Question
Asked 13th Oct, 2017

I am looking for African researchers (women needed!) in different fields. Any suggestions, please?

Dear all,
In the framework of a special issue of a French magazine that I am co-directing, I am looking for researchers working on Africa in different research fields, for short interviews about the future of Africa.
Women and African researchers are highly welcomed to apply for a better representativity of genders and countries.
Targeted fields, about Africa only (this list in non exhaustive):
- literature/linguistics
- physics/astrophysics
- terrestrial/marine biology
Thank you for your suggestions and applications,
Julie Morin-Rivat, PhD

Julie Morin-Rivat
Dear Chahrazed,
Thank you for your proposition. The project is closed, now.
All the best with your research!
Julie

Mona Molham
National Research Institute of Astronomy and Geophysics
I think I could help!
Marpha Telepova-Texier
Muséum National d'Histoire Naturelle
I know many women-researchers working on Africa, Madagascar
in botany
Fairo Dzekashu Foryuy
University of Pretoria
The University of Buea is like an el dorado for female researchers. Both experienced and upcoming.
Cesar Megina
Universidad de Sevilla
Badiâa Iazza, from Agadir, at present in the University of Seville in Spain. She is a Marine Biologist: badiaaz@gmail.com
Ingela Jansson
Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences
I may be able to help. I'm Swedish bot my research and conservation work is in Africa. / Ingela
Lillian Chepng'etich Boit
Kenyatta University
I am interested in the research. My area is the management & leadership of education at all levels.
There are many women researchers in all fields at Kenyatta University. I shall share the information with them.
Oum Kalthoum Ben Hassine
University of Tunis El Manar
I am interested. My research area is marine biology.
Legrand T. Cirimwami
Université du Cinquantenaire
I am interested and I think that I can find some women in different fields. My research area is the plant ecology and conservation sciences.
Best wishes.
Charchar Nabil
Le Centre de Recherche en Biotechnologie
I am interested. My research area is water birds behaviors and ecology.
Leonor Rodrigues
Federal Office for the Environment FOEN
I want to recommend Carine Bokatola, a PhD student in Ecology of Brazzaville Congo. carinebokatola@gmail.com
Wenceslau Geraldes Teixeira
Brazilian Agricultural Research Corporation (EMBRAPA)
Hi Leonor. How are you doing. I want to recommend Dr. Joana Bezerra, she is doing a very interesting work in South Africa with land use and tradicional populations bezerra.joana@gmail.com
Julie Morin-Rivat
Dear Wenceslau,
Many thanks for this recommendation!
Best wishes with your own research,
Julie
21st Mar, 2018
Vilma Machava António
Eduardo Mondlane University
Hi
I can help in Marine Biology.
Best Wishes
3rd Apr, 2018
Emilie Dotte Sarout
University of Western Australia
Dear Julie, I don't know why I see this so late, but in any case, you should definitely get in touch with Saran Koly and her many projects including Fields Magazine:
Best
Emilie
Julie Morin-Rivat
Merci, Émilie !
Floris Breman
Sciensano
I have an african collegue in the field of biosystematics and plant breeding. She is in my list of followers. I'll send you the name if you still need people
Chahrazed Rahmouni
Masaryk University
Hello,
I'm working on the parasite diversity of African cichlid fish inhabiting Lake Tanganyika if you're interested don't hesitate de contact me
with regards, and hard luck
Julie Morin-Rivat
Dear Chahrazed,
All the best with your research!
Julie

Conference Paper
In light of profound environmental transformations, the ocean requires a space in design research practice that respects its intelligent, sensitive, and multispecies material agency. These critical changes affect our planetary system as a holobiont and call for cross-species co-creation beyond the terrestrial. Recognition of the ocean as a sensoriu...
Unstable isotopes govern the late evolution of stars and their explosive phenomena, such as novae, supernovae, x-ray bursters and neutron star mergers. Most of them are still out of reach of terrestrial experiments. Upcoming facilities will allow scientists to produce/observe them and shed light on fundamental questions about our universe.