Question
Asked 7th Jul, 2021

How important is center-to-center distance?

I want to conduct a visual STM experiment where stimuli are presented focally in an area of 7.3°x7.3°. I have seen in some papers that authors give additional information of minimum and maximum center-to-center distance of stimuli. While I understand the minimum distance is important to differentiate these as two separate objects, I'm wondering, is the maximum distance within an already so limited area necessary?

We describe a picture proof of the Alternating Series Test which uses simple comparisons of areas of rectangles to establish convergence.
Conference Paper
Previous cognitive modelling work has suggested that the decline of short-term memory (STM) capacity is the dominant factor of age-related decline on recall ability. We report the results of a set of experiments investigating in further detail the effect of varying short-term memory capacity on the recall of chess positions using the CHREST cogniti...