Question
Asked 10th Mar, 2015
  • Stockholm School of Economics & NLA University College Hauge School of Management

How to perform a longitudinal analysis using SPSS?

I am searching for a step-by-step procedure explaining all the commands and possible commands and models when using the mixed models command in SPSS (I have unbalanced longitudinal data).

Kelvyn Jones
University of Bristol
This is an excellent site
includes SPSS syntax , that accompanies the book
Longitudinal Analysis: Modeling Within-Person Fluctuation and Change (by Lesa Hoffman)

Jerad H Moxley
Weill Cornell Medicine
This book goes throught it pretty throughly. The book website has all the examples that can be done in spss on it excepts (perhaps) glmm which has added to SPSS after the book was written but follows similar ideas. Here is that site 
Deborah J Hilton
Deborah Hilton Statistics Online
there is a book analysis without anguish which is SPSS based
Mohsen Hojat
Jahrom University of Medical Sciences
its related to your variables that you study designed for it
if you have a special demonstrate my be i help you more.
Zohreh Badiyepeymaiejahromi
Shiraz University of Medical Sciences
Please explain more but according to your question repeated measurement can be one of choices. I would like it can be helpful.
Chiemelie Benneth Iloka
Enugu State University of Science and Technology
I would recommend factorial ANOVA with simple effect analysis.
Kelvyn Jones
University of Bristol
This is an excellent site

How do I report the results of a linear mixed models analysis?
Question
  • Subina SainiSubina Saini
1) Because I am a novice when it comes to reporting the results of a linear mixed models analysis, how do I report the fixed effect, including including the estimate, confidence interval, and p-value in addition to the size of the random effects. I am not sure how to report these in writing. For example, how do I report the confidence interval in APA format and how do I report the size of the random effects?
2) How do you determine the significance of the size of the random effects (i.e. how do you determine if the size of the random effects is too large and how do you determine the implications of that size)?
3) Our study consisted of 16 participants, 8 of which were assigned a technology with a privacy setting and 8 of which were not assigned a technology with a privacy setting. Survey data was collected weekly. Our fixed effect was whether or not participants were assigned the technology. Our random effects were week (for the 8-week study) and participant. How do I justify using a linear mixed model for this study design? Is it accurate to say that we used a linear mixed model to account for missing data (i.e. non-response; technology issues) and participant-level effects (i.e. how frequently each participant used the technology; differences in technology experience; high variability in each individual participant's responses to survey questions across the 8-week period). Is this a sufficient justification? 
I am very new to mixed models analyses, and I would appreciate some guidance. 
-----

Clustered count data are commonly modeled using Poisson regression with random effects to account for the correlation induced by clustering. The Poisson mixed model allows for overdispersion via the nature of the within-cluster correlation, however, departures from equi-dispersion may also exist due to the underlying count process mechanism. We stu...
This book discusses the most important techniques available for longitudinal data analysis, from simple techniques such as the paired t-test and summary statistics, to more sophisticated ones such as generalized estimating of equations and mixed model analysis. A distinction is made between longitudinal analysis with continuous, dichotomous and cat...