Question
Asked 23rd Jan, 2016

If someone is an experienced user of AutoCAD electrical and electronics, is it easier for them to learn Matlab in the same domains?

Let's say they already have basic level experience in AutoCAD and hence, it is sensible to continue to master it first. Then I think, in the field of electrical and electronics, a natural extension would be Matlab or something else like PLC or SCADA? If it is Matlab, will the experience of AutoCAD help in understanding and learning Matlab? Thanks in advance.

Aline I. Maalouf
Australian National University
Yes, learning Autocad helps finding a good job in the electrical engineering market especially in the infrastructure sector and electrical installation where all drawings are made using autocad.

23rd Jan, 2016
Aline I. Maalouf
Australian National University
Autocad is a drawing software whereas Matlab is a language like Pascal, Fortran and C++ where you have to write a code and run it. It is not a drawing software. There is then no connection between the two and knowing Autocad does not help in learning Matlab. 
23rd Jan, 2016
Jitendra Singh Bhadoriya
National Institute of Technology, Kurukshetra
PLC , Scada covers the real time data or u can say it is real implementation of hardware in to software .In matlab we generally focus on the problems in virtual world ,however we can analyse the data for further modification as a future  work .if you know plc & scada than it is good but u will have to learn matlab from starting and focus on your problem for which u want a solution as explained by Aline matlab supports pascal ,fortan & c++ so it is much more universal than any other software in perspective of electrical & electronics engineering however for simulation portion you will surely benefited if you have mastery in autocad .
Andrew Lowery
AB Volvo
MATLAB is a high level programming language. This makes it very intuitive to grasp, it also can potentially be very complicated. I don't think that there is really any parallel between what you are asking about. I, however, have taught MATLAB courses for the past 8 years and it is a very useful tool that I would definitely recommend.  Good luck!
Sriteja Wudaru
Dublin City University
Thank you all for your responses. I understand that learning AutoCAD does not have any effect on learning Matlab. But do you think AutoCAD has a good future and learning it will help in finding some jobs? Especially in the western companies. Thanks in advance.

En el presente trabajo se muestra como fueron automatizados dos sistemas productivos existentes en el laboratorio de accionamiento eléctrico de la universidad de Camagüey para que se convirtieran en puestos de laboratorios acordes a las necesidades de la industria moderna. Los sistemas productivos fueron acoplados eléctricamente a un PLC, con esto,...
Günümüzde, endüstrinin gereksinimi konvansiyonel yöntemlerle proses değişkenlerinin ölçümü ve kontrolünden bu verilerin bilgisayarlar ve programlanabilir denetleyiciler (PLC) aracılığıyla toplanıp izlenmesi ve kontrolüne doğru kaymaktadır. Sanayide prosesin doğru olarak işletilmesi ve kontrol edilmesi doğru tasarlanması ile mümkündür. Bu amaçla dah...