an award manager
Dear professor,
I will inform you ScienceFather Awards are not a scam one. The scienceFather publicizes an outline of Awards for researchers in order to help excellence in various fields of science and technology. These Awards are known as "Best Research Awards". The award is open to those researchers involved in graduate education and research happenings that accentuate bearable progress.
ScienceFather award is a purely merit based Award platform. The award is based on researcher latest publication, Quality of paper, Novelty and past performance only the researcher are provisionally selected as an award nominee. After submission of researcher nomination profile, we verified all indexing, research merit, complete verification and our committee recommendation only the award has been declared and provided to the award to the nominee. To you have any more clarification kindly Send Reply to shen@sciencefather.com
Benefits:
• Advancing perfection and perceiving remarkable commitments made by the youthful researchers for their work done essentially during the span of study.
• Find out about career advancement and the most recent research devices and technologies in your field.
• Graduates are motivated by the chance to choose neighborhood or worldwide subjects of pertinence/enthusiasm to them, and build up their own logical examinations and models drawing in locally or universally.
Please Kindly Remove the Researchgate post, sir.
Award Manager
ScienceFather
I replied politely as follows:
Hi,
My post on ResearchGate is simply a question. It is by no means an attack against you. You are welcome to post a reply on the thread to present your own point of view. This will even be excellent for you since your answer will be exposed to thousands of researchers.
Best regards
J.-C. Grivel
A little later came this email from the same address:
Sir,
Inform as an Award Manager I have attending many enquiries regarding your Post. So if you have any clarification required to contact me. This is not a legal way to writing your personal things and damage the company name as a post to public. It is also possible many of them taking wrongly. So remove your post immediately.
Award Manager
ScienceFather
I expect that the attacks will become stronger with time and probably I'll remove the post at some point.
21st Aug, 2020
Joydeep Dutta
KTH Royal Institute of Technology
Dr. Grivel, I did not see any credibility when a more composed email came my way, which by the way also is something I have never experienced in the 30 years career!!
Dear Author,
Selected Award Category: Best Research Award Nomination Link: https://x-i.me/8qw Note: Submit your updated profile under the selected award category.
With regards,
The Award Manager, NESIN Research Awards An International Research Awards ScienceFather
Reference:
A biopolymer coating on copper was prepared based on chitosan nanocomposite and its corrosion inhibition efficiency was investigated. Inclusion of silica nanoparticles substantially reduces swelling ratio of chitosan coating while enhancing its thermal stability. The corrosion resistance of chitosan-based coatings is improved by introducing 2-mercaptobenzothiazole and silica in the matrix. It is found that upon crosslinking the chitosan coatings, a higher corrosion resistance could be achieved and the highest inhibition efficiency for chitosan nanocomposite coatings is calculated as 85%. The corrosion mechanism is found closely related to mass transition and diffusion process, and also the polarization resistance contributes to the impedance. Calculated impedance using Kramers-Kronig transformation shows good agreement with experimental values, thus validating the impedance measurements. This study exhibits the enhanced efficiency of nanocomposite and potential of chitosan coatings in corrosion prevention for copper.
21st Aug, 2020
Edison Gilpavas
Universidad EAFIT
It is actually a scam.
21st Aug, 2020
Sandra Guerrero
National Scientific and Technical Research Council
I also received the same email. I have to confess that at the very beginning I was thrilled to bits jajajaj. Luckily, I have searched in the web
21st Aug, 2020
Joachim Vollbrecht
is there actually any legal angle they could pursue to remove this thread? I do not think this discussion should be removed, but I can understand that you might not want to be pestered by ScienceFather in the future.
21st Aug, 2020
Yassine Slimani
Imam Abdul Rahman bin Faisal University
It is 1000 % a scam. Don't remove anything. Sometimes, it is better to mention about fake links.
If it is NOT legal as they mentioned, they can contact easily the ResearchGate team and it will be removed automatically by them.
22nd Aug, 2020
Etelvino Novotny
I also received the same email just now. I suspected it was a scam. So I searched the internet and found it here. Thanks for sharing.
23rd Aug, 2020
Jeff Sakamoto
University of Michigan
Ditto Novotny's comment.
Ana María Borromei
National Scientific and Technical Research Council Buenos Aires, Buenos Aires F.D., Argentina
yes, today, I also received this mail from Research Awards! I think that it is a scam
Leanne Kelly
Deakin University
Yes we received one of these emails as well. It's a scam.
Melek Elif Somer
Bahçeşehir University
Yes I received also such a mail
Arkady L. Kholodenko
Clemson University
We live in the time of ORCID (established in 2012). All essential information about this or that researcher is placed on ORCID. All major journals require ORCID number. Accordingly, all information requested by the Research Awards is readily available nonline. Since they request it, they are not linked with science at al ! Most likely, they are not even aware of the ORCID numbers since they are to affiliated with any science.Accordingly, even if it not a scam, it is of no value scientifically.
