Question
Asked 31st May, 2018

How to solve Amber Leap PDB preparation error "atom does not have a type"?

I am using PDB file 5F9R of CRISPR/Cas9 pre-catalytic state structure for molecular dynamics simulation with AMBER. It is a complex of protein, DNA and RNA
First I ran the command:
pdb4amber -i 5f9r.pdb -o 5f9r_new.pdb --reduce --dry
then I used the following script to solvate the protein and add counter ions.
source leaprc.protein.ff14SB source leaprc.water.tip3p loadamberparams frcmod.ionsjc_tip3p crispr = loadpdb 5f9r_new.pdb solvatebox crispr TIP3PBOX 12.0 charge crispr addions2 crispr Cl- 0 saveamberparm crispr crispr.prmtop crispr.inpcrd quit But at the last step, the parameters cannot be saved because of this kind of errors:
FATAL:  Atom .R<DG 1535>.A<C4 22> does not have a type.
It seems that the certain names of atoms in PDB file cannot be recognized by LEAP. I think this is caused by the atoms on DNA chain in the structure. (DG, DA, DT, DC are names of basic groups in DNA)
How can this problem be solved?
Thank you for your help.

Some times I just remove the atoms that not have a type from the initial PDB mannualy and run again the Leap.
Because the Leap adds correctly the missing atmos.

31st May, 2018
Yoshinobu Ishikawa
Shonan University of Medical Sciences
Hi Zhehan,
Did you source force fileds for DNA and RNA like leaprc.DNA.bsc1 and leaprc.RNA.OL3?
31st May, 2018
Zhehan Fu
Peking University
I have tried to source these two force fields but after then I ran "check" the structure and the problem still existed
1st Jun, 2018
Yoshinobu Ishikawa
Shonan University of Medical Sciences
Try if other pdb structures of protein/nucleic acid complex work fine.
1st Jun, 2018
Yoshinobu Ishikawa
Shonan University of Medical Sciences
You should list if DG, DA, DT, and DC parameters have been loaded in leap.
1st Jun, 2018
Zhehan Fu
Peking University
I have run "list" in tleap after loading DNA, RNA and protein force fields. And it showed that DA, DG, DC, DT and A/U/G/C are all loaded in leap. But the "does not have type" error still exists.
1st Jun, 2018
Yoshinobu Ishikawa
Shonan University of Medical Sciences
Did you check the atoms of DG, DT, ··· in the text file and visually?
1st Jun, 2018
Zhehan Fu
Peking University
Sorry, I have checked the text file, and the problem is solved.
Now the fatal error of "DA, DG, DC, DT" and "A,G,C,U" not have type does not occur any more.
This is because that ff14SB is a "protein-only" force field. If we would like to include DNA and RNA we should source "leaprc.DNA.bsc1" and "leaprc.RNA.OL3" force fields.
Thank you for your help and suggestions!

How to set input for minimisation in amber having protein frozen?
Question
  • Sadaf RaniSadaf Rani
I want to know how can I set my input file for minimisation so that I may freeze my protein and only minimise water in order to remove bad contacts?
sample minimisation input is as given below:-
Minimization with Cartesian restraints for the solute  &cntrl  imin=1, maxcyc=200,  ntpr=5,  ntr=1,  &end Group input for restrained atoms 100.0 RES 1 155 END END
Please suggest me how to add restraints for protein
Thank you
How can I get Antechamber working - it is giving an error message?
Question
  • Uttam Kumar BasakUttam Kumar Basak
I have installed AmberTools13 (http://ambermd.org/#AmberTools) in "/home/uttam/bin" and set AMBERHOME variable as "/home/uttam/bin/amber12". But antechamber is not working. Here is the set of commands and their outputs :
1) `which antechamber(sqm)` => /home/uttam/bin/amber12/bin/antechamber(sqm)
2) `echo $AMBERHOME` => /home/uttam/bin/amber12
3) `locate mopac.sh` => /home/uttam/bin/amber12/AmberTools/src/antechamber/mopac.sh
4) `antechamber -i FFF.pdb -fi pdb -o FFF.mol2 -fo mol2 -c bcc` =>
"Running: /home/uttam/bin/amber12/bin/sqm -O -i sqm.in -o sqm.out
Error: cannot run "/home/uttam/bin/amber12/bin/sqm -O -i sqm.in -o sqm.out" of bcc() in charge.c properly, exit"
5) `antechamber -i FFF.pdb -fi pdb -o FFF.mol2 -fo mol2 -c bcc -df 0` =>
"Running: /home/uttam/bin/amber12/bin/mopac.sh
sh: 1: /home/uttam/bin/amber12/bin/mopac.sh: not found
Error: cannot run "/home/uttam/bin/amber12/bin/mopac.sh" of bcc() in charge.c properly, exit"
What is wrong? How can I get antechamber working?
How to use VMD to view trajectory for Amber MD simulation?
Question
  • Aa KkAa Kk
I created .prmtop topology and .inpcrd coordinate files in tleap, and then I ran minimization, heating, and equilibration steps, and then 10 ns of production with pmemd in AMBER 14 and created .rst and .mdcrd files for my protein-ligand complexes, I noticed when trying to view the trajectory in VMD, it looked like my complex went out of the box during some steps, and I just want to make sure I'm looking at the files correctly since I'm new to MD simulations. In VMD, I used the command "vmd complex.pdb", and then loaded the complex.prmtop file and then the complex.inpcrd file, and then the min.rst, heat.rst, and equil.rst files, and then the production.rst files for each of the 10 nanoseconds. Is this the correct way to view trajectories in VMD? What is the purpose of visualizing the trajectory for MD simulations?
When trying to load the files for one of my complexes in VMD, I noticed that my complex.inpcrd, min.rst, and equil.rst files jumped around on the screen into different positions, but after the prod.rst files, it stayed relatively in place. I also noticed that for some of my complexes, the RMSD didn't converge completely after 10 ns because there were very sharp sudden peaks in my RMSD graphs that I created with cpptraj, so I was wondering if the issue could just be my settings during the MD simulations, or if I'm selecting the wrong files to load into VMD. Should I load the .mdcrd files instead of .rst, or would there not be a difference?

Duchenne's muscular dystrophy is caused by a loss-of-function mutation in DMD. Studies of the CRISPR-Cas9 method of excising the mutated region show efficacy in a mouse model of the disease.
Just like humans, bacteria can get sick. Some bacteria have a defense system called CRISPR/Cas9 that protects them from infection with viruses. Over the last few years, scientists have adapted this bacterial defense system to be used in the laboratory to alter the DNA of various organisms. This article will explain how CRISPR/Cas9 is used to edit g...
Presentation
CRISPR is a new development in efforts to operate on DNA to treat diseases. This presentation is about CRISPR and CRISPR-Cas 9. It was prepared as a result of many studies and article reviews. "CRISPR teknolojisi, hastalıkları tedavi etmek için DNA üzerinde çalışma konusunda yeni bir gelişmedir. Bu sunum; CRISPR ve CRISPR-Cas9 hakkındadır. Pek çok...