Question
Asked 7th Feb, 2018

How to add paper manually in Google scholar?

In Google Scholar i can able to upload the publication details but full paper upload details are not available

Michael Gunn
University of Uyo
How do I upload d file manually to Google scholar?

Popular answers (1)

Nidhal Kamel Taha El-Omari
The World Islamic Science and Education University (WISE)
Dear Uche Lucy Onyekwelu: The external name of your attached file is correct. But the file is an MS word document that has the internal title:
Effect of intellectual capital on corporate valuation of quoted firms in Nigeria

Krishna Kumar Yadav
Madhyanchal Professional University
You can upload full length paper on his accounts.
Artur Sergyeyev
Silesian University in Opava
I am afraid you cannot upload the article file to Google Scholar (if I understood your question correctly); probably the best you can do is to upload your file to some server indexed by Google which will eventually pick it up. I am not 100% sure but I think upload to ResearchGate should be OK in this respect.
N. C. Ujjania
Veer Narmad South Gujarat University
Dear Researcher
You can upload your research paper with detail by the google scholar registered email ID......
Dmytro Leshchenko
Odessa State Academy of Civil Engineering and Architecture
You can upload your full paper to Research Gate.
Jawad Abbas
Friedrich Schiller University Jena
Unfortunately, in manual option, you only can add details of articles NOT allowed to upload the paper.
Vishal Kumar Jaiswal
RKDF University
It is very simple to add paper details manually on Google scholar.
Just click here to know how to add paper manually in Google scholar.
Dmytro Leshchenko
Answered By: ic @westernsydney.edu.auLast Updated: Oct 12, 2017 Views: 4946
  1. 'SIGN IN' to your Google Scholar profile
  2. Click on 'My profile'
  3. To add publications, click on the + button and select from the list of the following options:
a) Add article groups: Articles will be grouped together by name. Use the check box to select and add a group of articles under your name
b) Add articles: Lists articles individually. Tick the check box to select  and add the articles you have authored
c) Add article manually: If the article cannot be found you can create an entry manually. First choose the publication type at the top of the form then fill in as many fields as possible
NOTE: Archiving your publication to Research Direct (Western’s Institutional Repository) or personal web page will help Google Scholar find your publication. Remember to check which version of your paper you are permitted to archive and always link to an Open Access URL if available.
22nd May, 2019
Ghanshyam Kandel
Agriculture and Forestry University
i faced difficulty in uploading article to google scholar
Saritha Bantu
Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University, Hyderabad
i didnot found any + button
3rd Jul, 2019
Mehdi Shahedi Asl
University of Kyrenia
Please see the attached image.
3rd Jul, 2019
Mohammad Vajdi
University of Mohaghegh Ardabili
Dear Madhusmita
I do agree with Mehdi Shahedi Asl
you can use add article manually option.
Sahar Nekahi
University of Mohaghegh Ardabili
Hi
Dear Madhusmita
There is a option under your profile picture, with a plus sign. click on it and the add article manually.
That's really a good question to follow, thanks for your discussions, everyone.
31st Jul, 2019
Asmaa Saber Ghaly
King Faisal University
I can't complete my profile making steps. It always stops at step 2 of adding my research work
3rd Aug, 2019
Omar Talal Mahmood
Northern Technical University
Use add paper manually option
Maged G. Bin-Saad
Aden University
In this link you find very useful information
23rd Sep, 2019
Ali Simsek
University College London
Hi,
I have the same difficulty with Madhusmita Choudhury . When selecting "add article manually", you are not allowed to upload your paper, rather, to add the details of your paper such as the title, the authors. I think this is the problem Madhusmita Choudhury raised earlier but I cannot see any helpful suggestion made by the above-responders.
Is anyone able to upload his/her article as well as its details?
Thanks.
3rd Oct, 2019
G.Dayana Jeyaleela
Shrimati Indira Gandhi College,Trichy.
