Question
Asked 3rd May, 2017

Is there a LMW glutein in rye(Secale cereale)?

Hello.
Nowadays, I am studying on seed storage protein in wheat and their relatives.
HMW glutenin is well-known and it has been studied a lot, but LMW glutenin has studied less than HMW glutenin although LMW has a relatively shorter sequence than HMW because it is harder to distinguish LMW bands than HMW bands.
Glu-1 encodes HMW glutenins, and a lot of Glu-1 such as Glu-A1, Glu-B1, Glu-D1 in wheat, Glu-H1 in barley, and Glu-R1 in rye have been characterized.
However, I couldn't find Glu-R3 in Secale cereale. I could find only one study about Glu-R3 in Secale sylvestre. But as far as I know, Secale sylvestre is not a cultivated rye but a kind of wild rye. Also, there is no Glu-R3 protein or nucleotide information of S. cereale in NCBI database. 
I want to know LMW glutenin in Secale cereale because it can affect to the quality of 1RS wheat-rye translocation varieties. I can't find any related reference. Please help me.

Laith Al-Ani
University of Baghdad
Laith Al-Ani
University of Baghdad

Can someone explain the reason why antimicrobial peptides in the plant apoplast does /does not bind to its own plant phospholipids?
Question
  • Siva VelivelliSiva Velivelli
Plant apoplast contains various antimicrobial peptides e.g., defensins. As part of their antifungal mode of action, these defensins (not all defensins) are known to interact specifically with membrane-resident bioactive phospholipids, such as PA, PI(4,5)P2 with high affinity.  We know that these pathogens have different life style. Very importantly, when biotrophic pathogens thrive in the apoplst, they encounter various antifungal proteins and fungus needs to protect itself from these proteins which subsequently determine the outcome.  However, necrotrophic pathogens produce different cell wall-degrading enzymes (CWDEs) and toxins to kill the host plant cell.  When necrotrophic pathogens damage the cell wall and plasma membrane, the antimicrobial peptides (e.g., defensins) which are present in the apoplast, may encounter plant membrane-resident bioactive phospholipids. Do you think these defensins highly interact with plant phospholipids (instead of fungal membrane-resident bioactive phospholipids) and indirectly regulate its own plant lipid metabolism? If so, why does it prefer binding to its own phospholipids? Does this non-specific interaction leads to toxicity to the plant cells? What about binding to fungal membrane-resident bioactive phospholipids? Does defensin loses it ability to bind to fungal phospholipids, subsequently paving the way to infect the plant? How do transgenic (and also non-transgenic) plants over expressing phospholipid-binding proteins (e.g., defensins) control itself of these non-specific interactions?  Do you think the change in the environment (e.g., pH) can limit these non-specific interactions in both non-transgenic and overexpressing plants ?
I want to know that how can we measure the metals and nutrients concentration from digestate?
Question
1 answer
  • Nazia ZaffarNazia Zaffar
.i am researcher student of M.phil.My field is Environmental microbiology.where i want to know that how digestate effects on plant growth and inhibiting effect on plant pathogen (fungus) in soil (drought condition)

Meetings: MeetingsNew insights into plant–microbeinteractions through advances infungal genetics29thFungal Genetics Conference, AsilomarConference Center, Pacific Grove, California, USA,March 2017
Book
This book offers a collection of information on successive steps of molecular dialogue between plants and pathogens. It additionally presents data that reflects intrinsic logic of plant-parasite interactions. New findings discussed include: host and non-host resistance, specific and nonspecific elicitors, elicitors and suppressors, and plant and an...
Addressing the plant-microbe interactions is an important step in understanding the nature of the positive and negative aspects of microbes that can help for crop improvement.The progress that has been made in sequencing technology and different omics tools has significantly accelerated the research that has been done in the field of biological sci...