Sam Tripathy
Bhabha Atomic Research Centre
I also got it right now. Surprisingly, how they come to know about the paper, which is not even published online yet !! Thanks for the thread.
Gianpiero Di Maida
Neanderthal Museum
Got the same email today: looked very suspicious already, but founding this thread was useful to confirm it as a scam
Lintao Zhong
Southern Medical University
I also got the same email
Hsiao-Ching Lin
Colorado State University
I also got it too.
Soudabeh Arsalani
Physikalisch-Technische Bundesanstalt
I also got it too
I also got it too
Mohammed O. Al-Amr
University of Mosul
Be aware it is a scam!
Kottakkaran Sooppy Nisar
Prince Sattam bin Abdulaziz University
Many such emails are receiving every day. Be careful
Mauricio Bellini
I received the same mail
Olle Torpman
Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences
I received it too.
Robert Tchitnga
Université de Dschang
I received a similar email today and I believe that it can only be a scam.
Otherwise, how can it be that the papers of all of us claiming to have received that same congratulation mail, no matter our respective research fields, are all "selected for Research Awards and recommended by their scientific committee"?
We should be very aware!!!
Be aware it is a scam!
Orion Ciftja
Prairie View A&M University
(August 30, 2020) My manuscript is not published yet (It has a DOI, but as far as I know, it is "waiting publication"). Nevertheless, I received today the same e-mail from "awards@scienceconnect.online". I believe that the purpose of this "research award" is to harvest information from the solicited researchers through the provided link. Does not look serious!
31st Aug, 2020
Pema Khandu
Texas State University
I received it too. Looks like a scam. Check their website too, it looks so realistic until now. :)
31st Aug, 2020
Yongliang Liu
Jilin University
My colleague also got one today. Be aware because it costs you 49 dollars.
31st Aug, 2020
Tim G Myers
CRM Centre for Mathematical Research
It is clearly a scam. Please do not remove this thread. It started as a question on whether it was a scam, there is no slander or legal issue in this. Their threat is clearly empty and the thread is helpful for many people who receive the email.
31st Aug, 2020
Haroldo Fraga de Campos Velho
National Institute for Space Research, Brazil
I received same e-mail. Looks like a scam: e-mail from "awards@scienceconnect.online".
1st Sep, 2020
Mohammad Hassan Khanjanpour
University of Exeter
I received it as well.
1st Sep, 2020
Jaydip Singh
University of Lucknow
I received the same email.
1st Sep, 2020
Roy Cerqueti
Sapienza University of Rome
I received the same mail. Thanks for your comments. Very helpful!
1st Sep, 2020
Ahmed Jellal
Chouaib Doukkali University
Today I received the same mail. Thanks
for your signals.
1st Sep, 2020
Baljit Singh
Punjab Agricultural University
I received the similar mail today.
2nd Sep, 2020
Usama Muhammad Zahid
COMSATS University Islamabad
I also got similar email today.
2nd Sep, 2020
Janusz Szewczenko
Silesian University of Technology
I received the same email.
2nd Sep, 2020
Sara Abdolmaleki
Kermanshah University of Medical Sciences
I also received this email. Is it really a scam?
Feroz A. Mir
Sher-i-Kashmir Institute of Medical Sciences
Recieved the same...
Hamid Sarkheil
Kharazmi University
I received the same email 4 days ago.
Waseem Haider
Central Michigan University
I received the same. Seems scam to me!
Wajid Ali
Heilongjiang University
Dear Prof !
I also get the same email, for the best research award. What's going on, confused
Taraprasanna Dash
Siksha O Anusandhan University
I have also got similar mail today. It's purely a business like insa research award. Please don't pay/go for it.
Shahista Parveen
Yenepoya University
I also received same mail today
Hossein Sadeghi
Arak University
I also received same e-mail today
Zaheer Ud Din
Dalian Medical University
looks like scam dear
Nikolay D Solovyev
IT Sligo
Trashed it to junk mail, looks like scam
Abdolhadi Farrokhnia
Shahid Chamran University of Ahvaz
I received exactly the same email, the only massage come out in my mind is: that is scam so when I see the same problem from research-gate friends, I am sure it is scam and I did not open the link.
Morteza Ebrahimi
Amirkabir University of Technology
I got the same e-mail to day!!!
Mohammad Kooshafar
Kerman Graduate University of Technology
I also received same email today . Seems scam !
Ambrose Ugwu
Norwegian University of Science and Technology
I also received the same email today. It's likely a scam since the sender used a personal Gmail address (Gowthami Raveendharan <gowthamiraveendharan@gmail.com)
Gary Mclean
London Metropolitan University
Also received this, likely a scam.
