Question
Asked 11th Sep, 2017

How to save Excel graph as image with 300 DPI?

I tried both  MS paint and MS word, then saved as image but DPI is 96, conversion from 96 to 300 DPI through software dose not improve image quality, I am looking for direct method to save Excel graphs to 300 DPI

2nd Mar, 2022
Primož Kmecl
BirdLife Slovenia
An alternative way is to copy paste graph to MS Visio which lets you then save the file in whichever format you choose in whichever resolution. Hope this helps.

Enrique G. Gordillo
Universidad Católica "San Pablo" (Perú)
I'm sorry. The last message went out incomplete. I use this tool: https://www.xltoolbox.net/ With only one click (well... maybe two), you can generate high-resolution images especially for academic publication. Actually, the author is an academic that was tired of copying his Excel graphs to edit them in Paint. It's an add-in for MS Excel, and generates images in PNG and JPG format. It's free, it's reliable, it's light, it's easy to use. I'm absolutely not related to the producers of that tool. I'm just a simple user that finds it great and wants to share it. The bad news? It can't be used in Mac.

Isaac Dinaharan
I use the following method. Copy the excel graph and paste it in Microsoft image digital editor. By clicking on the section resize image, you can manipulate the resolution as well as size of the image. The same can be done in Photoshop also. It is not possible in MS paint. 
Muhammad Saleem Kalhoro
Asian Institute of Technology
Thank you very much Sir 
Muhammad Saleem Kalhoro
Asian Institute of Technology
Thank you SIr
Immo Weichert
East Suffolk and North Essex Foundation Trust (ESNEFT)
Dear Muhammad,
my suggestion is to convert it into a vector format:
For this make sure you have a pdf printer installed. Mine came with the windows office package that I am using, but you can also download various versions for free from other sites. Rather then printing out on paper they will create a pdf (which is a scalable file) and save it. Select the graph you want to make into a pdf, select print and choose the pdf printer as the output device. You can then open the newly created pdf  file and manipulate it for example in inkscape or GIMP (free software) or adobe illustrator (costs) and save it as an SVG (scalable vector graphic). Inkscape for example will  also allow you to export back into another format when you have manipulated or scaled up the graph or you can import SVG files into many other applications.
Hope this helps.
Best wishes,
Immo
Muhammad Saleem Kalhoro
Asian Institute of Technology
Thank you Sir
21st Apr, 2018
Jaan H Pu
University of Bradford
Hi, I have tried a couple of ways (as publication materials always require minimum of 300dpi for figures), and found that this way by University of Kent is the best. It works for me, and hope it will be helpful for you too.
You can follow the instructions in the link (again it is clear and step-by-step).
BR,
Jaan
21st Apr, 2018
Muhammad Saleem Kalhoro
Asian Institute of Technology
Thank you Sir
23rd Apr, 2018
Abdallah Hussien Fathy
Ain Shams University
You may use graphpad prism program (free for one month) or licensed version it do it easily by copying the graph and pasting it in the program and export it with the desired resolution 300, 600, or 900 DPI.
Muhammad Saleem Kalhoro
Asian Institute of Technology
Thank you Sir
Farhad Bahmanpouri
Italian National Research Council
Hi,
As an alternative method, if you install the Dplot you can easily plot any graph with different formats and resolutions. Once you install Dplot you would have an extension on the excel sheet, in add-ins tab.
Regards,
Farhad
2nd Jun, 2018
Laxit K Bhatt
Zydus Research Centre
The best, easiest and free way of doing it is to:
1. Select the graph you want to convert.
2. Go to "Print" and select "PDF Creator"
3. Press the "Print" option.
4. A new window of the default PDF Creator will open and direct you to save the image.
5. Select the appropriate profile TIFF, JPEG etc.. and change the resolution of the image through "Settings" option in the PDF Creator.
6. Lastly, SAVE the document to whatever location you need and VOILA you are done.
Enrique G. Gordillo
Universidad Católica "San Pablo" (Perú)
Muhammad Saleem Kalhoro
Asian Institute of Technology
Thank you Sir
Dominic Loske
Georg-August-Universität Göttingen
The best and fastest solution is the add-in for MS Excel proposed by Enrique G. Gordillo.
Ian Kusabs
Kusabs & Associates Ltd
Thank you Enrique.
Khulood Kayed Shattnawi
Jordan University of Science and Technology
The best free online image converter into 300 dpi:
Hadeer H. Abdelaziz
Cairo University
I use xltoolbox
Sarah Ebert
Marshall University
In Excel, right click on the graph and choose "Save as picture," and save it as a PDF file. Then open the PDF file and go to File>Export, and under Format choose JPG, then set the resolution to 300 pixels per inch and save. (I am using a MacBook so I'm not sure if this works on other computers)
Muhammad Saleem Kalhoro
Asian Institute of Technology
Thank you
Yuliya Vystavna
Biology Centre CAS
Dear all,
We faced with the same problem and solved it using IsfanView that can be downloaded for free from the official website: https://www.irfanview.com/
It tooks several minutes to solve the image resolution. We used "Image" and after "Resize/Resampling" and on the tool box you can install the needed DPI. After you save the picture in necessary format.
Yuliya
Muhammad Saleem Kalhoro
Asian Institute of Technology
Thank you
Matthew Ott
University of Minnesota Twin Cities
Khulood Shattnawi's answer was the only one that worked for me.
22nd Nov, 2018
Mattia Iannella
Università degli Studi dell'Aquila
I solved this issue simply copying and pasting the graph from Excel to MS PowerPoint, and then exporting a PDF from PowerPoint. The PDFs created by PowerPoint have (I don't know why, maybe some hidden settings) a better resolution than the ones exported from Excel.
22nd Nov, 2018
Sabry Abdallah
Tanta University
I use Xltoolbox , but also we can use IrfanView a free program https://www.irfanview.com/ for converting many photo . You can convert images between different formats, also batch crop, change size, set dpi, change color depth and more. From file menu chose batch conversion,rename/advanced/set new dpi and set it to 300 or more. As shewn in the following screenshots
22nd Nov, 2018
Sabry Abdallah
Tanta University
