Question
Asked 23rd Sep, 2022
  • Faculty of Medicine

How to perform MrBayes MCMC analysis precisely?

I am constructing a phylogenetic tree using align sequences of 4 mt-genes [2 coding, 2 noncoding]. Total nucleotide length extends up to about 2500bp. I am stuck in one point, therefore I want to get into an exact idea on how to determine the exact numbers for following;
*Number of generations
*Sample frequency
*Diagnostic frequency
*Number of parallel runs
*Number of heat chains
If someone could help me with this I would be much grateful.
Thank you..

Prabhath Amarasinghe
Faculty of Medicine
Daniel Carrera Lopez
thank you for your valuable response. Hope this would help me.

Premise of the study: Verrucariaceae is a fascinating lineage of lichenized fungi for which generic and species delimitation is problematic due to the scarcity of discriminating morphological characters. Members of this family inhabit rocks, but they further colonize soils, barks, mosses, and other lichens. Our aim is to contribute to the DNA-base...
Based on morphological, anatomical, chemical, ecological and molecular evidence, Blarneya is synonymized here with Tylophoron. The molecular phylogeny derived from sequences obtained from sporodochia of Blarneya places this genus, described to accommodate an anamorphic lichen with white cushion-shaped sporodochia, within Tylophoron. This conclusion...
The holotype of Tothia fuscella has been re-examined and is re-described and illustrated. An identical fresh specimen from Austria is used to designate an epitype with herbarium material and a living culture. Sequence analyses show T. fuscella to be most closely related to Venturiaceae and not Microthyriaceae, to which it was previously referred.