My uploaded (Manually uploaded) articles are not shown in my google scholar profile. Can you tell me solution for my issue?
If it is not properly shown how its citation counted?
Abhishek Kumar Pandey
Kalinga Uinversity, Raipur, India
After confirming mail, I am not able to view on my paper in google scholar, How to add paper in google scholar
Saiesh Prakash
NVIDIA
I have the same problem. The add manually doesn't have option to upload paper. Any resolution yet ?
Andrei Neacsu
Horia Hulubei National Institute for R&D in Physics and Nuclear Engineering
Musa Kayode Yahaya
Ahmadu Bello University
I also have the same challenge, the "Add Manually" only accommodate few items.
Any guide on how to go about this will be highly appreciated.
Mohamed Sebak
Faculty of Pharmacy - Beni-Suef University
I have the same problem that I cannot upload or add a link for my published article to Google Scholar
Any recommendations
Ayman Moawad Mahmoud
Manchester Metropolitan University
You need to log into your Google account using gmail and then you will get the option to add your articles manually. On the left hand side, you will find a "+" next to "TITLE". Click the "+" and enjoy adding your published papers.
Best wishes.
23rd Jan, 2020
Sarkar Jawhar M Shareef
Salahaddin University - Erbil
You can add your papers manually after login to your Google account.
Sign in to your google account
my profile
(+) button
add article manual
add your article information
save
Cordelia Ochuole Omoyi
University of Calabar
This is also the problem I'm encountering
Anton Vrdoljak
University of Mostar
To Cordelia Ochuole Omoyi : Does your problem is also regarding full paper upload ?
Cordelia Ochuole Omoyi
University of Calabar
@Anthon Vidoljak Yes. Both upload and links
Anton Vrdoljak
University of Mostar
To Cordelia Ochuole Omoyi : Did you saw ^^ an answer given by colleague Artur Sergyeyev ? Here is a copy of his answer:
...I am afraid you cannot upload the article file to Google Scholar (if I understood your question correctly); probably the best you can do is to upload your file to some server indexed by Google which will eventually pick it up. I am not 100% sure but I think upload to ResearchGate should be OK in this respect...
Eman Riyadh Adeeb
University of Diyala
I do agree what Mr.Aymen has written.
S M Bhati
Nashik District Maratha Vidya Prasarak Samaj's K.B.T. College of Engineering
Papers published online are added in google scholar automatically if make settings accordingly. But not all papers.You can add only abstract manually if paper is not available online. Such paper can't be added in full form manually
Bharath Setturu
Indian Institute of Science
Sign in to your google scholar account
Click on (+) button
there are two options (I) search for Your Name then if it is success click Add to my profile OR (ii) Adding articles manually.
So the articles will be added to your profiles
Taddeo - Rusoke
Nkumba University (NU)
I have failed to see such a tab to add a paper manually. However, with time google robotics will link your paper title to researchgate, where one can download the full paper.
Safar Saeed Mohammed
University of Raparin
21st Jul, 2020
Inv. Mozhdeh Haddadi
In the part of your profile, press (+) and enter manual
Utsav Poudel
Tribhuvan University
If not published anywhere, what to do?
Uche Lucy Onyekwelu
Enugu State University of Science and Technology
How do I add published work in softcopy
Uche Lucy Onyekwelu
By adding the softcopy
Jim Chapman
North Carolina Geological Survey
You can only add the citation manually to your profile - so someone searching you on GS will see the citation. You can't upload the text. The Google Scholar algorithm will find it eventually, when the document title will then be searchable for anyone. (Of course, even at that time someone searching for it will also only see the citation unless the document isn't behind a publication pay-wall.)
Jim Chapman
North Carolina Geological Survey
Addendum: If the document is on ResearchGate, for instance, you can probably get your document to show up quicker on GS if you connect your RG account to Google (via your RG profile settings). I don't know that to be true but it seems likely.
Habu Musa
The Federal University Dutse
You can add your paper manually if you can not get it online
2nd Oct, 2020
Mostafa A. Ali
Universiti Teknologi Malaysia
