Question
Asked 22nd Feb, 2016

Is it possible to convert EEG dataset into csv file and then analyse using R tool or weka??

actually i know R tool so first que is how to convert edf file into csv or textfile .
2 que is is it possible to analyse this eeg data in R tool,or weka?

Ramón Martín-Brufau
University of Murcia
What about the import of the coherence matrix into R? I've been trying to find some information outhere without success. I could use some help.

Popular answers (1)

23rd Feb, 2016
Michael D. Nunez
University of Amsterdam
Usually it is better to import EEG data directly into R, MATLAB or Python from its native file.
For .edf files I found this utility with a quick Google search:
from

23rd Feb, 2016
Michael D. Nunez
University of Amsterdam
from
Following up on Michael's post:
Really, it is 'possible' to analyze EEG data in any software; most of the analysis is just basic math. However, there are open-source toolboxes in MATLAB and Python (e.g., EEGLAB, Fieldtrip, ERP PCA Toolkit, mne-python) that have already implemented most common tasks and will save you a lot of effort. R also has some stuff (e.g., I see an eegAnalysis package on CRAN) but I'm not sure how extensive it is.
Clinton Madhu
Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham
in weka ,we can save the file as CSV .
Darshan Khade
VIT University
Clinton m.u i know my friend but u can't import EDF format files in weka .
William J. Croft
OpenBCI / Lightfield Systems
EDF Browser has some helpful conversion utilities to/from various formats.
Afshin Shoeibi
University of Granada
I have recorded EEG in .e format. I want to convert .e file to .mat file in matlab for analysis. anyone know how to convert it?

Miriam Nieto
Complutense University of Madrid
I highly recommend the use of this page to download data:
Very easy to use. I wasn't able to get data from that page any other way. I hope it's usefull for someone in the future.
C K Roopa
JSS Science and Technology University
is it possible to convert ecg into csv file with lables of fluidic point as the heading
Bernard Giusiano
Aix-Marseille Université
A very good free tool to read and convert EEG (and MEG) data is AnyWave : http://meg.univ-amu.fr/wiki/AnyWave
Jelle Brouwer
University of Groningen
There is a comprehensive guide by Nienke Meulman ( https://www.nienkemeulman.nl/materials) that shows how you can import the raw EEG files into R. You save the end-product as .rdat files I believe, but if you really wanted to you could probably also export them to .csv.
On the same website is also a tutorial on how to analyze this data, if you were to use the event related potential method.
Ramón Martín-Brufau
University of Murcia

Preprint
As an active field of research and with the development of state-of-the-art algorithms to analyze EEG datasets, the parametrization of Electroencephalography (EEG) analysis workflows has become increasingly flexible and complex, with a great variety of methodological options and tools to be selected at each step. This high analytical flexibility ca...
Typescript (photocopy). Thesis (M.S. in Electrical Engineering)--Vanderbilt University, 1982. Includes bibliographical references (leaves 148-150).