Natalia S Duxbury
George Mason University
Please do not click on the link. It’s highly likely a scam!
Elango Natarajan
UCSI University
I too received the mail
Karan Devasani
University of South Florida
I also received the same email.
Olusesan Ayodeji Makinde
Viable Knowledge Masters
Me too. I just received the mail and Google the name of the website which landed me here. Paper was published only 24 hours earlier and identified for 'Best Research Award'.
Obasanjo Bolarinwa
University of KwaZulu-Natal
This is purely hand work of scammers. Do not fall prey please.
Sonali Sengupta
Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur
I also received same email and I'm also thinking whether this award is suspicious or not. I never heard of this award before. I am not going to do anything on this.
Kola A Oyediran
JSI Research & Training Institute, Inc.
You shouldn't respond to such an email since you didn't apply for any research grant or enter for a research award. You should not fall prey to the scammers.
Juan A. Martínez-Román
Universidad de Sevilla
I also received same email today . Do not fall prey please.
Seems scam
Assumpta Chinwe Nwanya
University of Nigeria
I just received the same mail. Probably a scam
Zebib Yenus (Z Y) Nuru
Adigrat University
Received this twice, should be a scammers.
Edward Bormashenko
Ariel University
I also received such a letter. This is a new kind of scientific rogues. This is a scam.
J. Mohamedmoideen Kader Mastan
Anna University, Chennai
I too received the mail. This is such a novel scam, i guess.
Raphael Mmaduka Obodo
University of Nigeria
I have received it twice, opened their site, discovered that it is a scam when they requested that I should pay.
Mallikarjuna Balichakra
National Institute of Technology Karnataka
I too received same email. Is it reliable or fake?
Oleksii Konashevych
LAST-JD
I've got the same. Congrats! We all are awarded! Ha-ha-ha
Guadalupe Pinar
Akademie der Bildenden Künste Wien
me too...
Marijana Petković
Vinča Institute of Nuclear Sciences
Just received and spam reported ...
Patrick Baril
CNRS Orleans Campus
Got the same mail, scam.
The question is to know if you want to have a false award for 50 dollars ?
It is quite cheap for a crap award, isn’t ! that at the end none will recognize...
Please to no remove this post as more scientific people become aware, more chance that they will stop their buisness
Thanks for shearing
Şenol Şirin
Duzce University
I also received the same mail too.
I think this site is a trap to deceive people or to clone their academic accounts.
Thanks for answers
Arumugam Sundaramanickam
Annamalai University
Fraud
Mona Abdel Rehim
National Research Center, Egypt
I have received it too.
Dimitrios Karfaridis
Aristotle University of Thessaloniki
"With regards,
The Award Manager"????
Sameer Sheshrao Gajghate
National Institute of Technology, Agartala
Dear Sir,
I too received the same mail for one of my publication.
Dear Author,
Selected Award Category: Best Research Award
Nomination Link:
Note: Submit your updated profile under the selected award category.
With regards,
The Award Manager,
Research Awards
An International Research Awards
ScienceFather
So, I too want to know whether this is authentic or one of the type of fraud.
Thanks with regards,
Sameer Gajghate
Rupesh Singh
Chubu University
“Dear Author,
Nomination Link: https://x-i.me/8qw
With regards,
The Award Manager,
NESIN Research Awards
An International Research Awards
ScienceFather
Hua Xiao
Shanghai Jiao Tong University
I also received the same email. Pretty sure it's a new scam.
M. M. Aghdam
Amirkabir University of Technology
Seems to be a false and fraudulent email as I also received the same email and one of my published works randomly is mentioned. It is really a piece of unfortunate that the virtual environment does not have a police and active prosecution route to properly stop this sort of scams.
Abhishek Mukherjee
University of Calcutta
I have received the same email today...From the get go it appeared fraudulent and fake...similar approaches have been made earlier by many other so-called scientific organizations so this one being a fishing scan was a no brainer.
Rooban Thavarajah
Ragas Dental College
Definitely Scam of the highest order.
Can you help by adding an answer?

NESIN Research Awards, Science Father- Is it scam?
Question
  • Fazla Rabbi MashrurFazla Rabbi Mashrur
Dear colleagues,
Dear Author, Congratulations, Your recent publication has been provisionally selected for Research Awards and recommended by our scientific committee. So kindly nominate with your recent research profile/resume through an online submission system. After a few steps of profile verification and registration processes you will get your Research Award. Selected Award Category: Best Research Award Note: Submit your updated profile under the selected award category.   With regards, The Award Manager, NESIN Research  Awards An International Research Awards ScienceFather
Reference:

This paper describes user research conducted over the past three years for the U.S. Postal Service (USPS), with the overall goal of improving the usability of its website, USPS.com. This research has been part of a broad user-centered design approach to website enhancement implemented by USPS. This research has involved usability tests, card sortin...