Also, we can use IrfanView for one image. You can use the following sequence, from file menu , open file, from image menu select resize/re-sample change dpi as you need. As shown in the following screenshots
Abhay Suresh Zambare
National Tsing Hua University
Please see this video, How to Save Excel Graphs as High Quality Images
You can directly convert plotted excel Plot/Chart from 96 dpi to 300, 600 dpi etc
Diego Raffo
Hospital de Niños Ricardo Gutièrrez
It is a difficult option, but you can change the settings of the registry of PowerPoint. Here is a link were it is clearly explained.
Riza Bayoglu
Nuvasive
After reading the comments here, I experimented within Excel and obtained sufficient quality. You could export a manually selected region including your chart as a pdf with the standard publishing option. Then, you need to crop the pdf using a vector graphics package (Inkscape). You would see you don't actually need to use any of the external software mentioned under this post.
Ramona Muñoz
ITAP
After reading here, without installing anything, I have found how obtain a .tiff file with at least 300dpi:
Copy and paste the graph in PowerPoint (in a page (large))
- You make PDF
- Save the PDF with "save as another..", choose image and TIFF, there, there are settings, including resolution which you can change: with 118.11 pixels/cm it has come out just right (300 dpi), but you can put much more
Polina Lemenkova
Université Libre de Bruxelles
The primitive but fast way is to take a screenshot (if you just need a jpg picture).
1st Apr, 2019
Jarosław Baszak
Hamamatsu Photonics
I would follow Sarah Ebert advise however Acrobat Reader in Windows usually does not have funcionality as in MacOS (save as BMP/TIFF/JPEG etc.). For this purpose I use PaperPort but it's not cost effective.
I do not see any chance in MS products to save as bit map (forget about any resolution setting).
1st Apr, 2019
Muhammad Saleem Kalhoro
Asian Institute of Technology
Thank you
Vjaceslavs Lapkovskis
Riga Technical University
Dear Colleagues,
In LibreOffice there is a good exporting tool for charts into JPG/PNG raster formats. Brief instructions:
a) select a chart (created in the working sheet) you want to save in JPG/PNG.
b) Go to FIle -> Export -> Check box "Selection" -> Select a format -> Press "Save" button -> Modify resolution to 300 dpi -> Modify WIdth or Height -> Change to minimum compression (highest quality) -> Press "OK" button.
Final result: JPG/PNG image with 300 dpi resolution.
Muhammad Saleem Kalhoro
Asian Institute of Technology
Thank you
Le Ngoc
University of Technology Sydney
Saeed Mojtabazadeh
Islamic Azad University - Zanjan Branch
Dear Muhammad Saleem,
In the first step you should save your Excel graph as a PDF file.
then, import the mentioned PDF file in the Photoshop program and set the resolution on 300 Pixels/Inch and finally save it as Jpg, Bmp or any other formats you need.
Regards
- S. M.
23rd Jul, 2019
Sajjad Raeisi
Purdue University
Use this toolbox! It works perfectly to generate high-resolution images (up to 1200 DPI) and its free. The best I've ever used!
Shima Rastgordani
Universität Stuttgart
This helped a lot! Thanks!
Muhammad Saleem Kalhoro
Asian Institute of Technology
Thank you
Michael Walsh
Waitemata District Health Board
21st Jan, 2020
Kailash Thapaliya
The University of Newcastle, Australia
Michael Walsh, toolbox worked so well mate.. Thank you so much
Anton Vrdoljak
University of Mostar
For some more valuable answers you can check this similar post:
Bhaskar Tripathi
Thapar University
I tried all options listed here. Finally figured out an easy way of doing it is to copy paste all your images into GIMP and do an export as (tiff or jpg) and save the image. Then you can crop the images.
Abhay Suresh Zambare
National Tsing Hua University
Watch direct except to 300 dpi graph in this video
Convert Excel Chart to High Resolution Image - (TIFF/PNG) at 300 DPI or Higher https://youtu.be/uCM_C-X5GVI
Hasan Masrur
University of the Ryukyus
Thank you so much for introducing xtoolbox. Microsoft Visio is another option with a wide range of export types and quality.
2nd Aug, 2020
Sabinaya Biswal
Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur
Had a very good experience with this "Tool Box" for Microsoft Excel! Hopefully, this will solve the issues!!
23rd Sep, 2020
Helen Mills Poulos
Wesleyan University
This worked great!
Muhammad Saleem Kalhoro
Asian Institute of Technology
Thank you
22nd Feb, 2021
Athanasios Podaras
Technical University of Liberec
Thanks to all for the xltoolbox tip. It worked great!!!!
Eben Goodale
Guangxi University
Feb 2021... couldn't get XLToolBox, which I've previously used successfully, to export without an error message. I used "InfranView" and the following instructions: https://blogs.kent.ac.uk/psychotech/2017/04/11/create-high-res-300dpi-images-from-excel-charts-and-plots/
Ioannis Daskaloudis
University of the Aegean
For MacBook users, save graph as PDF. Then open it with Preview and save it as tiff. You can also choose the DPI you want.
@ Sarah Ebert
Hugo De Groote
International Maize and Wheat Improvement Centre
I copy and paste the graph from Excel into powerpoint, edit a bit more (size the slide, makes the graph fit the slide, make fonts larger and so forth) then save as ".....TIFF".
To change the resolution from the standard 96 ppi to the 300 ppi requested by journals, do the following (https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/office/troubleshoot/powerpoint/change-export-slide-resolution)
1. Run the Registry Editor (in Windows, click Start and type “regedit” into the Run window)
2. Navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\14.0\PowerPoint\Options (the number 14.0 applies to PowerPoint 2010, for other versions it is: 11.0 for 2003, 12.0 for 2007, 15.0 for 2016, 16.0 for 2016)
3. Right-click to create a new DWORD-Value (32-bit) and name it “ExportBitmapResolution”.
4. Right-click on the created “ExportBitmapResolution” value, choose “Decimal” and set the value to 300.
Afterwards, when you will save the PowerPoint slides as images (Save as/JPEG) the resolution will be 300 dpi.
The procedure is summarized nicely here:
Adel Kacimi
École Nationale Supérieure des Sciences de la Mer et de l'Aménagement du Littoral - ENSSMAL
That's exactly what I did. It works
Razie Razavi
Sari Agricultural Sciences and Natural Resources University
You can use the JPEG imager software.
Regiane R. Santos
Schothorst Feed Research
This tutorial helps to solve the problem in less than 5 minutes!!!

