Question
Asked 11th Sep, 2017

How to perform Land Use Land Cover Change Detection in Python?

I want to see the change in various features like vegetation, water bodies, urban area, wetland etc.  I have Landsat images. How do I perform this change detection using Python?

2nd Jun, 2019
Tong Hengjian
China University of Geosciences
OPEN SOURCE SOFTWARE OTB has an example about change detection

Geetika Rathee
Wageningen University & Research
There are several ways to do so. The simplest one would be to classify the two images and then compare them so that the output is binary in nature (same land use or not). Gdal and numpy are useful libraries to achieve this.
For the purpose of classification, use machine learning algorithm where you provide a trained spectral signature or index value for each land use type and then perform supervised classification (using, for example, random forest algorithm). 

Geetika Rathee
Wageningen University & Research
Gilles Vandewiele
Ghent University
Gajanan S Kothawade
Washington State University
What are the requirements for Land Use Land Cover Classification in terms of satellite data? Is it required to have the satellite image atmospherically corrected one?
Gilles Vandewiele
Ghent University
Hey, I saw a presentation today on your specific problem. It was in the context of a challenge organized at ECML. It works with Landsat images ;)

How to export data from Google Earth Engine with the spatial resolution of 0.25-degree?
Question
  • Lijie ZhangLijie Zhang
Hi, everyone.
I am currently working with the earth engine, and want to export some data to the local drive.
The data I want is ee.ImageCollection('ECMWF/ERA5/DAILY'). I checked the original spatial resolution of ECMWF/ERA5/DAILY which is around 27830. However, If I export the data with this scale: 27830, with EPSG: 4326, the data seems to have some deformation issue, see the attached file. (https://code.earthengine.google.com/46e01504503e7bbf44d28c4ae3799269)
How should I solve this problem?
Best, Lijie

Land use and land cover changes are local and place specific, occurring incrementally in ways that often escape our attention. This study sought to detect changes in land cover in the Tema Metropolis of Ghana from 1990 to 2010. Multispectral Landsat Thematic Mapper data sets of 1990, 2000 and 2007 were acquired, pre-processed and enhanced. Unsuperv...
Conference Paper
Wetland, as one of the weakest ecosystems in the world, is deteriorating rapidly in many regions. Longfeng wetland is the biggest urban wetland in China, located in the inner of Daqing city, Heilongjiang Province. It is divided into two areas by Wolong road, the east is provincial natural reserve and the west is unprotected. This paper describes a...