pm
Myasar Alattar
University of Mosul
I do agree with Mehdi Shahedi Asl
Hussain Hadi
Xi'an Jiaotong University
published papers are added in google scholar automatically if it is online.
Nidhal Kamel Taha El-Omari
22nd Jan, 2021
Larbi Messaouda
Université Batna 2
3rd Feb, 2021
G. Stephen
St. Xavier's University, Kolkata
Adeyemi Oluwole
Chrisland University
Click on add new and follow the dialog table, you can copy and paste from the work PDF to the boxes manually.
Suad Hassan Danook
Northern Technical University
how to add a new publish research to google scholar profile ?
Soumyajit Das
Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur
First you have to check availability of your article in Google scholar. Then you can easily add to your Profile.
M. D.H. Prodhan
Bangladesh Agricultural Research Institute
To add article in google scholar manually is a very easy process. At first, you need to go to your own profile, then click the right button of the title and the following 3 options will be appeared, then click on the 3rd button...add article manually, then one new window will be appeared , and at this moment you need to add your desired article details.
Add article groups
Add articles
Add article manually
Sileshi Talegeta
Ambo University
A similar problem has been faced.
Subham Preetam
Daegu Gyeongbuk Institute of Science and Technology
Just Click on add new and follow the dialog table, you can copy and paste from the work PDF to the boxes manually.
Safial Islam Ayon
Green University of Bangladesh
Dr Md. Aminul Islam
Ahsanullah University of Science & Tech
This video systematically shows how to create Google Scholar Profile (GSP) and add publications easily! https://youtu.be/dqVAJJAat-A
Mohammed Rafiqul Islam
Jatiya Kabi Kazi Nazrul Islam University
Madhusmita Choudhury
Centurion University of Technology and Management
Thank You all for your responses, this certainly helped me and perhaps another researcher with a similar issues.
Thanks & Regards
Eunice Fonyuy Fondze-Fombele
University of Buea
This has helped me a lot. Thank you all for your responses to this important question
22nd Sep, 2021
Izegaegbe Daniel
Yaba College of Technology
I have been able to add my article through add manually and I saved it. However if I type the name of the article on Google scholar it doesn't bring out my article instead it brings out random articles. Please what wrong, what am I doing wrong
22nd Sep, 2021
Eunice Fonyuy Fondze-Fombele
University of Buea
If you have uploaded your PhD articles on other platforms like researchgate and academia, you need to wait for over two months, they will upload to Google scholar aromatically.
23rd Sep, 2021
Izegaegbe Daniel
Yaba College of Technology
@Eunice Fonyuy thanks for the info
Dang Viet Anh Nguyen
University Bourgogne Franche-Comté
Thank you for your responses
3rd Jan, 2022
Emmanuel Kobina Mesi Edzie
University of Cape Coast / Cape Coast Teaching Hospital
in google scholar, you click on the + symbol at the top of articles, you select add articles manually and then input the necessary information of the article . You the finally add.
Shivam Maurya
Sri karan Narendra Agriculture University Jobner Jaipur-Rajasthan
To do that, click the "UPLOAD PDF" button next to the article on your public access page. If you don't see the "UPLOAD PDF" button, sign in to the Google account that you used to create your profile. Please upload only articles that you've written and have the rights to share Madhusmita Choudhury adhusmita Choudhury
S. M. Abe Kawsar
University of Chittagong
Right Dr. @Mehdi Indication..
Vincent O. Nyangaresi
University of Nairobi
Once in your Google Scholar profile, select add, then search for it and then add it to you profile.
Ali Mansour Al-madani
Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar Marathwada University
pic
31st Mar, 2022
Fareed Ahmad
Aligarh Muslim University
you may manually add the article. It is quite simple to manually add the article. Simply click the Add button to the right of the title and enter the relevant information from the published article.
Shrey Verma
Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur
It will be directly added after a few days. OR by clicking the + symbol next to TITLE and go to add an article.
Michael Gunn
University of Uyo

-----