Is intechopen a predatory publisher?
136 replies
  • Mohammad Al-QudahMohammad Al-Qudah
Dear colleagues
I was offered to write a chapter in a book for IntechOpen. Is it worth to publish them?
I am usually suspicious of such invitations. Therefore, I would appreciate your opinions in this regard and any past experiences of yours with this publisher.
What is InTech Open Science? A predatory or a ligitimate publisher?
Question
  • Stephen Jia WangStephen Jia Wang
Dear friends colleagues, have you ever received an invitation to publish your work at InTech Open Science (https://www.intechopen.com/)? I have recently been invited to edit a new book title for them. I am usually suspicious with such invitations and must check the authenticity of the publisher first. Interestingly, they claim that they have published the work for two recent Nobel Laureates. Therefore, I would appreciate your experience and opinions regarding InTech Open Science.
Kind regards,

Data Microsoft office Word adalah data pengolahan perkantoran yang mudah dan sederhana. Microsoft office excel adalah jenis data paling sering digunakan oleh pengguna komputer untuk pengolahan data. Keamanan data perlu diterapkan kepada kedua jenis data tersebut agar terhindar dari hal-hal yang merugikan seperti penyalahgunaan data. Kriftogarafi da...
Contenido: 1. Aspectos generales de Microsoft Office 2007; 2. Microsoft Office Word; 3. Microsoft Office Excel; 4. Microsoft Office Outlook; 5. Microsoft Office Access; 6. Microsoft Office Publisher; 7. Microsoft Office PowerPoint; 8. Microsoft Office InfoPath; 9. Otras funciones de Microsoft Office 2007.
Мета. Здійснити порівняльний аналіз паперу, отриманого на основі волокна льону олійного та ненаркотичних конопель. Методика. Дослідження в роботі проводили за допомогою сучасних теоретичних та експериментальних методів: експериментальні дослідження властивостей паперу, одержаного з волокон льону та конопель виконували з використанням стандартних ме...